Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why didnt tiesto ever spin @ twilo

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

twilo didn't bring in much of the very commercial dj's.. the most commercial dj i'd say they ever had was pvd.. and he started spinning there before he got huge like he is today.. s&d also weren't quite as commerical then, especially not when they started.. but tiesto is like an international louie devito, and twilo wasn't really into bringing those kind of dj's..

Originally posted by PFloyd40

twilo didn't bring in much of the very commercial dj's.. the most commercial dj i'd say they ever had was pvd.. and he started spinning there before he got huge like he is today.. s&d also weren't quite as commerical then, especially not when they started.. but tiesto is like an international louie devito, and twilo wasn't really into bringing those kind of dj's..

coxy to no ?:confused:

Originally posted by sandman1130

Cox def spun there about 3 times and each of those nights i was there and the best one out of them all was presidents day with a tag team with danny t.

he was there more than 3 times. he hosted ultimate b.a.s.e. parties monthly (bi-monthly? i forget) from 98-99.

it isnt a joke do some reasearch then you will see. Webs friday use to cater to TRANCE: WARP BROS, TALLA2XL,TIESTO, AQUAGEN, and some other people. Anyway he sucked when he was there and at that point i kindaliked trance. Thankfully when rick decided to stop playing trance an only house things got better on SATS andnow FRIDAYS.

Originally posted by dialectics

tiesto was about to start his residency @ twilo when it shut down.

naa.. he was playing the gatecrasher party... twilo had no room for anther resident.. they already had s&d once a month, leaving them 3 other fridays.. deep dish was doign bi-monthly, so were pvd, and cox.. on the other nites they were bringin in guys like warren, sander, dave seaman, lawler, hawtin... and considering hawtin, seaman, and lawler were also there every 2 or 3 months there basically was no time for tiesto.. this was also discussed on the twilo board back in the day and as i recall they said they never has any intention on bringin him in..

as far as tiesto being like devito, i'll stand by my comment.. can't get much more commercial then him..

Originally posted by ynnej

was he ever there, i dont remenber:confused:

tiesto SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I don't understand how ppl worship all of these super-djs with brutal taste in music, and i dont know how anyone could listen to that bullshit euro-trash shit.

naa.. he was playing the gatecrasher party... twilo had no room for anther resident.. they already had s&d once a month, leaving them 3 other fridays.. deep dish was doign bi-monthly, so were pvd, and cox.. on the other nites they were bringin in guys like warren, sander, dave seaman, lawler, hawtin... and considering hawtin, seaman, and lawler were also there every 2 or 3 months there basically was no time for tiesto.. this was also discussed on the twilo board back in the day and as i recall they said they never has any intention on bringin him in..

as far as tiesto being like devito, i'll stand by my comment.. can't get much more commercial then him..

And didn't Sven Vath have a monthly residency?

Sven Vath and his Cocoon parties *which were DOPEEEE...they had that INSANE green lazer* were i believe a quarterly party (every 3 months)

I do believe that Tiesto played at Webstar Hall back in the day...

his first major gig in NYC where he got a big following was at the Gatecrasher party in March of 2001 at Limelight. That night he made a lot of converts...

As far as I know Tiesto was never booked or even discussed to play at Twilo.

ahhh and Kitty you brought back the ill memories...

Carl Cox Ultimate B.A.S.E. nightes were the best back in 98/99...they are what reintroduced me to the scene

:D

naa.. he was playing the gatecrasher party...

hahaha i didn't mean the night twilo got shut down... oh well anyway i got that info from an interview of his in mixmag. but then again once in mixmag he said that suzanne palmer was the lead singer of kosheen... so you never know what he fucked up.

RT