Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the club scene

andrewthomas

is it me or is it getting boring??

everywhere u go the same djs

all the clubs book the same artists and refuse to bring in new and exciting talent.

all the clubs here wanna compete instead of working together to make a better and stronger scene..

they wanna out smart ,out whitt,out buy and even steal employees from eachother..

all i know is guyman is right

im starting my revolution.. whos down with me

Guest saleen351

brother i told ya, you find a venue thats willing to let some nyc and nj guys run the show, and bam! the hype and energy will be back....

I got all my guys and deals in place, just need a club to think outside the box...........

So if you are a club, that wants to do something different, hit AT up... He knows his shiz nit!

Hey dick ,what happened to you throwing partys, thats the only way to go, I have the 16th St Lounge Saturdays and Sundays, and in the works trying to get Rumi on wednesdays. Would love to get some of the djs from metromix down here and have a jam.

Also gonna try to get Code, but they may be sticking with the whole rap format everynight, get in touch with me the 2 of ya.

i dont mean just NY and NJ djs

with my ideas ,contacts and experiance nothing is out of reach..

sad that clubs front run and dont recognize potential when its in front of them..

as for my case i DONT need any club.

honestly all i need is a sponsor or an investor cause i dont really have any money to put towards a party.

if i did i can gauruntee that this scene would atleast have one solid strong REAL weekly party devoted to clubbers and the music.

Originally posted by djdekan

Hey dick ,what happened to you throwing partys, thats the only way to go, I have the 16th St Lounge Saturdays and Sundays, and in the works trying to get Rumi on wednesdays. Would love to get some of the djs from metromix down here and have a jam.

Also gonna try to get Code, but they may be sticking with the whole rap format everynight, get in touch with me the 2 of ya.

Not for nothing, but Rumi and Code are sub-standard at best...not really designed for the music you'd be dropping. Rumi recently had a renovation and tuning from the Infinite boys so it sounds great now, but the venue itself isn't all the great...

Personally, try to snag Lime Bar on a weeknight...

pod once again i have to dissagree

its not the venue

its the vibe u bring and create

if rumi had a good party ide be all up in there

if iguana cafe had a good party ide be in there

so once again u can have a million $$ club with a shitty vibe or a hole in the wall with a sick one

u decide

the club scene is a little "dull" rite now, but what I do like is how the music now is going back to the early elements of house. A lot of the sick house tracks that are out now could almost pass as old school tracks (well not entirely)

as far as the scene goes, i dont fucking care. i just like good music, and having a good time with all my friends when we go out. HOUSE IS DA GREATEST!

Originally posted by andrewthomas

pod once again i have to dissagree

its not the venue

its the vibe u bring and create

if rumi had a good party ide be all up in there

if iguana cafe had a good party ide be in there

so once again u can have a million $$ club with a shitty vibe or a hole in the wall with a sick one

u decide

True enough, but I'm picky about such things. I hightly doubt trance would "work" in a place like Rumi. Trance needs lasers, lights, and smoke...unless Dekan is doing an about face and dropping deep house or something...I'd suggest still that he pursue other venues aside from Rumi or Code...code ain't gonna go for it anyway, they don't do non-hiphop events.

Guest saleen351

we werent talkin about trance

we all know trance just suxxx

but any other type of music this theory works

techno won't work at rumi:idea:

it's not old, it's just that the city has been dominated by 1 club for about 3 years and it's gonna be awile before another club can even compare! there are great clubs on the beach but nothing compares to a 24 hr liquor license. until than? :confused:

Why does everyone think I spin Trance, Im not fucking stupid im in this to throw great partys.

Im in touch with Dave Dressden to Possibily spin at Rumi, which I think would be a great Party and do well and gonna have a full blown trance party soon with maybe Victor Dinaire from Arc.

I have some money and investors... Im out to throw partys and stay away from the big clubs down here were the majority of people dont know a fucking thing about music.

Saturdays at 16, trying to do a local thing with local djs, and we havent spun full blown trance, more of a G&D/Oakie thing from me along with 80's Remixes and Rock Remixes on Sundays.

is it me or is it getting boring??

everywhere u go the same djs

all the clubs book the same artists and refuse to bring in new and exciting talent.

all the clubs here wanna compete instead of working together to make a better and stronger scene..

they wanna out smart ,out whitt,out buy and even steal employees from eachother..

all i know is guyman is right

im starting my revolution.. whos down with me

I'm down. Good to see renewed energies for our scene.:)