Clubplanet Nightlife Community

just test drove a TT 225, 6spd

joeg

:jawdrop:

i'm sold...

theres no replacing my dsm, but this is definately going to be better....

its so much smaller and better handling than my dsm was... and it just rips through the gears... how the fuck did i ever put up with a T25....

Originally posted by barslut

Get some anal lube for when you have to go to the dealer when something breaks.

bumper to bumper till 2005... then some other warranty....

and the woman said that they overlook chips and most mods...

Eric N:

"Brilliant" Black 225 coupe, 6spd, black leather interior, antenna imbedded in the rear glass (not on the roof)... completely loaded...

they have a "raven" black i'm testing on saturday... but that looks charcoal grey...

Eric C: It handles the hell out of my big ol eclipse... that thing had the turning radius of a truck...

Def a sick ride by why so much loot? Close to 40K for a souped up beetle j/k.. I mean to each his own but for 40k + what ever you are going to put in to it and the possible bending over a barrel episodes at the dealer if anything goes wrong.. For 225hp why not the WRX for 26k or a EVOLUTION FOR 28K?

the evo is like 31... the sti is like 33 (and sold out)....

true a wrx is cheaper... but i'm not really a 4-door fan...

a 2k1 tt has a book value of 25, although everyone's trying to pass them off for 29?

i'm expecting to pay 26/27...

audi only has good financing for 2 year loans (1.9%), though... the 5year is like 5.9%....

I dunno man. Ride in a WRX and you'll enjoy it a lot more than you'd think.

Give the EVO and STi some time and you'll be able to get ahold of them for much less than they're asking now. Always the initial rush and high demand.

I've autoX'ed a TT before and honestly... it felt like a brick.

It's a beetle style chassis, which is noted for its unwillingness to want to rotate. Couple that with the stupid AWD system that seems to LOVE understeer and you have a coupe that feels a lot longer than it is.

Maybe that's why i couldn't stop clobbering cones.

my other concern is build quality. VW isn't exactly the best when it comes to things that work right the first time and then stay working forever. I can't begin to count how many friends and relatives have had VW's or Audis in the shop for one little thing or another. [or even major work].

Compare that to my 150k mile Toyota, and I thank God I bought Japanese ;) Coz the car spends more time on the road than in the shop, even at this mileage level.

To each their own and if you really like the TT, go ahead and get it if it'll make you happy...

just realize that there's a dark side to owning an Audi sometimes, esp. if you play with things under the hood.

Audi is NOT an enthusiast-friendly company.

yeah... i mean, its not the ideal situation... but given i need a car ASAP, I can't wait for the STI to come down in price... i really enjoyed it, and luxury is something i'm not used to in a car...

my sister has a close friend who works at a local audi dealership and takes care of all her (car) needs, so i don't think it'll be too big an issue if i bring it to him with mods...

i really hate 4-doors, and i never (personally) liked the wrx or evo styling (not that its bad, its just not my thing)... this thing is practically a 2-seater, which is what i want... i don't really have to do much to it aesthetically... so sans a nice system, most of my money will go into performance...

i never liked warranties, but the idea of them fixing everything for the next 2 years sounds kinda nice...

i mean, i can sit and cry about how i wish i still had my dsm and all that, but nothings going to un-break it... so given the circumstances i'm dealt, this is by FAR the best option for my needs/wants...

and i'm hoping to prove that just because you drive an audi, doesn't mean you have to drive it like a pussy.... :tongue:

it runs 14.7 stock... after seeing the IC piping, the exhaust (my god is it awful), and the weight of the wheels (30lbs for 6spoke, 25lbs for 5spoke :eek: )... i don't think its going to be hard to bring that number down...

it already outhandles my dsm in its sleep (i didn't have hardly any suspension mods on my dsm)

Originally posted by cintron

just be sure to sell off some of your DSM parts if possible ;)

and oh wait

you have a set of rims available now don't you ;)

yeah... i'm hoping to trade em for basically the same thing w/ the 5x100 pattern...

basically anything 17x7.5 @16lbs...

I liked the TT a few years ago. I've yet to drive one but I guess my time will come shortly... won't it joe!

First thing first... walk into your dealership and march up to the service manager. Ask him straight and simple... "Will the following mods void my warranty?" Ask him what his policy is. If something non-aftermarket breaks make sure he will take care of it.

I've read a little on modding those little 1.8s, but just be careful. Audi parts are DAMN expensive. The car has been out long enough to hand enough aftermarket support. A4s have tons of support so the TT should have a decent amount. The suspension on your old "Eclipse" just plain sucked. I'm positive my Eclipse or Eric's MR2 will outhandle the TT. But then again you've never been on a closed course.... SOON! I drove the 2.8 A4 5 spd and loved it! VERY smooth and fun to drive. But that was a few years ago and my habits have changed. A plush leather luxurious interior is always nice.

Let me know what you decide to do.. gluck! If you are buying used keep your eyes open... $26k can get you a LOT of nice sports cars, NOT "sporty" cars.

btw..

it is ILLEGAL for them to void your ENTIRE warranty simply because of the presence of aftermarket parts.

They would have to PROVE that the parts installed are directly responsible for any warranty-related work. So someone saying "your rear diff. blew because you installed an air intake" is full of shit and should have a lawsuit shoved up their ass.

[esp since turbo cars can easily gain 10hp from summer to winter with air temps].

if they tell you straight off that "yes, your warranty will be voided", i'd march out and look for another car. Talk to marko if you have any doubts.

damn i'm glad i have a 13 year old car. OBDI and no drama.

i'm not concerned with the warranty thing...

she said they see a lot of chipped cars and overlook it... and mods in general aren't a problem...

i figured the chipped ecu would be the biggest problem...

also, my sister's friend works at a local dealership, so if theres any hassle, he'll just take care of it...

Originally posted by jroo

forget that, for the money test drive a wrx sti.

wrx sti: 33k, hard to get a hold of... (my local dealers were sold out)

2001 audi tt: 25-26k... plenty of availability...

plus, i don't like 4-doors...

i'd love the 2.5T as opposed to 1.8T, but i can't do those monthly payments... and i really don't care for the styling...

when i'm done modding, it won't make much of a difference....