Clubplanet Nightlife Community

richie rydell.............

my friend djs @ casbah, and i remember back in september that i called him for a guestlist and he told me that he couldn't put me on because he had a dj named "richie rydell" + like 20 ppl on his list. That was the first time i heard of the guy, then i heard of him getting guest spots @ ABYSS, never hearing him spin though. And now he's like the only dj I'm hearing about. Is he really that sick? If so I want to hear " WElcome to Summer 2003". I might check out seaside this weekend to see what all of the hype's about.

He spins Fridays and Saturdays in seaside?:dj::confused:

Originally posted by eddie3

my friend djs @ casbah, and i remember back in september that i called him for a guestlist and he told me that he couldn't put me on because he had a dj named "richie rydell" + like 20 ppl on his list. That was the first time i heard of the guy, then i heard of him getting guest spots @ ABYSS, never hearing him spin though. And now he's like the only dj I'm hearing about. Is he really that sick? If so I want to hear " WElcome to Summer 2003". I might check out seaside this weekend to see what all of the hype's about.

He spins Fridays and Saturdays in seaside?:dj::confused:

This is a joke right??

Richie tore the fuck out of Cheetah which was the greatest party in the History of NYC Nightlife hands down.

He has been shredding Metro for the past few years.

And blew seaside away the past 2 years.

If youve ever been to Mondo you know him.

He spins saturday nights at Merge.

Originally posted by kostaP

This is a joke right??

Richie tore the fuck out of Cheetah which was the greatest party in the History of NYC Nightlife hands down.

He has been shredding Metro for the past few years.

And blew seaside away the past 2 years.

If youve ever been to Mondo you know him.

He spins saturday nights at Merge.

so should i go to Merge then Temps? or just stay @ merge?

Originally posted by eddie3

so should i go to Merge then Temps? or just stay @ merge?

I am overly biased to Merge being that Ive been going to Metro for years and Merge last summer as well as I now do the door there this summer saturday nights.

A suggestion either go to both or do what I did this past weekend. Richie @ Merge saturday all night, Sunday afternoon Surf, then sunday night Denny at Tempts. Get to experience every one. Then you decide for yourself.

I am overly biased to Merge being that Ive been going to Metro for years and Merge last summer as well as I now do the door there this summer saturday nights.

A suggestion either go to both or do what I did this past weekend. Richie @ Merge saturday all night, Sunday afternoon Surf, then sunday night Denny at Tempts. Get to experience every one. Then you decide for yourself.

tempts is open every sunday? i was there mdw, but i though it was open cuz it was mdw. i cant wait to go to surf when oscar g comes next month

don't waste your time at tempts

I can tell you right now that Richie is better than the clown you have at Casbah. I have been there about a dozen times or so in the past 4 years and the music gets worse and worse each time I go.

Originally posted by unclebuc

don't waste your time at tempts

I can tell you right now that Richie is better than the clown you have at Casbah. I have been there about a dozen times or so in the past 4 years and the music gets worse and worse each time I go.

UNCLE BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Casbah is a fucking JOKE BTW (music wise)

"Richie tore the fuck out of Cheetah which was the greatest party in the History of NYC Nightlife hands down.

You have to be fucking kidding me. Cheetah, the greatest party in the history of NY nightlife??

NEVER, EVER was it the greatest party in the history of nyc nightlife....

ps: not knocking richie, just that rediculous statement.

Originally posted by bionic

You have to be fucking kidding me. Cheetah, the greatest party in the history of NY nightlife??

Ok what was better party wise, consistency, crowd, the crackheads at Factory or the crack heads at Vinyl. Im not comparing those monstrosities of abortions What party in NYC is was better than Cheetah.

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me just let me know what your argument is based on and what you think was a better party

Ok what was better party wise, consistency, crowd, the crackheads at Factory or the crack heads at Vinyl. Im not comparing those monstrosities of abortions What party in NYC is was better than Cheetah.

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me just let me know what your argument is based on and what you think was a better party

big fridays @ roxy

the cliQue party

homegrown @ sin sin

three real quick off the top of my head, rydell's party at cheetah was phenominal but hardly the best party in NYC, plus its all B&T

i was thinkin the same thing :laugh:

Originally posted by kettleone4me

big fridays @ roxy

homegrown @ sin sin

also add disco2000@limelight, dtour@ tunnel, KONKRETE JUNGLE, ARENA. a party @ LIFE was real good too cant rememebr the name of it, these were parties

most current one which is yrs ago now was big fridays @roxy with boris

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

You lost all credit when you said the cliQue party.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

funny thing is people swore that party was great at saci and mendez spinnin and a few other places it moved to:rolleyes:

Originally posted by kettleone4me

big fridays @ roxy

the cliQue party

homegrown @ sin sin

three real quick off the top of my head, rydell's party at cheetah was phenominal but hardly the best party in NYC, plus its all B&T

Wakeup

Different strokes for different folks,

I like the bridge and tunnel crowd. We obviously have different tastes because Big fridays at the Roxy was good but the clique party c'mon now

as far as life, grandmaster flash spinning in the ghtto room while they were rockin house No thanx konkrete jungle at arena ill disagree with those as well just like i said not my thing, and Richie may not be your thing, thats the great thing about variety everyone can have something they enjoy

Originally posted by wakeup

funny thing is people swore that party was great at saci and mendez spinnin and a few other places it moved to:rolleyes:

Exactly a few other places it moved to.....I stated consistency How long did Saci last?

You'll be here forever debating over which party was the best in NYC history.............do you have any idea how many parties we're talking here? There were tons, it's all relative.

rydell is def a great dj.........I thought he was a lot of hype in the beginning but he truly can throw it down. And with that system in front of him, merge is def worth checking out.

Well, most of the ones that I was thinking were mentioned already.

Wakeup, as was mentioned, I was right there with you till ya threw in "clique" ;)

Studio 54

Paladium

Big Roxy Friday's <-- man do i miss that.

Disco 2000

Dtour

Larry Levan @ Paradise Garage

Juniorverse

SF 97-99

DT again - Be yourself

GBH @ Centro Fly

By numbers alone, SF's saturday party is probably one of the most successful and longest running...

There's a few for ya.

I agree, different strokes for different folks.

KostaP, i apologize for responding with such an attitude. There was no reason for that. I was having a bad day here at work.

I can agree to disagree. Naming some of those parties, sure brings back memories though.

Man am I old :-(

Well, most of the ones that I was thinking were mentioned already.

Wakeup, as was mentioned, I was right there with you till ya threw in "clique" ;)

Studio 54

Paladium

Big Roxy Friday's <-- man do i miss that.

Disco 2000

Dtour

Larry Levan @ Paradise Garage

Juniorverse

SF 97-99

DT again - Be yourself

GBH @ Centro Fly

By numbers alone, SF's saturday party is probably one of the most successful and longest running...

There's a few for ya.

I agree, different strokes for different folks.

KostaP, i apologize for responding with such an attitude. There was no reason for that. I was having a bad day here at work.

I can agree to disagree. Naming some of those parties, sure brings back memories though.

Man am I old :-(

i never mentioned clique, i was being sarcastic