Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why didnt tiesto ever spin @ twilo

Originally posted by az-tec

Sven Vath and his Cocoon parties *which were DOPEEEE...they had that INSANE green lazer* were i believe a quarterly party (every 3 months)

I do believe that Tiesto played at Webstar Hall back in the day...

his first major gig in NYC where he got a big following was at the Gatecrasher party in March of 2001 at Limelight. That night he made a lot of converts...

As far as I know Tiesto was never booked or even discussed to play at Twilo.

ahhh and Kitty you brought back the ill memories...

Carl Cox Ultimate B.A.S.E. nightes were the best back in 98/99...they are what reintroduced me to the scene

:D

That was a wild night at Limelight, with Vicious coming on at the end for a 1hr encore...

That was the night right after House 101 right?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sven Vath and his Cocoon parties *which were DOPEEEE...they had that INSANE green lazer* were i believe a quarterly party (every 3 months)

his first major gig in NYC where he got a big following was at the Gatecrasher party in March of 2001 at Limelight. That night he made a lot of converts...

Carl Cox Ultimate B.A.S.E. nightes were the best back in 98/99...they are what reintroduced me to the scene

That was a wild night at Limelight, with Vicious coming on at the end for a 1hr encore...

Someone said that Tiesto isn't commerical, cuz you wouldn't hear his music on KTU...

There is a place in the world called Europe where hip-hop hardly exists and people wear belts and jeans that fit.

It is a place where dance music dominates the radio and the music scene... so yes, Tiesto is on the commerical side.

And your would never hear 90% of the dance records on KTU in the UK. You would never hear the records the Riddler, or Louie DeVito play either... maybe Skribble a bit.

The line between underground and commercial on European radio is the line between commercial and cheese (as you would call it) in America.

Pete Tong is not playing any Bryan Adams remixes, I can assure you of that!!!

ON HIS BEST DAY.... Tiesto would never have been as good as the PvD one year anniversary @ Twilo. Or the Coxy/Tenaglia night there as well.

Originally posted by bassboy

yup!

that was the night...

Tiesto decided to leave early, at 6am the place was still packed but he didnt want to play anymore so he just put on a cd and left.

noone realized for like 10 minutes that it was a cd playing, and then Johnny was like fuck this, i got my records in my car. So he ran out and grabbed his bag and came in and spun for an hour.

The crowd had no clue it was Johnny Vicious and i still think it was the best hour of music I ever heard from Johnny.

and yes that was the day after after House 101, the very first party ever thrown by Urban Promotions (Myself and Steve)

you got a good memory :cool:

Originally posted by beatfix

Someone said that Tiesto isn't commerical, cuz you wouldn't hear his music on KTU...

There is a place in the world called Europe where hip-hop hardly exists and people wear belts and jeans that fit.

It is a place where dance music dominates the radio and the music scene... so yes, Tiesto is on the commerical side.

And your would never hear 90% of the dance records on KTU in the UK. You would never hear the records the Riddler, or Louie DeVito play either... maybe Skribble a bit.

The line between underground and commercial on European radio is the line between commercial and cheese (as you would call it) in America.

Pete Tong is not playing any Bryan Adams remixes, I can assure you of that!!!

ON HIS BEST DAY.... Tiesto would never have been as good as the PvD one year anniversary @ Twilo. Or the Coxy/Tenaglia night there as well.

go back to kansas, you dont know what the fuck yur talkin about.

To my knowledge Limelight was the first gig he played in NYC, i dont think he played at Webster Hall @ ALL!

U might be confusing him with tsettos, a lot of people do that shit

I mean listen thats my knowledge, and i feel like i would know if he played at Webster Hall, I like him way before he was @ limelight and i dont think he played at webster hall

Tiesto NEVER played at Webster Hall ever in his career. Silverbull I remember you. You are that lameass that claims WH is the heaven of clubs and loves his Silver "ice" or whatever. You got played out on some other message-boards. NEXT! :laugh:

Originally posted by sandman1130

Cox def spun there about 3 times and each of those nights i was there and the best one out of them all was presidents day with a tag team with danny t.

That was actually my first twilo experience and my last. Thank god i was in instant messenger that day, or else i would have NEVER been able to experience twilo. I was just sitting on the comp while having instant messenger on and all of a sudden my friend from VA said" hey want to hit up twilo? I have lots of money and redbull. We should go!" Of course I couldnt refuse!

Originally posted by djinnom

go back to kansas, you dont know what the fuck yur talkin about.

To the cocky, ignorant djinnom.... it's an expression, DUH!

"Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore" ever seen the Wizard of Oz?That's where it came from

I am actually from Australia (on tour with an Aussie DJ), but you were too busy, not knowing what the fuck you were talking about. Too busy wanking Tiesto's dutch dick.

Anyone who went to PvD 1 yr. or the Danny/ Coxy Night knows... I'll just let you listen to all your Louie DeVito CD's and remain in the dark...

BeatFix (SYDNEY)... idiot!

in reference to the hole tiesto at limelight, he had to catch a plane at 7 so he bounced at 6 his last song of the night was silence, the lights when on and the night was over, then bout 10 minutes later JV jump on the set and blew things up, tiesto never left a cd going and bounced.

Yeah but what's with these DJ's timing their travel so close to their spinning that it affects it?

They need to be more dedicated, and if they have to wait in an airport like everybody else for a few hours then whooopdeedooo.

Originally posted by ynnej

in reference to the hole tiesto at limelight, he had to catch a plane at 7 so he bounced at 6 his last song of the night was silence, the lights when on and the night was over, then bout 10 minutes later JV jump on the set and blew things up, tiesto never left a cd going and bounced.

I wasnt sure about why he had to leave at 6...thanks for the clarification.

But yes he DID put a cd on... I went into the booth about 5 minutes after he left to see what was goin on(I was working at Limelight at the time), and it was a cd playing.

At that point I looked over at Johnny and him and Scott Bond were asking the manager if Johnny could jump on the decks, which obviously everyone in the booth encouraged. He then proceeded to rip the place apaaart! Still remember it was the first time anyone had heard Johnnys Dido remix, me, Mike Macaluso, Eddie McDonald and Scott Bond goin nuts in the booth...drinking Tequila and RedBull as well...lol

Johnny Vicious, is he taking a break or something from spinning? i remember hearing he wanted to focus on producing these days.

is this true? damn, i haven't heard him spin since his residency at the Tunnel... !! :( he's a great hometown DJ..

Hey dude read my responses i never said WEBSTERHALL was the HEAVEN of clubs big mistake. I personally hate the crowd at websterhall i only like the music. And as far as the other board goes yeah i was a part ofit until reading so many posts from 18yr old and youngetr askin about no id night. At least people here no a lot more and are more intereting. Um about denny tsettos i like denny and have heard him spin b4 at the world, i wasnt confusin him with tiesto.

Some of these replys must be the stupidest things i have ever heard. Tiestos essential mixes have no commercial songs in there at all. And yes tiesto has never spun at webster hall he did limelight once (which i heard was a sick party) exit twice and the roxy. He is the only dj to ever do a solo 25,000 people concert. If louie devito did a 25,000 person concert i think hed have a heart attack b4 he was about to go on stage. And what exactly does make a dj commercial because in all the years of clubbing i still havent figured out what that means. Is it a dj who produces and remixes great songs and has a strong following and people talk about his tracks so he spins them? Example flight 643, lethal industry, suburban train, etc... please some1 let me know.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: whoever compares tiesto to louie devito SHOULD BE SHOT:blown: :blown: :blown: tiesto never spun at webster hall, gay ass club, yes he spun at limelight, was there, banging party that was actually one of his first gig in the us.......so, please do me a favor and a favor to yourselves...before you start bullshiting about tiesto...make sure you know the FACTS:D THANK YOU

Originally posted by indigonyc

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: whoever compares tiesto to louie devito SHOULD BE SHOT:blown: :blown: :blown: tiesto never spun at webster hall, gay ass club, yes he spun at limelight, was there, banging party that was actually one of his first gig in the us.......so, please do me a favor and a favor to yourselves...before you start bullshiting about tiesto...make sure you know the FACTS:D THANK YOU

amen to that

Originally posted by beatfix

To the cocky, ignorant djinnom.... it's an expression, DUH!

"Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore" ever seen the Wizard of Oz?That's where it came from

I am actually from Australia (on tour with an Aussie DJ), but you were too busy, not knowing what the fuck you were talking about. Too busy wanking Tiesto's dutch dick.

Anyone who went to PvD 1 yr. or the Danny/ Coxy Night knows... I'll just let you listen to all your Louie DeVito CD's and remain in the dark...

BeatFix (SYDNEY)... idiot!

First off, I was being a smartass when I said to go back to Kansas. Do they not know sarcasm in the land down under? So before you start barking up the wrong tree again, go get a fucking clue before you spew more sewage from your "holier than thou" piehole.

As for PvD, I havent missed a live set in my area in the last 3 years. My musical tastes are long and broad, much like the dick that's in your ass right about now. I can appreciate music for what it is and what it does to ppl even if it doesn't jive with me. So take your finger pointin', mass labeling, prejudiced piece of kangaroo humping ass elsewhere.

And before you start labelling an underground DJ as "commercial", maybe you should consider that a DJ like Tiesto or even Oakenfold for that matter do not belong in the same category as the fucking Spice Girls.

Or maybe your definition of "underground" is travelling with your bunk Aussie DJ getting paid shit to spin to a crowd of all but 5 ppl.

Originally posted by slyonspromos

Example flight 643, lethal industry, suburban train, etc...

all pure crap imo..

and he is commercial.. get over it.. he plays music for the masses.. a watered down version of electronic music that is easier for a broader range of people to enjoy..