Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Final vote expected on banning open-air clubs in South

wildmiami

It's becoming more of a reality.

Seems like the law is gonna go down. If it passes, there will be no more open air clubs allowed to open in the South Pointe.:(

They've been getting a lot of complaints and this is why it's happening. The Commis has to keep the local voters happy, this sux but I know where they're coming from. I have an apartment on 14th and Collins and on a busy weekend it's a bitch to get a good nights rest. Alarms go off, people shout, and hookers whale (had to throw that one in there:D ).

THE HERALD ARTICLE

Those condos are a fucking eyesore.

If you move to the beach, you should know it's gonna be loud, deal with it. You want peace and quiet, move to my apartments.

Either that, or do what I do and enforce "piece and quiet"...

It's a fact...things are changing...change has been here for a while now...have the clubs done anything to foresee this dramatic and permanent change??? Nuh...people have paid mega-bucks for those rich-man's summer homes...and if they have the money, they probably have the connections and political pull to ban what they will to get comfort...bye Nicki Beach, nice to know you.

eat the rich

FUNKETEER

Originally posted by southof5th

I don't care anymoe...it's so ghetto here anyway...I'm off to 50th and Collins with oceanfront view...

Anyways...Nikki Beach is history soon to be replaced by condos...that's the word...

Yeah, you'll like up in this neck of the woods, great views plus peace and quiet.

As to Nikki Beach, whose word is that? I never heard anything about Nikki being sold. They have nothing to worry about as far as the new legislation, only the existing noise statutes.

the sound travels upwards right into the concrete tunnels of a condo. Its actually quite loud but only if the windows are open. No bass. Once you close the window you hear nothing but the condo owners want to hear nothing when there patio windows are open.

Also, if I was nikki I would be stoked. No competition. What about the other club, the private one? Anyone know about that one?

jb

Originally posted by mrjoebudious

the sound travels upwards right into the concrete tunnels of a condo. Its actually quite loud but only if the windows are open. No bass. Once you close the window you hear nothing but the condo owners want to hear nothing when there patio windows are open.

Also, if I was nikki I would be stoked. No competition. What about the other club, the private one? Anyone know about that one?

jb

When I open my kitchen and bathroom windows (facing to Opium's parking lot) I hear only the bass and the crowd on the street but when the windows are closed no noise at all.

Which other one you're talking about? Taverna OPA?

OPA's patio has no music at all, only inside (great by the way) has chicks dancing on the tables.:tongue: