Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Groovefire......

stymie

I had a great time, and I dont want to make the night sound like it sucked but management needs to get there shit together in that place. A hundred people or so (it altealst looked that way) showed up... good turnout for a sunday night. The place only had 2 bartenders serving.... 2 bartenders that sucked bigtime. Waiting 20 mins. for a drink was killing the vibe in there and taking way too many people away from the dancefloor. The dancers in that place were bangin... nice fake boobs. Music was great. HAHAHAHA... that tool Birdsie from FNX called them "club groovefire" over the pa. Management made them play rapture... so they say :laugh: . Worst part of the night - all of the sudden at 12:30 I hear someone announce "last call... last call". That sucked, and they closed at 1:30. That place has the potential to be a really cool place.... groovefire tore it up... all the shiity stuff that happened was managments fault. I would definately go back to see them spin there again.... not on a sunday night though.

Good time - bar closed WAY too early which sucked, but room was a pretty cool set-up. Groovefire's set was really good and the floor was packed the entire night - yup even when they played Rapture (Todd actually ran out of the dj booth when they put it on to negate himself of any responsibility) :laugh:

Well, the Foxwoods event, much like most events, did not play out entirely as anticipated. For one thing, the club was scheduled to close at 1am, not 4 as we were told. For another thing, they planned a steel drum band performance for 30 minutes before we took over the turntables. But after some negotiations and several drinks, everything fell into place, and it really ended up being an awesome night. Phil, Hoska and I worked better together at this than perhaps any night before, all the music just seamlessly flowing all night. Dancefloor rocked from our first to final record. Best of all, there were so many Boston and Providence people that made the trip down, it was great seeing you all, thank you for coming!

And yes, let me clarify the vicious rumor that we played Rapture. At about 12:30, the club’s general manager came up to Hoska to compliment the night. We were thrilled he was happy with us, particularly since we’re already booked for two more shows there. He then requested we play Rapture. Hoska delivered our standard response, “Oh, geez, I’m sorry, we didn’t bring that track with us tonight.” The manager responded by pulling (seemingly from thin air) a CD containing it. Floored by the impossibility of the situation, Hoska forcibly uttered, “Okay.” Next thing I knew…. “Now I lay my eyes on you….” The things we do to make management happy. ;)

All in all, the night was a blast. Afterhours at the hotel was pretty hilarious too.

Friday, July 11th, we do it again!!!

damn... wish I ended up going to the hotel rooms with u guys. Nice to meet u groovefire, and fester too. Hey todd at around 1:15-1:20 phil dropped some disco/funky house tune... ive heard him play it before. it had some repetitive vocal on it.... I wish I could describe it better. Banging song though... any idea what track im talking about???

Originally posted by groovefire

All in all, the night was a blast. Afterhours at the hotel was pretty hilarious too.

Friday, July 11th, we do it again!!!

:laugh: Todd almost got us all kicked out of the hotel room - he had Lasgo blaring on the clock radio (with the entire room singing along of course).

Looking forward to partying there on a Friday night :D

Is rapture really that bad?

Haha… I did see Todd go running from the booth when it played though.

Nice meeting those of you that I did meet :)

The set was great… especially at the end of the night… too bad those management fuckers cut you short.

Yeah I forgot that the bar would be closing at 1 that night too. That really sucked, Hopefully next time you can actually go till 4 am

I had a blast sunday night. I got to meet Stymie and Copachic, and G looked quite smokin' :woah:. Groovefire did a great job, the steel drum band however, did not:shaky:. All I remember was there being a good dance floor that went from like 50 people to 2 in a matter of seconds when they started playing:laugh:. After their first set, the leader of the band shouted out "who wants to hear some reggae?", which we of course responded with "we want to hear Groovefire!". The rest of the night was great, and the hotel party was hillarious. We left at like 3 or 4, and I went home and :peeright:on my girlfriend:laugh: (you kind of had to be there for that one;) )

Originally posted by unclefester401

I had a blast sunday night. I got to meet Stymie and Copachic, and G looked quite smokin' :woah:. Groovefire did a great job, the steel drum band however, did not:shaky:. All I remember was there being a good dance floor that went from like 50 people to 2 in a matter of seconds when they started playing:laugh:. After their first set, the leader of the band shouted out "who wants to hear some reggae?", which we of course responded with "we want to hear Groovefire!". The rest of the night was great, and the hotel party was hillarious. We left at like 3 or 4, and I went home and :peeright:on my girlfriend:laugh: (you kind of had to be there for that one;) )

Big kiss for fester! :D

And omg I swear I almost pissed MYSELF laughing at that story!! :laugh: :laugh: