Clubplanet Nightlife Community

live DNB, House! Prohibited Beatz Thurs May 22

THURSDAY MAY 22

PROHIBITED BEATZ

starring:

NERVE - live band playing futurebound Broken Beats,Nu-Jazz and Drum'n'Bass

featuring:

JOJO MAYER - drums 'n' beats

TAKUYA NAKAMURA - electronics & trumpet.

JOHN DAVIS - bass & low end manipulation

2 live sets 11pm / 1am

special guest:

LISA SHAW - vocals

on the decks:

DJ SWINGSETT (ISM)

DINESH (Goldspot, Heat)

CENTRO FLY (main room!)

45 West 21Street, NYC

$10 / $7 w.flyer or RSVP to iamcoming@centro-fly.com

Doors open: 10pm

You can also pick up flyers at Breakbeat Science and Satellite

http://www.jojomayer.com

http://www.ismrecords.com

http://www.centro-fly.com

I may be a biased opinion, but this party is a must to anyone who says they go to clubs for the music. Nothing Prohibited Beatz does reinvents the wheel; It just shows the wheel turning. They take the mystery of what happens in the DJ booth and puts it right on the dance floor for everyone to see how brilliant music is. They don't need records to be pressed or a stage to stand on. It's all about people loosing control to the music and Prohibited Beatz wanting to get right down there with the people dancing. They position themselves around the dance floor to play their brand of club music live so you can walk amongst them. You just have to come even once to see what I am talking about. These are down to earth people who do something extrodinary with the club experience.

wow

this definitely sounds dope.

I have seen LIVE Drum-n-Bass acts before at Lunatarium...perhaps even the group refered too but yet just cant remember.

Anyhow...im needin a drum-n-bass fix...that shit is like the best to dance to......especially after a couple pints of Guinness.

These people are just unbelievably talented. When I first saw their set I just stood there transfixed on Jo Jo and how clean his shit was. Just such a crisp and clean sound for a live drum act that you'd think from outside of the club they are spinning mastered tracks. Lisa Shaw has an outstanding voice............the whole thing is just damn beautiful.

you guys are great!

by the way, enter through the SECOND door (the one closer to 6th ave.). the main entrance is for a different party in the pinky room.....ours is on the main floor!

see you all tonight!