Clubplanet Nightlife Community

That's "Life"...

I loved little debbies...how could u not???? I remember lots of talent shows and fearless singing and dancing ...where did that unguarded child go?

BTW does anyone rem a show called "V" ...it had manlike lizards in it (not graphic dumb ones but real people) the guy from freddy grouger (himself )was in it??????

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by flyingfestoon

I loved little debbies...how could u not???? I remember lots of talent shows and fearless singing and dancing ...where did that unguarded child go?

BTW does anyone rem a show called "V" ...it had manlike lizards in it (not graphic dumb ones but real people) the guy from freddy grouger (himself )was in it??????

Aw shit the "V" mini-series rocked! It was like Independence Day but with intelligent aliens that were disguised as human beings...they were pretending to be all friendly and shit while making plans to alter our planet and steal our water...pretty cool for mid-80s drama. They even had their own pseduo-swastika symbol and all.

vfinal3.jpg

The result of aliens and humans gettin' it on.

vfinal7.jpg

Robert Englund

vfinal6.jpg

Laser battles n shit.

The 80's where great. No worries, no problems, no headaches just plain ol' fun. I to loved the smurfs, gi joes, transformers and all that. And yes, i admit I to was in love with Daisy Duke. Scooby was definatley an all time fav (I still watch it today). I also remeber movies like E.T., Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm St, Back to the Future, Jaws and yes the Rocky movies too. How about the big GI Joe aircraft carrier that took up your entire room from one end to the other cause it was so damn big. All the He-man, Star Wars and Transformers toys, I too had them all. And who can forget the late 80's and Nintendo with games like Duckhunt and Mario brothers. Ahhh, all the great memories. Biz, thanks for taking us back and letting us remember all that was good.

Originally posted by pod

Aw shit the "V" mini-series rocked! It was like Independence Day but with intelligent aliens that were disguised as human beings...they were pretending to be all friendly and shit while making plans to alter our planet and steal our water...pretty cool for mid-80s drama. They even had their own pseduo-swastika symbol and all.

vfinal3.jpg

The result of aliens and humans gettin' it on.

vfinal7.jpg

Robert Englund

vfinal6.jpg

LMAO omg so gald someone else remembers that!!!

Laser battles n shit.

So We're back in English 1101.. Thanks for reminding me Professor. Does this mean I get sent to the moderator's office?? am I in BIG twouble again teacher??

Many of us, at times cut & paste other interesting things from the internet onto CP. I cut & re-edited some of the stuff according to my experiences. If you actually think I would claim that piece my own & think you or anyone else wouldn't discover it, then thats your perogative. After all it's your little world up there in your little head...

The site where I got the original info from happens to be the very 1st result/site that pops up when you enter "80's" on a search engine like say Google (btw, thanks for pointing that out with the links you put up). CP is pretty damn knowledgeable about browsing the internet, so why bother tryin' to fool anyone claiming I created it. In this case, with all the 80's children here, I put up a thread that created interest & I knew people will respond. In most of these cases Cpers will surf the net in search of ideas to add to their post regarding the thread & eventually stumble upon where I took the idea from (ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS THE FIRST MOST OBVIOUS SITE RESULT FROM A SEARCH ENGINE). I'm saddened, my credibility in your mind is shot. How can I make this up to you??

I wasn't aware that writing on CP was like writing a research paper. From know on I'll be sure to post my "work cited" page with every post/thread for reference.

Anyways, I'm flattered that you find it a must to try & make me look bad at every chance you get on every one of my threads. I call that Envy.. Thanks for being my number one fan. You prob have all my pictures & magazine articles posted on your wall in your appartment. I'll be sure to pick out & answer your fan mail with priority. After all, I don't want you turnin' into that guy from the eminem song "Stan". :rolleyes:

btw, Life & I thank you for the added publicity.

Best Regards,

Biz

Biz - the "Jayson Blair" of CP! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's funny. I thought I had seen it before, but I never said anything because, honestly, who cares? This isn't the New York Times. Maybe Biz found an article that put into words the point he was trying to get across, better than his own words. I liked it. Even though I was a child of the late '70s.

Hey I am definitly a child of the eightys ( born 1978) I just have to say thank you to all of you espiecially biz and mimid for all the great memorys. Im sure we are all from different parts of the country and I cant believe how much you hit the nail on the head. You made me remember where Im from and that is much needed to know where I am going. Thatnk you again.

P.S. I cant believe we are old enough to have something like this.

Originally posted by biznation00

So We're back in English 1101.. Thanks for reminding me Professor. Does this mean I get sent to the moderator's office?? am I in BIG twouble again teacher??

Many of us, at times cut & paste other interesting things from the internet onto CP. I cut & re-edited some of the stuff according to my experiences. If you actually think I would claim that piece my own & think you or anyone else wouldn't discover it, then thats your perogative. After all it's your little world up there in your little head...

The site where I got the original info from happens to be the very 1st result/site that pops up when you enter "80's" on a search engine like say Google (btw, thanks for pointing that out with the links you put up). CP is pretty damn knowledgeable about browsing the internet, so why bother tryin' to fool anyone claiming I created it. In this case, with all the 80's children here, I put up a thread that created interest & I knew people will respond. In most of these cases Cpers will surf the net in search of ideas to add to their post regarding the thread & eventually stumble upon where I took the idea from (ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS THE FIRST MOST OBVIOUS SITE RESULT FROM A SEARCH ENGINE). I'm saddened, my credibility in your mind is shot. How can I make this up to you??

I wasn't aware that writing on CP was like writing a research paper. From know on I'll be sure to post my "work cited" page with every post/thread for reference.

Anyways, I'm flattered that you find it a must to try & make me look bad at every chance you get on every one of my threads. I call that Envy.. Thanks for being my number one fan. You prob have all my pictures & magazine articles posted on your wall in your appartment. I'll be sure to pick out & answer your fan mail with priority. After all, I don't want you turnin' into that guy from the eminem song "Stan". :rolleyes:

Best Regards,

Biz

Credibility is everything . . . . especially from the "lawyer" who tried Saleen a couple a weeks ago. :nopity:

And believe me . . . I don't envy some dude that passes out flyers and goes out in his latest Urban Outfitters gear. Just keeping you in check!

You would be far better off admiting that you stole that piece and giving credit the next time you pass something off as your work!

Has far as life . . . :zzz: :zzz: :zzz::vomit2::vomit3:

Have a nice day!

Sobe2003

For you 80's girls out there: I think the best girls cartoon with accompaning mechandise line had to be Jem & the Holograms. Who wouldn't want to be a chick in a band with her best friends, a secret identity, and a computer which with just a click and whisper of her glowing earrings could answer her every command.

Jem Rocks!

Originally posted by sobe2003

Hey Biz - back in the '80's and even today - you would be called a thief. When you quote others work and writings you should give them credit:

http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~ritterd/wargames/80s.htm

and

http://www.80s.com/ChildrenOfTheEighties/page1.html

In today's world we call this plagiarism.

Your friend,

Sobe2003

lofl good catch

Originally posted by biznation00

Best Regards,

Biz

who cares! you're still a tool!