Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Here is the low down on this past Sunday at SURF

I just got home and got on the board to see what the reviews were on my party yesterday at SURF. There are so many different threads about DJs, music, crowd, etc. I didnt want to answer every thread so I decided to start my own.

About the music, the first DJ was Johnny Budz from 12-4. That spot is designed for the average music listener. It will be what people call "KTU cheese". Though I dont agree that it is cheese that is the music that will be played from that period weekly. It is for the average club goer. At 4 PM, resident DJ Kirk Lopez mans the wheels. I dont think I dont need to say anymore about Kirk Lopez. The guy is a master of the turntables. Him and I have been together on this Sunday for the last 3 or 4 years and I can honestly say the music at the SURF has never been better. At 9 PM our guest DJ/DJs will go on. For everyone's info last nights guest DJ was Johnny Maroney. As I have read on everyone's threads he did an excellent job. (I told all you guys that doubted me all week). This 9 PM slot is going to have some great names in its rotation. Just u wait and see.

About the crowd last night it was unbelievable. Some of the most beautiful girls in the tri-state area. I can honestly say I was impressed with the quality. I have been running this party for a few years now and dont remember a memorial day Sunday with such eye candy.

One thing I would like to apologize for is the wait that some people experienced outside. I tried to get people in as quick as I could but sometimes it isnt quick enough.

Well I am glad everyone had a good time. Next week, DJs Joe Giorgio, The Moo & DJ Prime. See everyone there.

the 3 worse dj's in the state will be there next week. way to advertise. if it wasn't for nj guido & vip tech these fools woyuldnt even be dj'ing.

next sunday jersey cheese @ its finest. make sure you all get there early to hear dark beat.

Originally posted by godisadj

the 3 worse dj's in the state will be there next week. way to advertise. if it wasn't for nj guido & vip tech these fools woyuldnt even be dj'ing.

next sunday jersey cheese @ its finest. make sure you all get there early to hear dark beat.

\

Bad, negative "i'm not djing anywhere good myself" attitude

How on earth does the Surf do it without your input?

HEY.. I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT ANYONE HAS TO SAY.. SURF CLUB WAS INTENSE.. THAT PARTY WAS OFF THE HOOK.. AND IF ANYONE WAS SMART THEY WOULD OF GOTTEN THERE WAY BEFORE 3PM.. CAUSE IT'S ALL ABOUT THE 9..TO 5 ATTITUDE THAT MAKES CLUBBIN THE EXPERIENCE IT'S MEANT TO BE..OFF THE HOOK.. :cool::tongue::cool::tongue::cool::tongue:;)

why do people always have to rip on DJs that ARE working. they obviously got thier spots for a reason. I mean we all know its who you know in life but still after who you know ges you so far the rest is about being able to be up to the task. i have heard prime before and he rips it pretty good

Sounds like someone did too many bumps of fucking k on Sunday....

Tigger and I got there around 8:30 on Sunday and had a blast till we departed for Tempts....

The place was packed, and everyone was buggin out to the good tunes... not too many people were standing still complaining about the music.....

Mad props on the party Serg... nice seein you out again... always makin sure to take the time to say hello to everyone while you are on the scene...

See you next week.....

For those who didnt like the beats or the party...

Stay the fuck home... more space for me... and one less bitch to run over on my way to the bar...

Surf was definetely a blast....

Thank you serge for the help at the door. Much appreciated :D That line was definetely out of control.

Kirk Lopez definetely through it down. Great set....

sticky and firedup...thank you guys too....You guys are great....

Originally posted by stigeleiro

I just got home and got on the board to see what the reviews were on my party yesterday at SURF. There are so many different threads about DJs, music, crowd, etc. I didnt want to answer every thread so I decided to start my own.

About the music, the first DJ was Johnny Budz from 12-4. That spot is designed for the average music listener. It will be what people call "KTU cheese". Though I dont agree that it is cheese that is the music that will be played from that period weekly. It is for the average club goer. At 4 PM, resident DJ Kirk Lopez mans the wheels. I dont think I dont need to say anymore about Kirk Lopez. The guy is a master of the turntables. Him and I have been together on this Sunday for the last 3 or 4 years and I can honestly say the music at the SURF has never been better. At 9 PM our guest DJ/DJs will go on. For everyone's info last nights guest DJ was Johnny Maroney. As I have read on everyone's threads he did an excellent job. (I told all you guys that doubted me all week). This 9 PM slot is going to have some great names in its rotation. Just u wait and see.

About the crowd last night it was unbelievable. Some of the most beautiful girls in the tri-state area. I can honestly say I was impressed with the quality. I have been running this party for a few years now and dont remember a memorial day Sunday with such eye candy.

One thing I would like to apologize for is the wait that some people experienced outside. I tried to get people in as quick as I could but sometimes it isnt quick enough.

Well I am glad everyone had a good time. Next week, DJs Joe Giorgio, The Moo & DJ Prime. See everyone there.

Well said SERG,

Thanks for Sunday.........Great party............:D

Victor Soto

These fools as you put them are kids that are trying to make it in a really tough industry. You talk a great game when it comes to music. Have you ever tried DJing before. I did as a joke a few years back and it was the hardest thing I have ever tried. How are these guys supposed to make it if people like me, vip tech, etc dont give them a chance. Everyone had to start somewhere. Ask Denny or Richie Rydell who they owe their first big break to I guarantee its some friend or nightclub manager. I am really looking forward to next Sunday and the Sunday after. I did this young guns thing last year and they were 2 of the best weeks the SURF had all summer. Yeh I could bring some of that top level talent in these two weeks but I need some weeks to let the younger guys play this room.

Originally posted by stigeleiro

These fools as you put them are kids that are trying to make it in a really tough industry. You talk a great game when it comes to music. Have you ever tried DJing before. I did as a joke a few years back and it was the hardest thing I have ever tried. How are these guys supposed to make it if people like me, vip tech, etc dont give them a chance. Everyone had to start somewhere. Ask Denny or Richie Rydell who they owe their first big break to I guarantee its some friend or nightclub manager. I am really looking forward to next Sunday and the Sunday after. I did this young guns thing last year and they were 2 of the best weeks the SURF had all summer. Yeh I could bring some of that top level talent in these two weeks but I need some weeks to let the younger guys play this room.

I agree serge. I tried to DJ once too, and it is NOT easy at all....I would never bash any DJ, even if I thought they stunk, just because if I cant do any better its not my place. I have always said that.

Originally posted by kostaP

Surf was a sick time.

Serge thanx for the hook up. Glad I dont have to wait on a three hour line to get in!!

Hey Kosta, I didn't know you working the bathrooms at Surf Club on Sundays. Thanks for the clean napkin every time I took a piss!

Hey Serge, how'd you get Kosta to be a bathroom attendant? He did a great job!

:tongue:

Originally posted by voodoolounge

Surf was a sick time.

Serge thanx for the hook up. Glad I dont have to wait on a three hour line to get in!!

Hey Kosta, I didn't know you working the bathrooms at Surf Club on Sundays. Thanks for the clean napkin every time I took a piss!

Hey Serge, how'd you get Kosta to be a bathroom attendant? He did a great job!

:tongue:

tHAT WASNT A CLEAN NAPKIN THAT WAS MY CUM RAG AFTER I FINISHED BANGIN YOUR GIRLFRIEND, I THOUGHT YO[u WANTED A TROPHY FROM A CHAMP HAHAHAHA.

GOOD SEEING YOU RONNIE HOW WAS AC. IT BETTER HAVE BEEN WORTH IT.

Surf was off tha da'hook this past weekend.....one of the best times I've had there. Lopez did a great job :clap: :clap:

I wanted to say thank you to vip-tech/rest of the crew for entrance to the vip room at Surf. :D Not having to be pushed around in the crowd with plent of room to dance was such a treat.

Also to Serge...thanks for getting us in without having to wait on that line. You're the best!!!!:D

GOOD SEEING YOU RONNIE HOW WAS AC. IT BETTER HAVE BEEN WORTH IT.

Kosta,

Sorry we didn't get to Merge, I was drunk and I wanted to lose all my $$$$ as soon as possible and get into Casbah.

We had a great time, I even wound up at D'Jais Sunday for some drinks.

Get in touch with the crew and call me ASAP. I talked to Axel, Daryl, you and just left a message with Rafi

who is this jerkoff godisadj..................change your name punk cause your nothing but a negative scumbag who thinks he knows but he dont......................are you one of those miserable fucks that never has anything good to say...............try going out and having fun like the thousands of people surrounding you listening to these so called cheesy dj's................

Sorry my first post on your thread was hostile Serge!! I just cant stand these people sometimes with all they think they know!!!! I have a simple formula in life I like to follow................"Be happy"........

The party and music was great on sunday!!!@ tHE MUSIC WAS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!!

jersey is all pollitical.. there are other djs that should be in there before some of the names that are in there.. but whatever.. i dont call the shots.. doesnt matter who spins anyways.. the guest goes on at 9.. and the place clears out because people go home or go to tempts.. i wont waste my time or money going there.. maybe to go show peter b and mike m some support.. and mike bugout w/ fredico.. besides that the lineup doesnt is nothing special..

Originally posted by stiffler

Sorry my first post on your thread was hostile Serge!! I just cant stand these people sometimes with all they think they know!!!! I have a simple formula in life I like to follow................"Be happy"........

The party and music was great on sunday!!!@ tHE MUSIC WAS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!!

if you dont know, now you know!!!

Originally posted by muzikman

jersey is all pollitical.. there are other djs that should be in there before some of the names that are in there.. but whatever.. i dont call the shots.. doesnt matter who spins anyways.. the guest goes on at 9.. and the place clears out because people go home or go to tempts.. i wont waste my time or money going there.. maybe to go show peter b and mike m some support.. and mike bugout w/ fredico.. besides that the lineup doesnt is nothing special..

:aright:...god forbid the truth be told to some of these clowns

i dont know about the other two....but prime could R.I.S.

he's got the residencies to prove it....i dont think he has njguido or vip tech behind him either