Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why do people worship tiesto?

His last 2 cds he came out with are amazing. Really great shit. Dont know if you heard them or not, but I would defenatly go out and get them. It will give you a different opion of his music. I'm not a big trance fan, he plays a progressive up lifting that awesome.

Originally posted by vitotheguido

His last 2 cds he came out with are amazing. Really great shit. Dont know if you heard them or not, but I would defenatly go out and get them. It will give you a different opion of his music. I'm not a big trance fan, he plays a progressive up lifting that awesome.

i respect ur opinion totally, but i bout nyana last month and that might be the worst investment ever. the only good track is the "awakening" (tiesto/junkie xl). that music is really corny now.

I've never been a fan of cds because I prefer to hear new tracks, new music that are much more recent.

Tiesto in the States is bland compared to some of the shows he plays in Europe. He also tends to spin much harder in Miami.

Strangely enough, eddie3, many people enjoy the fast paced melodic uplifting beats with a breakdown. Some of the masses are also drawn t a faster paced beat which "eems" to have a purpose.

I prefer not to break down genres because if you like a track, or a dj, chances are you like any style he/she plays. For some, house can be repetitive, for other trance is cheesy, techno can be annoying, etc etc....

I do agree Tiesto is a bit hyped, however, he also has skills as a producer, entertainer and he will give his crowd what they want. Alot of us become jaded on the dj aspect of their careers and forget the other parts.

Originally posted by myrlin

I've never been a fan of cds because I prefer to hear new tracks, new music that are much more recent.

Tiesto in the States is bland compared to some of the shows he plays in Europe. He also tends to spin much harder in Miami.

Strangely enough, eddie3, many people enjoy the fast paced melodic uplifting beats with a breakdown. Some of the masses are also drawn t a faster paced beat which "eems" to have a purpose.

I prefer not to break down genres because if you like a track, or a dj, chances are you like any style he/she plays. For some, house can be repetitive, for other trance is cheesy, techno can be annoying, etc etc....

I do agree Tiesto is a bit hyped, however, he also has skills as a producer, entertainer and he will give his crowd what they want. Alot of us become jaded on the dj aspect of their careers and forget the other parts.

but when i bought the tiesto cds i was thinking... yo this is gonna be some ill shit, and i listened and i was like "what the fuck?"

i thought it was gonna be like the time I first heard a steve lawler cd, where i was blown away

Tiesto is my favorite djs hes one of those djs where you eaither love his music or hate his music. I like the vibe that he brings at a club. When i went to roxy last month i never saw so much vibe at a club. The way he gets into his mucis dancing on stage his tiesto in concert was sick 25,000 people showed up. Not every1 likes trance. But i cant wait to see him in philly this weekend

Originally posted by eddie3

but when i bought the tiesto cds i was thinking... yo this is gonna be some ill shit, and i listened and i was like "what the fuck?"

i thought it was gonna be like the time I first heard a steve lawler cd, where i was blown away

i dont even buy cds very often. I prefer live sets myself. I do tend to be dissapointed with alot of the "albums"

The energy of the live set is much more entrancing to me.

he sucks. his euro trash shit really blows. that type of music isnt even cool. trance blows:mad:

:laugh: too funny.....

How can you critisize any DJ when you have a picture of Casbah up in your sig tellin people to go there?!?! LOL

I used to bounce there - that place sucks as far as both music, talent, and crowd go! On top of that it's too damn bright and too damn filled with chairs and crap! LOL The first 2 summers were off the hook there - the girls were gorgeous and you had to dress to impress - now people in there are nasty and I've yet to hear a good night there since...

And like others have said - you can't bash Tiesto off of his CD's.... I think his CD's kinda blow too but LIVE he is off the fawkin hook! Especially when he's in NY mixin his trance with hard stuff... he (along with most international DJ's) will mix their set for the type of crowd they are in... he won't play the same kinda set in Ibiza that he'll play in Miami or in NY... so until you check him out live you can't bash!

I think one of my fav nights eva out was couple years back for Tiesto in Exit - back in the good Exit days... Hearing "Sparkles" still gives me chills from hearin it that night while on the main floor with the snow comin down all fawked up with my friends...

...oh the memories...LOL:D

Originally posted by blueyedclubr

:laugh: too funny.....

How can you critisize any DJ when you have a picture of Casbah up in your sig tellin people to go there?!?! LOL

I used to bounce there - that place sucks as far as both music, talent, and crowd go! On top of that it's too damn bright and too damn filled with chairs and crap! LOL The first 2 summers were off the hook there - the girls were gorgeous and you had to dress to impress - now people in there are nasty and I've yet to hear a good night there since...

And like others have said - you can't bash Tiesto off of his CD's.... I think his CD's kinda blow too but LIVE he is off the fawkin hook! Especially when he's in NY mixin his trance with hard stuff... he (along with most international DJ's) will mix their set for the type of crowd they are in... he won't play the same kinda set in Ibiza that he'll play in Miami or in NY... so until you check him out live you can't bash!

I think one of my fav nights eva out was couple years back for Tiesto in Exit - back in the good Exit days... Hearing "Sparkles" still gives me chills from hearin it that night while on the main floor with the snow comin down all fawked up with my friends...

...oh the memories...LOL:D

yo... everyone hates the caz, but the reason why i go is because i dont pay 4 shit down there. free rooms, guestlist, whenever my friends are down there we have a blast, and gambling is fun, and depressing:laugh: . honestly the only thing i pay for is gas and tolls. also at 2:30 dj stevie p comes on and he plays phat HOUSE music, so when u go there u listen to 2 genres of dance, so its phat. a lot of ppl think the place is cheesy, but i like it. what club a person likes doesnt make mean they dont know shit about music. i have the best tracks in all genres(commercial, underground) preferrably i like miami the best but i live in jersey so i resort to casbah.

yo... everyone hates the caz, but the reason why i go is because i dont pay 4 shit down there. free rooms, guestlist, whenever my friends are down there we have a blast, and gambling is fun, and depressing:laugh: . honestly the only thing i pay for is gas and tolls. also at 2:30 dj stevie p comes on and he plays phat HOUSE music, so when u go there u listen to 2 genres of dance, so its phat. a lot of ppl think the place is cheesy, but i like it. what club a person likes doesnt make mean they dont know shit about music. i have the best tracks in all genres(commercial, underground) preferrably i like miami the best but i live in jersey so i resort to casbah.

IT's all good bro - you likes what u like... I always thought they brought better talent into the Xanadu rather than the Casbah at that place... Casbah played the same tracks week after week and it gets old when you are workin in there from 10pm till 6am....

I'm sure you'll see me in there one night or two this summer - but you def won't see me sober in there b/c that is the least enjoyable place in my opinion when sober!

IT's all good bro - you likes what u like... I always thought they brought better talent into the Xanadu rather than the Casbah at that place... Casbah played the same tracks week after week and it gets old when you are workin in there from 10pm till 6am....

I'm sure you'll see me in there one night or two this summer - but you def won't see me sober in there b/c that is the least enjoyable place in my opinion when sober!

when did u work there? I know all of the bouncers there.

o yea the xanadu dj is from katmandu in trenton (the worst club in the world) so that music is really bad. he filled in for stevie p last saturday so i left rite when he came on.

when did u work there? I know all of the bouncers there.

o yea the xanadu dj is from katmandu in trenton (the worst club in the world) so that music is really bad. he filled in for stevie p last saturday so i left rite when he came on.

I worked there a couple summers ago... and every year I go back they ask me when I'm comin back to work but I can't take another summer of givin up my summer nights drivin down to AC from Seaside.

Only reason I eva go anymore is because I don't have to wait in that stupid long line and don't have to pay... you'd never catch me waitin to get into that place...

Which bouncers do you know? Are you friends with them or do you just KNOW them? Like are you that guy that walks around actin like he's friends with them and tries to talk to them and they just smile and nod? :rolleyes: I'm just messin with ya man!

Just the fact that they would pull someone from a Bar/Club like Katmandu to DJ there shows how horrible they are at pickin their talent... that's like Temps or Merge bringin in the guy from Jenkinsons or Bamboo...LOL

I don't know what Xanadu is like these last couple years but when they first opened it they used to bring in diff DJ's every week - never the same guy... sounds like it really blows now!:mad:

Xanadu was the only room that played any hard house back then... and Casbah just played cheesey Q102 / KTU garbage...

Where you from by the way? You don't sound like you are from the Seaside/NY club scene?

I worked there a couple summers ago... and every year I go back they ask me when I'm comin back to work but I can't take another summer of givin up my summer nights drivin down to AC from Seaside.

Only reason I eva go anymore is because I don't have to wait in that stupid long line and don't have to pay... you'd never catch me waitin to get into that place...

Which bouncers do you know? Are you friends with them or do you just KNOW them? Like are you that guy that walks around actin like he's friends with them and tries to talk to them and they just smile and nod? :rolleyes: I'm just messin with ya man!

Just the fact that they would pull someone from a Bar/Club like Katmandu to DJ there shows how horrible they are at pickin their talent... that's like Temps or Merge bringin in the guy from Jenkinsons or Bamboo...LOL

I don't know what Xanadu is like these last couple years but when they first opened it they used to bring in diff DJ's every week - never the same guy... sounds like it really blows now!:mad:

Xanadu was the only room that played any hard house back then... and Casbah just played cheesey Q102 / KTU garbage...

Where you from by the way? You don't sound like you are from the Seaside/NY club scene?

i'm from trenton

he sucks. his euro trash shit really blows. that type of music isnt even cool. trance blows:mad:

this fucking guy, open ur horizens dipshit, i swear some people have such tunnel vision:mad:

A lot of people bash Casbah, but I think it's cool. I was there this past weekend, tons of girls....the music did suck but the overall atmosphere was cool. Some of the dancers are really good, not to mention some of the females are hot as hell. Is there a way to get on the guest list besides knowing people there?