Charleston, SC

Guest jroo

Guest jroo
Originally posted by MadamMillie

i think i've been there before

if it's the same place i'm thinking of, they have great saltwater taffy

that settles it!!!

Guest jroo

its a possibility, i dont know. i have to find out more about it, and how much they're gonna offer me. i reallly dont wnat to go there, but i want to move to the beach, and i want a job, and this place has both for me. who knows.

Originally posted by jroo

its a possibility, i dont know. i have to find out more about it, and how much they're gonna offer me. i reallly dont wnat to go there, but i want to move to the beach, and i want a job, and this place has both for me. who knows.

You better make it up to NYC before you go fucker!!!! :D :D

Heres the deal on Charleston.

Its a great small city. The nightlife is pretty non exsistent when it comes to any real music. There used to be a couple cheese clubs there that were fun not sure if they are anymore. If you love the beach then its a great place. They a couple small clubs that do live music only that get some great talent. Myrtle Beach is like 1hr away so if you like golf you are set.

Jroo is it a govt contracting job?

I have actually been looking for a job there.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by oldschoolny

Heres the deal on Charleston.

Its a great small city. The nightlife is pretty non exsistent when it comes to any real music. There used to be a couple cheese clubs there that were fun not sure if they are anymore. If you love the beach then its a great place. They a couple small clubs that do live music only that get some great talent. Myrtle Beach is like 1hr away so if you like golf you are set.

Jroo is it a govt contracting job?

I have actually been looking for a job there.

yeah, it is. tech work. they have a lot of openings for engineers. the customer here is driving me insane!!!!!!! i either leave or i kill him. i applied to GMU though, so if i get rejected then im out of here. if i get in then i'll stick around. that sucks that they're arent any clubs down there. what do you do oldschool?

yeah, it is. tech work. they have a lot of openings for engineers. the customer here is driving me insane!!!!!!! i either leave or i kill him. i applied to GMU though, so if i get rejected then im out of here. if i get in then i'll stick around. that sucks that they're arent any clubs down there. what do you do oldschool?

cant you just find another job here :confused:

Guest jroo
Originally posted by vicman

cant you just find another job here :confused:

im sure i could, but i dont want to live here. if i do i'll have to move inside of the beltway, or dc even. the traffic here is fucking killing me. my quality of life is zero living in woodbridge. im not happy owning a townhouse. its nice on the inside and even has a nice patio, but i just want more. a back yard, a german shepard. the traffic around here isnt worth coming home to woodbridge and doing nothing all fucking day. my roommates are slobs and if i didnt need the money i would kick them out. i just have a lot going on right now. i dont know. i'll miss everyone, hell, its not even certain that im going.

if i was to stay in this area i would still need to move.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by hotcheme

charleston is very southern. if you like that, then go. i could never live that far from a major city.

well, rednecks piss me off, and i do want a major city and a beach and i'd be happy, maybe i'll go further south, tampa bay or something. i dont know

im sure i could, but i dont want to live here. if i do i'll have to move inside of the beltway, or dc even. the traffic here is fucking killing me. my quality of life is zero living in woodbridge. im not happy owning a townhouse. its nice on the inside and even has a nice patio, but i just want more. a back yard, a german shepard. the traffic around here isnt worth coming home to woodbridge and doing nothing all fucking day. my roommates are slobs and if i didnt need the money i would kick them out. i just have a lot going on right now. i dont know. i'll miss everyone, hell, its not even certain that im going.

if i was to stay in this area i would still need to move.

granted woodbridge sucks ass. i like it up here in Silver Springs, maybe there are opening up this way, i dunno what type of engineering work you do though.

well, rednecks piss me off, and i do want a major city and a beach and i'd be happy, maybe i'll go further south, tampa bay or something. i dont know

i like tampa. cheap university, good engineering program at USF, the Buc's play there, you got beaches in Clearwater, sunny, Orlando is a 1 hr drive, low taxes, Miami is a 4 hr drive. i'd pick Tampa in a heartbeat over South Carolina.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by vicman

let me just emphasize that the

SUPER BOWL CHAMPS

TAMPA BAY BUCANEERS

play there.

:D

i deal with electro-optics, night vision, thermal imagers, all that type of shit. i work with helicopters and airplanes, i can do everything electronic like sending and receiving the images, controlling the camera remotely. all that shit.

i still like the giants and always will.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by sauvee88

There is also a large military presense in and around the Tampa area. Bunch of corporations down there Rayethon and some others - you should check that out. I'll come and visit!!

i checked out raytheon last night, i'll do some more checking. :) come visit whenever you want. i was just talking to my buddy in richmond and here's what im gonna do after i get another job. im gonna call a meeting with everyone tell them what i really think, on way this place is ran all fucked up and such and call my boss a dumbass. then i"m gonna take a page out of half baked's book. and point and say "fuck you, fuck you, fuck you , you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!!" word b.

\

go to hawaii. you can't get much farther south than that, plus it has a beach or two and not too many rednecks. But the locals can sometimes be worse than rednecks.

i checked out raytheon last night, i'll do some more checking. :) come visit whenever you want. i was just talking to my buddy in richmond and here's what im gonna do after i get another job. im gonna call a meeting with everyone tell them what i really think, on way this place is ran all fucked up and such and call my boss a dumbass. then i"m gonna take a page out of half baked's book. and point and say "fuck you, fuck you, fuck you , you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!!" word b.

Yes, because burning bridges is always a good idea. :rolleyes: