Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pre-party tonight

crank47

Shit! I've been away from my computer (hey, it's a sunny day and I wanted to spend it driving the Audi :D ). Teriaki and I are trying to combine the party (silly we didn't think of this before, damn that crack). More info to follow.

Originally posted by crank47

Shit! I've been away from my computer (hey, it's a sunny day and I wanted to spend it driving the Audi :D ). Teriaki and I are trying to combine the party (silly we didn't think of this before, damn that crack). More info to follow.

what kind of Audi did you get?

A4 3.0 Quattro.

nice, I have the 2000 2.8 quattro, but am thinking of getting a 2000 S4 by end of summer. Is it 5 speed? Is it fast? Mine is quick but it's not fast. They're solid cars, amazing in the snow, like a rally car, I had so much fun during the storms......

Well, I'm heading out now but I'll check the board again when I get home. I guess if you guys decide not to have it at Teriakis, we can always meet at Nations (he sent me directions to his place, just in case you do decide to have it there).

Later peeps...

Originally posted by pgiddy

nice, I have the 2000 2.8 quattro, but am thinking of getting a 2000 S4 by end of summer. Is it 5 speed? Is it fast? Mine is quick but it's not fast. They're solid cars, amazing in the snow, like a rally car, I had so much fun during the storms......

It was a tough choice between the 6-speed and 5 speed tip (auto). I went with the tip, due to the DC traffic and I'm generally glad I did since whenever I go out in the car I seem to get stuck in nasty traffic. I do sometimes wish to have a nice 6-speed to row through. :rolleyes: The car is fast, but not quick off the line. It's a heavy car so it takes a sec to get the mass moving. The engine has amazing torque and is incredibly smooth. I got the sport suspension, which many say is better than the previous S4's. It's NICE, the handling is amazing. I'm already addicted and it's Audi for me from now on.

I'd look at the later, 2001 S4's. I hear they have fewer probs with their turbos, or better yet, if you have the $$$, the new S4 with the 4.2 V8.

Personally, I love the torque of a large motor. There's no replacement for displacement! The previous bi-turbo was easy to tune and chip to well over 300hp (my friend had one, it was sick!). I'm thinking S4 in 5-6 years when I replace this one (thought the next RS4 is rumored to be a bi-turbo 3.0, around 400hp+ :rolleyes: ).

It was a tough choice between the 6-speed and 5 speed tip (auto). I went with the tip, due to the DC traffic and I'm generally glad I did since whenever I go out in the car I seem to get stuck in nasty traffic. I do sometimes wish to have a nice 6-speed to row through. :rolleyes: The car is fast, but not quick off the line. It's a heavy car so it takes a sec to get the mass moving. The engine has amazing torque and is incredibly smooth. I got the sport suspension, which many say is better than the previous S4's. It's NICE, the handling is amazing. I'm already addicted and it's Audi for me from now on.

I'd look at the later, 2001 S4's. I hear they have fewer probs with their turbos, or better yet, if you have the $$$, the new S4 with the 4.2 V8.

I wish I had the cash for a new S4, but I'm not around enough to drive it and I would rather save the money and buy a used one. Good heads up, I will definitely look for an 01'. I never thought I would be an Audi driver, but I love mine too, it's been very good, no problems and it's solid(knock on wood). They have nice features too, I'm still figuring out some of the little gadgets it has. The all wheel drive is key and was why I bought mine. They're fun and can take a beating too. I've beat the crap out of mine and it seems to like it, it even runs better. We took one nice trip to AC with it and I'm convinced no other car would've survived, also some classic skiing trips in the winter. Ok enough of that, sounds like I'm talking about a girl or something. Enjoy!