Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CODE @ NATION presents MAURO PICOTTO THIS FRIDAY!!!!!!!

codelogo2.jpg

Code @ Nation Presents

MAURO PICOTTO 5.30

(meganite)

Mauro.jpg

Mauro is a contemporary music icon. Mauro's productions have stormed the national charts in most of the western world and re-mixed everybody from Josh Wink to U2. Mauro Picotto delivered one the defining dance album of 2002 with 'The Others' album selling 15000 copies in the first month of release in the UK alone. Mauro Picotto has also delivered multi-selling compilation albums across the globe (most notably the 50,000 selling Metamorphose techno compilation in Germany, an impressive figure as there was almost no marketing spend whatsoever just word-of-mouth...).

Mauro's debut artist album, "The Others", was released on the 4th March 2002 and contains no fillers and is true to Mauro's reputation as an uncompromising producer and DJ. The album is banging from start to finish and is just what the doctor ordered!

December 2002 saw Mauro leave BXR. A global DJ schedule meant little time to concentrate on the quality of productions. His change in musical direction cemented this decision and has now launched his new project Meganite. Meganite will be launching two new labels tao_tek and alchemy distributed through the mighty Prime. Mauro has also changed his DJ style preferring the pounding grooves of tech house however he was keen to state "I am not a Techno DJ nor a Trance DJ nor a house DJ, I’m just a DJ, I play music I like and think that can change the atmosphere in a club. I wish people would be more open minded sometimes, after all there's only two types of music...good or bad!"

photo01.jpg

Mauro's Djing schedule is crazy with him being on more planes than the two long haul pilots and playing in front of the biggest crowds on this planet. Mauro is selective as to where he plays and performs at the best clubs and events in the world. This summer alone will see Mauro host meganite parties in Miami, New York, Montreal, Amsterdam, London, Glasgow and Dublin with future launch parties at Los Angeles, Chicago and Tokyo. Add normal guest appearances in locations of every continent in the world and it's safe to say his Gold air miles cards will be full to bursting!

For more information on reduced admission for this event go to http://www.CodeDC.com

For all Press inquires please contact Lainie Copicotto at lainie@aureliaentertainment.com or 212.219.3060 ext 3013.

Originally posted by Kuro

Jambi's also spinning at Destination on Saturday and I think next Saturday, too. Fucker's busy.

this saturday - metatrack take over in the lounge. bob's gonna be spinning, too.

next saturday - jambi and zelda in the main room. :D