Clubplanet Nightlife Community

so cp has a commercial on ktu now?

Guest gabo

Guest gabo

I am not saying its a bad or good thing I was just wondering if it was this clubpalent or if there was another clubplanet.

Originally posted by DaVe

It's us. Check out http://www.clubplanet.com/ontheradio/ for the details if you're interested. It is a 1-minute ad mostly featuring clubs outside of the city right now, but we do expect it to bring some newbies to the site too.

We expect that you'll all teach them about "real" music and the scene... :) Everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Be gentle with them... :direct:

Nice, Dave. :aright:

its not different from the "NY Minute" our OUTQ commercials that are on the radio, they clubs that want a commercial crowd will pay to be on it, and the more underground clubs will have no interest and you wont hear them on the radio...so bacly other then maybe some new heads on the boards, your not gonna see a bunch of new people showin up at less known by the masses clubs.

Originally posted by joeg

whats the difference... cp can't get any worse... the scene is in a lull aswell.... maybe it'll stir things up...

CP might not be great, but the scene isnt THAT bad. there are still good things to do if you look hard enough.

Originally posted by hotcheme

CP might not be great, but the scene isnt THAT bad. there are still good things to do if you look hard enough.

someone else made a good point the other day... we were talking about how you could go out ANY night of the week in NYC for a long time and find a packed club with good music... now you're lucky to get thursday, friday & saturday...

someone else made a good point the other day... we were talking about how you could go out ANY night of the week in NYC for a long time and find a packed club with good music... now you're lucky to get thursday, friday & saturday...

That's a good point, but it was also when the NYC economy was barrelling ahead.

Originally posted by bassboy

Yeah, but hopefully when the economy picks up so will the scene.

:hump:

no, cause now while it was already in a slump, mayor bloomberg decided to kick the scene in the balls while they were down - nyc nitelife will be fucked for a while...

Monday night: Tronic

Tuesday night: Homegrown

Wednesday night: Static

Thursday night: Subliminal

Friday night: Arc

Saturday night: Arc

Sunday night: Shelter

The options are out there. Just because they're less, doesn't mean they don't exist. Nothing is ever going to get better if everyone just sits on their asses waiting for something to happen.

Originally posted by Xpander

Monday night: Tronic

Tuesday night: Homegrown

Wednesday night: Static

Thursday night: Subliminal

Friday night: Arc

Saturday night: Arc

Sunday night: Shelter

The options are out there. Just because they're less, doesn't mean they don't exist. Nothing is ever going to get better if everyone just sits on their asses waiting for something to happen.

hey, does sara walker still do static? i forgot about that party...

as for the others... ehh... whatever, if its your thing, cool, i'm not gonna knock em or anything....

the best party i've been to in the last month or two (sans raves) was the homegrown party @ filter... but filter is just an oversized lounge... i miss those big party nights... and arc is often empty these days...

Originally posted by berniec

no, cause now while it was already in a slump, mayor bloomberg decided to kick the scene in the balls while they were down - nyc nitelife will be fucked for a while...

but aren't they cutting funding on programs relating to drugs and nightlife??

hey, does sara walker still do static? i forgot about that party...

as for the others... ehh... whatever, if its your thing, cool, i'm not gonna knock em or anything....

the best party i've been to in the last month or two (sans raves) was the homegrown party @ filter... but filter is just an oversized lounge... i miss those big party nights... and arc is often empty these days...

I actually think Static might have changed to one-offs, but i still see them around.

Well what parties were you thinking of? With the exception of Twilo and LL, almost all the other parties were at smaller lounge like atmospheres. You want different music? Drum n Bass? Downtempo? Tech-house? Well it's all there, I just didn't bother listing them. As for Arc being empty...well, people blaming the club for being empty and then not goin, a rather circular way of thinking, innit?

Fact is, people are more lazy and broke, or both. But anybody who complains about the nightlife lacking and then not going out themselves...well Joe...:grenade: