Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Has anyone ever been to a desert party?

happykittn

They won't be releasing the location until tomorrow afternoon (party starts tomorrow night, ends Sunday night). It's a Moontribe party... I have my sunblock (thanks weyes!), tent, sleeping bag, water and don't plan on rolling at all... should be a good time. :D

One of the most intense, memorable & talked-about raving experience of my life was at a desert party named Transit a few years ago... The group of people that make the journey out to a party like that are typcially awesome.

Have fun... Man I wish I could go!

Turns out we were directed to a forest location v. a desert one... the group had secured an amazing spot on Native land, which = negative coppers. :D

I slept a majority of the way there, and woke up just in time in complete darkness. Almost complete sensory deprivation, except for the "shhhhh" of a stream nearby, and a woman saying "...be warned, there are snakes are bears in this area..." Eep.

We arrived at the campsite around 3-3:30am, and found an open area to pitch our tents on... later, we discovered pitching our tents right out in the middle of a grassy field was NOT the best idea because we proceeded to fry like Nuggets on $1 Tuesdays once the sun came up, but we were too lazy to move. The music started around 4am, but it was peaceful to listen to because they began with light instrumentals and "animal sounds" (wolf, bird, etc.).

The next day, I woke up around 8am, ate three kabobs, went down to the stream, and fell asleep. A spider bit my nose. Music thumping the entire time... dj Brad, etc... it was too hot to dance during the day, though.

Music continues... I danced a little, watched people tripping their brains out (responsible drug use was strongly encouraged), and met two funny & adorable gay raver boys who kept telling me they were eskimos in an igloo. One of them decided he had balloons on his feet and started bounding away... sooooooooo totally cute. If I come back in another life, I'd like to be a beautiful gay raver boy.

Watched people in Grateful Dead bear outfits dance around to a "Fuzzy Wuzzy Bear" song, saw naked firedancers... lots of colors, lots of lights, lots of sounds...

More dancing... there was a beautiful full moon that rose high above the trees, and thousands danced under it... unbelievable feeling.

Woke up the next day around 9am, ate an egg/cheese/spinach omlette, and went hiking. Walked for miles across grass, through weeds, over rocks, under logs... and finally reached an amazing waterfall. I was prepared for disappointment, expecting a dinky little 20-foot coming-out-of-a-sewage-pipe-trickle... but when we turned the corner and saw a 100+-foot waterfall, it made the whole hike worthwhile. Pictures below.

We packed up and left after hiking all the way back our campsite... to sum it all up, there was a LOT of nudity (boobs and penises bobbing everywhere), a lot of drug use, a lot of dancing, and a lot of reflecting. Besides the spider bite on my nose, I came out unscathed... good times, good times...

attachment.php?s=&postid=1527322

great report, kittn :D !!!

and it's a good thing it wasn't on the havasu airstrip, dreamerz; that's where the last ever (and deadly) nocturnal wonderland was. there's just a one-lane-each-way road there for 19 miles, which is part of why those two kids died; help couldn't help them (i don't know if it was coming or going) quick enough.

Originally posted by weyes

great report, kittn :D !!!

and it's a good thing it wasn't on the havasu airstrip, dreamerz; that's where the last ever (and deadly) nocturnal wonderland was. there's just a one-lane-each-way road there for 19 miles, which is part of why those two kids died; help couldn't help them (i don't know if it was coming or going) quick enough.

i was there...Tiesto as the sun came up........yep...that and the heat....and too much traffic......