Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Six Israeli Soldiers 'Savagely' Beat Teenager in Dura

djxeno

Originally posted by cintron

take your pick - officially or unofficially?

I would have a hard time believing that places like libya, Iran and syria are bone-dry of big firecrackers.

It's not hard to buy them either. You DO realize you can purchase a russian nuke on the black market for a few million bucks... which is tons cheaper than making them yourself.

Tell me something, even if an Arab country did have nukes, why do you think they would help the Palestinians? No Arab country has helped the Palestinians in over 50 years.

Originally posted by mr mahs

I thought in the Muslim World nationalities are irrelevent, all muslims are bros..

don't be stupid. you don't even know the ideology of the ba'ath party, do you? ever heard of nasser of egypt? pan-arabism? i guess not. :rolleyes:

religiously, that is supposed to be the case. but of course, as things always are in politics, shit gets in the way...like nationalism. and there's a lot of it in the arab world. no one cares about the palestinians, they are the 'gypsies' of the middle east.

jordan's having some problems with them now, especially considering they are now the majority there...gonna be a lot of problems...but this is what sharon has wanted anyways, for the palestinians to claim their 'true' homeland: the East Bank, and leave the rest for the Jews, which is, conveniently, the West Bank.

Originally posted by djxeno

Tell me something, even if an Arab country did have nukes, why do you think they would help the Palestinians? No Arab country has helped the Palestinians in over 50 years.

Simple. Any invasion of a muslim/arab state by the "Zionist Entity" would probably be enough of a spark to ignite a conflict. The arab world has proven over the past 50 years that if its given the chance, it will try to wipe israel off the map. 3 major wars and countless skirmishes... and now that Jordan, Syria, Egypt and others realize that direct military action is not a viable option, they can stand back and allow palestinian militants to chip away at the Israeli position. Why would ANYONE help the palestinians in their struggle when it would force the arabs to mediate and negotiate between the two sides and not only acknowledge Israel as an independant nation, but give it concessions as well.

Wouldn't it be easier to let someone else like the United States try to stop the thousands of years' worth of bloodshed? It's easier because that way, no arab nation has to step forward and acknowledge Israel's sovereignty or help mediate a conflict which would virtually guarantee the preservation of Israel, given a successful conclusion to negotiations.

I'm sure neither Egypt, nor Syria, nor Jordan, nor Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, or anyone wants to be known as the Arab state who lent a hand to the enemy.

And no they're not going to be christian about it, because hey... predominantly they're not christian...

so no turning the other cheek for anyone and everyone still gets to die while the governments let the palestinians do the dirty work for them.

Originally posted by £ddie

Substitute "arab" with "predominantly muslim country, the majority of which support the Palestinian people" and my original statement works. . .

Not necessarily. Pakistan would not interfere with that situation because there is too much at stake for them (in terms of relations with the US).

There is a large distinction between the Middle East Arab countries and Pakistan.