Clubplanet Nightlife Community

(in ref. to cut/uncut thread) piercing babies' ears?

weyes

do you think it's ok to pierce girls' ears when they're babies?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. do you think it's ok to pierce girls' ears when they're babies?

• no
    • yes

i've always thought it's wrong to pierce girls' ears when they're babies. i think a lot of parents do this to make it obvious that their kid is female because they're insecure and get upset that some people can't tell if their baby is a boy or a girl. i think it's selfish on the part of parents, barbaric, and besides all of that, i think it's just plain trashy.

but, in light of the recent "cut v. uncut" thread, wherein so many people called circumcision "body mutilation on the part of parents," (i'm not taking a stance on this either way, here in this thread) i'm wondering how everyone feels about the piercing of baby girls' ears. well?

I wouldn't put it in the same class as circumsicion- but no, I wouldn't do it.

When I was younger, I actually *wished* that my parents had done it to me as a baby. I didn't get my ears pierced till I was 10- I wanted them very badly, but I was too scared- and even then my dad didn't want me doing it! Quite amusing, considering the fact that I showed up with a new hole in my body almost every time I came home from school... :laugh2:

And speaking of parents who are desperate to make the sex of their baby apparent... I was actually thinking about this the other day, when I saw all these little babies with those pink headbands with bows on them. I don't get it. They look so stupid, I would never subject my kid to that crap. Is it really that important that people don't confuse your little girl for a little boy? Will she grow up to be a lesbian otherwise? So dumb... :rolleyes::laugh:

Hmm... I don't see a problem with it but then again I wasn't even a year old when I got my ears pierced and it's that way with every female in my family...

As for putting pink headbands on your babies head and making them look like douches - hellll no. I want my kids to be able to look back on their baby photos without being traumatized as I was.

Originally posted by tastyt

And speaking of parents who are desperate to make the sex of their baby apparent... I was actually thinking about this the other day, when I saw all these little babies with those pink headbands with bows on them. I don't get it. They look so stupid, I would never subject my kid to that crap. Is it really that important that people don't confuse your little girl for a little boy? Will she grow up to be a lesbian otherwise? So dumb... :rolleyes::laugh:

yeah - i've seen people scotch-tape bows on their babies' heads so that they'd stay on for pictures :laugh: .

I would pierce my kids ears

I don't see whats wrong with it

When she gets older she can take em out if she does not like them

I wish my mom pierced my ears when I was a baby, I went through a lot of shit to get em pierced when I turned 11 and then after that it was all downhill with the piercings

:tongue:

But I really see nothing wrong with it