Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why you hate SPACE

attomic

OK I have read TONS of posts saying "ƒÂµÃ§k SPACE" blah blah blah....

For me the vibe is wack and the people are beyond rude. I feel sorry for ladies in that place, some of the swingin dicks in there act like animals. The only reason I go is to hear what Edgar is up to, say hi and say hello to some friends who are bartenders.

So lets hear your story....Explode-02.gif

[This message has been edited by attomic (edited 05-24-2001).]

Originally posted by attomic:

OK I have read TONS of posts saying "ƒÂµÃ§k SPACE" blah blah blah....

For me the vibe is wack and the people are beyond rude. I feel sorry for ladies in that place, some of the swingin dicks in there act like animals. The only reason I go is to hear what Edgar is up to, say hi and say hello to some friends who are bartenders.

So lets hear your story....p><p>much respect to edgar--who keeps th]http://bbs.clubplanet.com/ubb/smile.gif' alt='smile.gif'>

My beef with space is that the crowd is really plastic and into themselves. The music is excellent though. Every room has talent in space. I'm not sure about the hip hop room though. I'm not really into hip hop. Also the security at space is paraniod!

The celing is just too low, makes is seems so confined.

Too many males to females.

Whats this no glow stick shit? I don't use glowsticks but enjoy those who are good with them.

No credit cards at the door! Why not?

I only hit Space afterhours or when the tourists are over running the other clubs with their dockers and golf shirts.

------------------

Hate your job? Not happy with your life? We have a support group for that. Its called EVERYONE. We meet at the bar everynight.

Originally posted by georgeacasta:

Also the security at space is paraniod!

can you blame them?

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

Respect the Floor.i.d.a scene!

-------------------------

Surgeon General's Warning: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregancy.

-------------------------

Space has it's ups and downs. I go in both a professional capacity and a 'non-professional' capacity. In both instances, I'm usually treated fairly well. Sure there's some lowlifes there, but name one club worth going to that doesn't have it's share of jerks. There's no "method" of screening out all the lowlifes...space does what it can to get them out in my opinion.

You just gotta take the ups with the downs, ya know.

I agree with GA, the security is paranoid, A friend of mine got into a little conflict there and the security took it to an extreme. Now I don't go much unless it's to go to afterhours, I mainly go to hear Ed. or I don't want the night to end cuz i'm to fucked up, and the only good afterhours is Space. Leaves me no choice!!!!!!1

I have had my up and downs with space. for the most part ,the management seems to be a bit more receptive, these days. security is just that; they are there to provide security. that in it's self is a very complex task. the crowd what can I say; I can take it or leave it. personally, I prefer the after hours crowd. the vibe for after hours is incredible, and the music is always insane. after hours on the patio is just another perk. the talent; what can you say; other then, it's some the best talent around. space as popular as it is; will attract all types of people. what you take away from your space experience ,is your choice. if you choose to dwell about the elements around you; your experience will reflect that. surround yourself with good people, enjoy the music, and dance your a*s off..just my $0.02..

peace, sobeton

------------------

sobeton.jpg

Why I Hate Space

by: Noira

Space attracts amazing DJs who feel compelled to play bangin' music because they are at "SPACEMIAMI" which, because of the punk-ass bullshit asshole crowd, who requires their music to be "bangin'" ruining it for the rest of us knowledgeable heads who realize bangin' is for drugged up assholes who don't have a clue.

Space irritates me because they crowd in about 1,000 more people then they should, charge exorbitant amounts of cover, then over-charge their stupid weak-ass drinks and smelly water all in order to enjoy kick-ass DJs who feel compelled to bang it out because of the clueless dickheads who swarm to space because of the cool djs.

I hate space because every time i try to dance, i get hit with fucking glostix, manned by some dickless wanker who's decided i'm a choice piece of meat and he think's he's going to impress me with his glostix wave... or I hit some sort of fake plastic silicone body part that's sticking out about 2 feet too far.

I hate space because the damn security there has decided that gum is an illegal substance and try to strip search me every time i pull out a stick of gum.

I hate space because they have taken such potential and quality and turned it into such the typical miami-coke-e meat market, leaving us poor normal people stranded and wishing they would just explode.

I hate space.

the end.

------------------

--"My loathings are simple; stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music." V. Nabokov

POSTED BY NOIRA:

"Space attracts amazing DJs who feel compelled to play bangin' music because they are at "SPACEMIAMI" which, because of the punk-ass bullshit asshole crowd, who requires their music to be "bangin'" ruining it for the rest of us knowledgeable heads who realize bangin' is for drugged up assholes who don't have a clue."

Well noira, obviously you have had a very unpleasent experience at space..if you dont like the place, dont go. now to say that drugs arent used at space would be stupid, but are drugs not used at 99% of clubs in miami??

oh, and as far as you being so much more "knowledgeable" about the music, i didnt realize you had to be a musical connoseur to enjoy the music nowadays. what i take from your claim is that one has to be drugged up to enjoy "bangin" music?? Please..

now are there lowlife's and assholes at space?? yes there are, im not gonna lie, but give credit where credit is due to space,,

------------------

laser_show.gif

[This message has been edited by x-t-c (edited 05-24-2001).]

Originally posted by staceyg5:

i know this if off the subject but sobeton, hows things going? did you find something yet?

hey stacey !!

nothing yet !! thanks for asking. check your pm's.. peace, sobeton

------------------

sobeton.jpg

Archived