Clubplanet Nightlife Community

George Acosta @ Maze

spinstar

Trance may not be dead in Miami, but it is "dead" as a cutting edge genre. No matter how many new tracks are produced, no matter now many new trance DJs pop up, it all seems to revolve around the same thing...

130 BPM kick drum-frilly synth patch-fruity girl vocal about castles or something-buildup-breakdown-repeat!

That's why you've got people like Edgar succeeding worldwide, they've moved beyond trance, and incorporated other styles into their mix... Edgar in my mind isn't trance anymore, he's gotten a little beyond it...:) Edgar gets booked at Maze, it's not gonna be the same sound as Space 2 years ago. Sorry kids, but those are the breaks.

Also, I'm gonna ask you how many of your "trance heaven" nights were fueled by drugs? I'm willing to bet a lot. I was there once...hey when I'm fucked in the head, anything sounds good! Not to bash trance as a whole, there is good trance out there, it's just very hard to find nowadays. Again, that's why I look to Mr. V for the quality stuff.

So in closing, if Maze is gonna do a trance saturdays, make sure it's Edgar, and not George.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"vocals about castles ..... etc " POD ... LMAO

I figure the reason why people dislike trance is because the trance that they do hear is the "SUPER COMMERCIALIZED " trance that you usually hear on 93.1 etc .

I suggest people invest in some IMPORTS and maybe make a trip to Europe and see how TRance is alive and rockin in most major clubbin cities .

Only because Miami doesn't have many decend Trance Dj's (exception EDGar V & GA ) doesn't mean TRANCE is DEad .

I like House alot , but for me there is not a genre of electronic music that gives you as much energy/life as TRance / Prog TRance . :tongue:

TASTES are relative !

"believe in fate "

Originally posted by mursa

"vocals about castles ..... etc " POD ... LMAO

I figure the reason why people dislike trance is because the trance that they do hear is the "SUPER COMMERCIALIZED " trance that you usually hear on 93.1 etc .

I suggest people invest in some IMPORTS and maybe make a trip to Europe and see how TRance is alive and rockin in most major clubbin cities .

Only because Miami doesn't have many decend Trance Dj's (exception EDGar V & GA ) doesn't mean TRANCE is DEad .

I like House alot , but for me there is not a genre of electronic music that gives you as much energy/life as TRance / Prog TRance . :tongue:

TASTES are relative !

"believe in fate "

:aright:

this actually is one of the best threads ive read in a while.....what to say....yes george is a pioneer, but lets look at it like a relay team...george has pasted the baton to edgar and edgar has taken it to the next level....hey r both....GREAT d.j's......but its true what ive read up there george week in and week out is just the same thing over and over, but thats what most of his fans want from him....alot of his fans r the shadow heads...which i was one of...that want to hear....worl in my eyes with overdrive, followed by ayla etc....i agree that comic gate, scot project, scot bond.... need to get ALOT more recognition around here, but we have to start screaming from the rooftops so they take us seriously enough to actually book them.....Things evolve and that what has happened with george....i to miss the old mix, shadow, kgb, days but i also dig the new oscar g space days....and so what if way back in the days it was drug induced...its what got me into the music yes, but the music itself is what i still enjoy and feel on the inside even when im sober, and u dont believe im hardcore u could ask tranzwhore.....she knows im hardcore, were hardcore buddies!!!!!!!....im still foaming at the mouth to meet saleen never met him but here sure does add quality entertainment to this board....i thought we were gonna be in the same club once and i asked to mett him and all he put was a big fat NO...lol

hes a good laugh....lets see id like to go to maze to see george but i have to see what happens with the kids and stuff...its nice to go back every once in a while just not every weekend......and as for next week Edgar V vs. Tiesto....im in edgars corner all the way...i hope to see many of u out there as well.....Edgar deserves our support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Originally posted by tranzwhore

ur a smart guy arturo!

& lucky too.

hehehe :laugh: I am. I was like.. mmhh I'll go to Orlando and see Tiesto there then come back on friday for Mr V`s show. IT will be W I C K E D! :D :D :D :D I cannot wait either.

btw, what's up :)

Originally posted by tranzwhore

not much. we're chillin' this weekend. pooped out from having about thirty jr. high kids over for our kids bday! but we'll be there for EV. see ya there! have a good week.

oooo cool! hehe Im glad everytthing went well.

thanks for the wishes. have a great week you too!

greetings to Lex.

all the best,

arturo

IT THE START OF A NEW BEGINNING!!!!
GOOD LUCK TO GEORGE & ALL THE FUTURE TRANCE DJ'S TO COME...

(crossing fingers for trance saturdays.....)

HOPEFULLY THEY''LL BE ABLE TO KEEP HAVING EDGAR V SPINNING ON SATURDAYS AS WELL AS ANY OTHER TOP NOTCH DJ TO HELP BRING TRANCE BACK TO LIFE.......

he does playsome interesting tracks....

hopefully they'll mix it up....... (dj's)

have different dj's performing...

at least to spice it up a bit....

my 2 cents worth..

one day Space and Edgar V have to sit down and put all Bullshit aside and let him play there. they fit each other like a glove. Edgar can rock that room and Space can use a VERSATILE trance type dj. and no trance isnt completly dead. \

dont confuse 93.1 day time music cheese for that trance.

Originally posted by klubveteran

one day Space and Edgar V have to sit down and put all Bullshit aside and let him play there. they fit each other like a glove. Edgar can rock that room and Space can use a VERSATILE trance type dj. and no trance isnt completly dead. \

dont confuse 93.1 day time music cheese for that trance.

:aright: I second that.

NOW THAT IS WHAT THIS CITY NEEDS THEM BOTH AS THE RESIDENTS THAT WILL DEFENTLY BE VERY SOLID NIGHT....IT WILL ONLY MAKE BOTH DJS AND CLUB GET BETTER AND BETTER AND LOUIS WILL HATE IT.....YOU LOUIS WILL REALLY HATE IT.

THIS HERE IS NOT ABOUT WHO IS BETTER OR WHO IS GAINING OR WHO IS LOOSING....LETS FACE IT THIS HERE IS ABOUT GROWTH ON HOW WE CAN MAKE IT BETTER FOR ALL OF US.

FROM ACOSTA TO EDGAR ....ACOSTA IS A PIONEER, EDGAR HAS ALWAYS LIKE, APRICIATED & LOOKED UP TOO GEORGE AS WELL AS GEORGE HAS ALWAYS COMPLEMETED THE FACT THAT EDGAR IS A GREAT DJ.... GEORGE WILL ALWAYS INDEED WILL BE HERE AND WILL REMAIN A POWERFULL FIGURE FOR US IN THE SCENE, NOONES CAREER IS GOING DOWN BUT ONLY GETTING BETTER...AS FOR EDGAR THE SAME IT CAN ONLY GO UP....I HAVE SEEN THOSE 2 GUYS PLAY TOGHETER AND ITS MAJICAL.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT ACOSTA LOOSING FANS AND FOR EDGAR GAING MOMENTUM..AS YOU ALL KNOW THERE ARE PEOPLE SAYING THE OPOSITE.... BEUCASE LIKE ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN BE UP TOP FOREVER BUT YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THAT NEW THINGS COME AND YOU HAVE TO BE ON TOP OF YOUR GAME TO SEE THAT AND LET THE NEW PEOPLE IN AS YOU BECOME THE NEW PERSON SOMEWERE ELSE GLOBALY AND REPRESENTS FOR US DOWN HERE SO OUR DJS LIKE EDGAR CAN HAVE DOES WOUNDERFULL EXPIRIENCES AS WELL.

LETS LOOK AT DAVID PADILLA, OSCAR G AND RALPH...DOES GUY WERE HUGE BACK IN THE EARLY 90'S....THEN LIKE YOU GUYS WILL SAY THEIR CAREER IS DEAD.....WELL LET ME TELL YOU THAT THIS CYCLE HERE THAT YOU NEW LADS ARE SEEING I HAVE SEEN SINCE'S 1989...ITS THE CYCLE COMING BACK...NOW YOU SEE OSCAR & RALPH DOING WELL.....

WHAT AM SAYING IS:

DJS LIKE OSCAR, RALPH, GEORGE, EDGAR...WILL ALWAYS STAY HERE AND WILL NEVER DIE...THEY ONLY RE INVENT THEMSELFS.....ALL YOU KNEW LADS FROM SPACE....YOU WILL SEE YOURSELFS IN A SITE LIKE THIS IN A FEW YEARS...HATETING THE DJS YOU LOVE NOW AND LOVING THE DJS YOU HATE NOW...AND THATS A FACT.

SO I SAY THAT MAZE HAS NOTHING TO LOOSE BUT EVERYTHING TO GAIN.....I SAY ACOSTA & EDGAR V FOR RESIDENT BIWEEKLY...ITS TIME...NO CLUB IS DOING IN IT....LET MAZE BE THE ONE....IT WILL ONLY GIVE THE NAME MAZE THE WORLD RECOGNITION IT DESERVES.

LETS BOYCOTT SPACE...IT SUCKS.....SPACESUXXXXXXXX34

geez, you really have it out for Space, dontcha? I think we got the point on the first post. I gotta ask, what did they do to you? Don't tell me you're pissed cause they don't book the DJs that you want. crobar doesn't book any DJs I like, and I consider it a decent club...

I'll admit that early last year I was kinda ragging on the club, they had some procedural issues I wasn't too happy with, and other people weren't too...but ya know what? Most of that stuff is gone. Space 34 had some issues too, but I can tell they're trying to resolve them.

You seem vague, that "Louis is gonna get his..." or "even your workers hate you..." ...you haven't come out and said what him or Space has done to you.

In my mind, I'm grateful that we have the top club in the country in town, it saves me airfare...they usually get the best DJs, and are willing to take chances from time to time with their bookings...

Back to the topic at hand though...George will certainly rack up some crowds at Maze...if he is in fact going to have a residency there on Saturdays. It takes a bit for his minions to realise he's moved, but once they do, it's packed...Maze could easily use him as a financial buoy...allowing them to take chances on guest DJs in conjunction with Ralph on Fridays.

there's no doubt in my mind that GA will pack Maze June 7th --

will 500+ people go to Maze every Saturday night if Acosta was playing a residency? hopefully.

if you look at his residency at Spin, the attendance numbers slowly started tapering off until basically the club was sold and he stepped off. i'm sure he doesn't want to get a residency at a club here in Miami only to be disillusioned that people will come consistently week in and week out, when in fact they start to end up going somewhere else.

i would be just as cautious as he in predicting a Miami turn-out.

one week we're all dedicated trance heads, next week devoted house heads...

no wonder most Miami DJs are dying to get the fuck out of Florida.

they're having a difficult time filling a room with free admission, an open bar, and the occassional free CD.

I read in one of Stryke's recent posts about possibly crossing the pond... I don't blame him. The night he was at Maze his music was off the fucking hook, and the turnout was despressing... I'm sure both he and Acosta's sets in places other than Miami are absolutely packed, and the fans are very grateful for them to be performing in their local club.

everyone needs to support the local spinners/producers and stop jocking international cheese balls.

also, trance is far from dead. people in 90s said that house was dead and they were wrong. basically these dance genres never fully go out of style, they just morph into new grooves. this new sound that GA is spinning lately (trance melodies coupled with break beats) is taking off. people everywhere are eating this with a spoon.

except of course for locals.... support your local DJs!