Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Coming to LA on Monday!!

sheendawg

What's up, LA peeps? I will be in town for Book Expo America and will be staying near the convention center....it's my first time in LA so I have NO IDEA about the scene or what to do with my time!

I will be in classes until 6 or so, and would like to hit some lounges with good house music during the week, then hit the bigger clubs on the weekend.

What websites do you recommend that I check out in addition to your advice and how far will I be from the beach?

Thanks!! :D

Look forward to even meeting some of you.......

Originally posted by sheendawg

Damn girl, you hold the LA board DOWN! :laugh:

Thanks for the info......LOL....how far am I from the beach, though? :)

:laugh2:

the convention center is right in my neck of the woods, actually. i work in santa monica, and it's about a 20 minute drive with no traffic. of course, there are lots of beaches from which to choose, but santa monica's nice :shades: . i'm also not that well-versed in too many other beaches... i'd advise against venice beach, though, 'cause it's too touristy, crowded, and hippie-fied all at once (no offense to anyone). santa monica also has its fair share of tourists, but it's under control. and the arcade at the pier has some cool old-skool games.

Originally posted by sheendawg

What's up, LA peeps? I will be in town for Book Expo America and will be staying near the convention center....it's my first time in LA so I have NO IDEA about the scene or what to do with my time!

I will be in classes until 6 or so, and would like to hit some lounges with good house music during the week, then hit the bigger clubs on the weekend.

What websites do you recommend that I check out in addition to your advice and how far will I be from the beach?

Thanks!! :D

Look forward to even meeting some of you.......

Too bad you wont be in town this weekend to catch Armin in action. Then again, it sounds like house is more your cup of tea...

But yeah, Venice tend to get tourist filled. Then again, you are a tourist...why pass up a tourist attraction right? I definitely would not go there at night though. In addition to Santa Monic, there's also Manhatan. Hopefully mother nature will cooperate and provide some of that signature So Cal sun shine soon...

Originally posted by weyes

where do you live? we've had sun constantly where i live for weeks.

I live in the suburbs of LA...waaay down south closer to OC. Plus I work in Newport. So we get a lot of ocean front over cast.

Yeah its been better the last couple days. But you gotta admit, nowhere near the intense heat usually associated with this time of the year. I mean, temp in the 70s & 80s...what's up with that? :mad:

Originally posted by tequiza

I live in the suburbs of LA...waaay down south closer to OC. Plus I work in Newport. So we get a lot of ocean front over cast.

Yeah its been better the last couple days. But you gotta admit, nowhere near the intense heat usually associated with this time of the year. I mean, temp in the 70s & 80s...what's up with that? :mad:

i'm not understanding, i don't think. are you saying that you'd like the weather to be over 80???

Originally posted by weyes

i'm not understanding, i don't think. are you saying that you'd like the weather to be over 80???

No I actually preferr heat..hotter the better. But lately its been nothing but overcast :mad: And usually by this time of the year we're hitting the 90s. Oh well...hope the cooler climate will help prevent them rolling black outs from re-occuring :cool: