Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Agent 001

kaydup

Originally posted by djresident

hoska was clothed, in fact we talked about this very topic, i.e. it being kinda sad in a way that a quality such as sq1 has to remain mostly industry....maybe it's our esoteric marketing strategy, who knows;)

The night has been consistently marketed as “all about the music”, which is fine, but you end up with industry people that way. I think nights marketed about “the music” and “the scene” are not particularly inviting to those outside “the know” of dance music. We (meaning you Dave and me and many of the people of these boards) are all constantly surrounded by people who know the music, the producers and the DJs, that we forget how many people around town DO NOT know any of this at all. They just wanna go out and have a good time and don’t, as a matter of course, gauge their nighttime agenda by which DJ is playing where. That doesn’t mean you cannot reach those people, it just means you have to give them more information than simply “Agent 001 @ Axis”. Describe the vibe, the informality of the night, and describe the music more clearly. Many might love to experience a night of funky progressive house music, but don’t know that Agent 001 plays funky progressive house music. My 2 cents.

I love the night and would love for others to experience it. And by "others" of course I mean hot slutty chicks. ;)

Two things:

1.) If you don't promote your night, you won't get women in your club. Simple as that.

2.) Progressive house has a very small, but incredibly loyal following in Boston. It doesn't appeal to most people who like to go "clubbing" (see Ras and the like). The DJ line-up at SQ1 is REALLY tilted towards progressive house. I think you guys should mix it up a bit with the DJs.

lol @ clubbing...so true

good points guys. i think more than prgoressive the night was about no-nonse dancing, drinking and classics, but put a much of progressive dj's in a room like axis...:rolleyes:

good points all around, i'm taking notes (literally) :)