Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Factory the Sat. after 9/11

Was anyone at SF the Sat. after 9/11? Not on the aneversary year, but the year after it actually happend. If I understand right, it wasn't open the first Sat. after it happened, but was the following. Either way, was anyone there the first Sat. after it happened? I ask because a friend of mine sent me a version of Luz Devina singing America the Beautiful. He told me it was her and that JP produced it, and the played it the first Sat. the factory was open after 9/11 and the place went nuts. I didnt believe him at first, but after listening to it, it is Luz. It starts out slow and builds up to a faster pace. I'm not much of a Luz or JP fan, but I really like it, and if what he says is true, it would have been great to be there to hear it and see the crowd's reaction. So was anyone there and know if this is true?

i was there, jp made a little speech played the luz -america the beautiful then dropped the my love is ur love accapella which no song till this day even comes close giving a vibe/crowd response as that song does

9/11 Happened on a Tuesday. 9/15 SF was closed. The following Saturday 9/22 SF was open. I remember that moment very clearly too. Very intense to say the least. Not to shortly after...many of the SF "bootleg" cd's had that track on it.

I too remember feeling really "wierd" going out and felt it was wrong in some way or another. But it really did lift my spirits...

i remenber dropping that same track at my club the same weekend, the hole place started chanting usa usa throught the hole song and then the bartender got on top of the bar and started waveing an American flag around. The was tear in my eye, i have never felt so much energy in a place.

that track was never released but made its way around, they even played it on KTU.