Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Edgar V...no more sat. afterhours....

sgtfury

Found out today that edgar v has been removed from sat. afterhours, being that Space management wants Sat. night in the blue room to be strictly house...hence, Osgar G playing the whole night...I think this is a major mistake...for better or worse, Space afterhours has been built around trance music...only time will tell...heard they closed the blue room around 830...the patio rocked until around noon...

I think it's a good move for Space because Fridays (which are Edgar's main night)have died down a little and this may help pick them back up. I also think having the same style of music in a club two nights is a mistake.(not to mention I love house!)

Oscar G. rocks that room ...closed at 8:30?

My friends and I were in the blue room until 10:00AM on Saturday!

smile.gif

I love Edgar, but the trance fad is quickly becoming a thing of the past...I think that's why Shadow is having it's problems and I think Space doesnt want to get caught in the same boat...Anyway, it doesnt really make sense to have hard trance playing every week and then bring guests like Deep Dish and Danny Tenaglia..I think having Oscar G. is a better fit..and plus, if you guys really want to hear Edgar go support him every Friday where he needs you...

btw: Edgar is great at playing house too, he just doesnt get the chance....

[This message has been edited by kingstreet (edited 05-08-2001).]

good ol' house music gets to stay on saturday nights eh?

that's surprising. i thought it was all about the TRANCE in miami.

IMO, i think they made the right decision. it's time to move on guys.

oscar g will carry the load quite well. the best of luck to oscar & co.

Originally posted by Nolimit:

good ol' house music gets to stay on saturday nights eh?

that's surprising. i thought it was all about the TRANCE in miami.

IMO, i think they made the right decision. it's time to move on guys.

oscar g will carry the load quite well. the best of luck to oscar & co.

Thank you EV, there are those here that would've been happy if that was the case, inspite of how nice you are to them on the board. I am not one of them.

Edgar V the peoples Dj. its just some people are closed minded about music u all should like all types of gender of music. look at nolimit he is very closed minded.sometimes it feels like high school in here House heads VS Trance Heads people growup.surport all types of music

[This message has been edited by macfunk19 (edited 05-09-2001).]

No Limit just ate his words!!!! OOPS!!!!! People should'nt talk without knowing 4 sure what the deal is, some people can't keep their mouth shut!!!!!!!! I'm not going to say any names....... NO LIMIT!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO PEACE & LOVE cwm2.gif

I want to offer a real big "sorry" to edgar V..... i'm not going to say who told me the edgar V rumor but lets just say that I was given the information by a high ranking Club Space employee...someone in a position that you would definetely take what they say as fact...edgar you are the man and I think you have made Space afterhours what it is..

okay before people go on spreading rumors THAT ARE NOT TRUE HERE'S WHAT'S GOING ON :

2 Saturdays ago i took the night off to go Spin in DC and that's why oscar played the whole night now last week was cinco de mayo and i am a resident of a club in Acapulco and they wanted to bring their dj to play....that's why i wasn't at the club........now i will still be spinning on Saturdays for after-hours but i will play in the Red Room......the trance music at Space is not over......so please stop talking crap if you don't know what is going on.......just because everyone saw me at Shadow on saturday doesn't mean i'm not playing anymore at Space (AM I NOT ENTITLED TO A DAY OFF).......i wanted to see Scot Project and also if all you guys really want to know it was my best friend's birthday and it was good that i got the NIGHT OFF so i could hang out with him!!!!!!!! so please before you guys start any more rumors remember i am a member of this board and you can send me a Private Message to verify what's going on...

Thank you,

Edgar V

hey edgar v your picture comes out tomorrow at clubhoppers.net under shadow lounge talk to you soon i wish i could see you spin at space but the people does not want me there its a long story old buddy . glad your doing good talk to you soon or see you soon hopefully at shadow again.

I agree we should all be more open-minded..

but did anyone notice how quickly you guys went in to a panic when you thought there would be house music playing at Space instead of trance.

Being open-minded goes both ways..it means being open to change and new things and other people's opinions also..

As soon as nolimit stated his opinion he got jumped...God-forbid someone like house on this board!!! Let me tell you, I consider myself to be very open-minded...being a house-head and living in Miami you have to be, because there isnt many options for us..

I think Space is a pretty amazing club because they offer many different musical options. I have supported Edgar and Oscar both, and I love them both, but I do think it is a good thing that they let Oscar take over the blue room on Saturdays. I think it will create a new refreshing vibe in the club.I am also glad that Edgar will still be there because the success of Space has largely been due to his sound.

So now we will have the best of both worlds!! One thing is for sure Space is definitely open-minded!!

BTW: where is the support for Oscar G. here?

He is probably the most internationally acclaimed house DJ/Producer we have in this town.Has anybody seen those new flyers for Space on Saturdays? Take a look..this guy has done it all!!!

PEACE smile.gif

Edgar you're the man!! Tell Oscar to get his ass on this board to talk to us!!!

Nolimit u come on this miami board talking shit about miami. if miami sucks why do u come everyday to the miami board when u live in NY .first u dont live here u dont know how our club scene is here because u have not lived in miami. Nolimit u better start liking miami because your mayor is going to closed all your clubs up in NY.Look he started with twilo closed.

[This message has been edited by macfunk19 (edited 05-10-2001).]

Originally posted by macfunk19:

Nolimit u come on this miami board talking shit about miami. if miami sucks why do u come everyday to the miami board when u live in NY .first u dont live here u dont know how our club scene is here because u have not lived in miami. Nolimit u better start liking miami because your mayor is going to closed all your clubs up in NY.Look he started with twilo closed.

[This message has been edited by macfunk19 (edited 05-10-2001).]

laughing out loud

i think someone else on this board mentioned i shouldn't have an opinion on the scene in miami because im all the way up here.

im not even going to bother with your comments and lousy assumptions. carry on mr funk.

Tranceformers, more then meets the eyes. Tranceformers, nolimit in disguise. Okay nolimit....transform into our secret weapon against the people that like trance in this message board. Tranceform into a worthless peice of shit and report to your smelly brown ass for further instructions.

Originally posted by georgeacasta:

Tranceformers, more then meets the eyes. Tranceformers, nolimit in disguise. Okay nolimit....transform into our secret weapon against the people that like trance in this message board. Tranceform into a worthless peice of shit and report to your smelly brown ass for further instructions.

cwm2.gif outta hand guy! cwm2.gif

NoLimit, that "other" person was me and for further clarification I never said you shouldn't have an opinion in the Miami board. You said that you lived here, that's fine and based on that you have the right to your own opinion. Everyone here is entitled to their "own opinion", I and everyone else should really care less about personal attacks, cuz yet again, it's their own opinion ....

------------------

Judgesml.gif

Is there anybody out there?

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

Respect the Floor.i.d.a scene!

-------------------------

Surgeon General's Warning: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregancy.

-------------------------

Archived