Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm offcialy calling for the HNIC at 93.1 to step down!

Guest saleen351

Nick, why do you care about what 93.1 plays anyway? It's not geared for you and me, it's geared for the masses, who maybe go out once or twice a month or so...

You wanna hear your tracks, play a CD! :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

Nick, why do you care about what 93.1 plays anyway? It's not geared for you and me, it's geared for the masses, who maybe go out once or twice a month or so...

You wanna hear your tracks, play a CD! :)

because i have many friends who produce tracks and they won't get played simply from politics... Tiesto can show up with a piece of shit vox and they will play it all day then blow him on his way out, yet when quality lesser known guys turn out sick tunes you won't hear them.. Why? My boys did some tracks on every major cd compliation, yet 93.1 won't touch it... Pisses me off, and plus i know if the radio did some really good sets, people would come back to the scene... Right now the only thing the entire club music industry is waiting and praying on is puffy and his full club cd... If it fails, the industry is in real trouble... Then i'm gonna have walk with a limp, get a gat and listen to hip hop...:(

M&M and dre are the only reasons the record companies didn't fold last year... Or at least thats what MTV said.

also radio does what cds cant' do, play new shit and its random.. I don't label any of my cds for that reason, but as soon as I hear one track i know whats on the rest of the cd... also cd players chew up batteries on the beach....

yea how about we not list any tracks for 93.1 to play....

if they did by chance ever make it into there 12 song playlist it would ruin the songs...playing the same ones over and over is just plain murder....

anyways its better to just say "fawk u" to 93.1 and either pop cds in or if ya really wanna be cool get a kenwood keg....20gb hardrive to play all ur lastest fav mp3s anytime u want....when u want....

just my 2 cents though....

Shoucast can play new shit and at random. Tell your producer friends to try hitting up some of the bigger shoutcast channels, or XM. You're not gonna get new stuff out via traditional radio anymore.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

Shoucast can play new shit and at random. Tell your producer friends to try hitting up some of the bigger shoutcast channels, or XM. You're not gonna get new stuff out via traditional radio anymore.

i've found out, producers don't go out and push their music.. they let the music speak for itself...

now cablevision is going after mtv and letting people choose the videos.. and its working... 93.1 won't be around much longer.. thats the facts.... if i listen at home its always nightclub city or metro mix....

now cablevision is going after mtv and letting people choose the videos.. and its working... 93.1 won't be around much longer.. thats the facts.... if i listen at home its always nightclub city or metro mix....

Nick, It's been done before...The Box. As soon as you let people call in and program the music themselves, all you'll hear is Hip-Hop.

i've found out, producers don't go out and push their music.. they let the music speak for itself...

Not true! Many producers do actively "push" their music to radio stations. Many have labels who do it for them. The problem with Dance music people is that they, for the most part, want to stay underground. Most DJs will stop playing a track they love as soon as they've heard it on the radio. As if playing a song on the radio somehow diminishes it's value. Then they will complain that nobody is buying their album.

I would love to see the playlist at 93.1 expanded and made to include some of what you've mentioned...but it will take time. I know Phil Michaels, (93.1 Program Director), is a dedicated professional who wants the station to be the best it can be. I also know that he is open to new ideas as long as they come to him with respect.

And Saleen...I know the people involved...I have spent time with them at the station...and I have seen first hand how they do what they do...SO I HAVE A CLUE. You, on the other hand are only sitting at home making assumptions and whining...who's really clueless?

Originally posted by ogmiami

I would love to see the playlist at 93.1 expanded and made to include some of what you've mentioned...but it will take time. I know Phil Michaels, (93.1 Program Director), is a dedicated professional who wants the station to be the best it can be. I also know that he is open to new ideas as long as they come to him with respect.

I've emailed him several times and he has said he would get stuff into rotation yet i've never seen anything. Look I have to listen to it cause my tape deck in my car is broken so for the few short moments I'm in the car I would like to enjoy whats on the radio. Would it kill them to have a guest dj's ? Hell I can't mix records, but I could lay down some records every week that I think are cool for the radio. Who knows maybe it would catch on. Just an idea.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by ogmiami

Nexusgroove, your anti-drama banner needs a little proof reading..too many typos.

good luck with the party...;)

Originally posted by pod

get a cd player you cheap bastard! :laugh:

for my car? please .. i dont think make cd players for cars that old.

my first car had an 8track player it was cool. I had the beegee's / kiss / and some other rock n roll madness :)

• 4 weeks later...