Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Webster Hall Dilemma !

Lately there have been a lot of posts and discussion about the infamous Webster hall. I think its time to shed some lite on this and along the way perhaps answer a question, to go or not to go?

On Fridays moody has some sort of a KTU type of vibe going on :blown: It is somewhat acceptable for free. While that goes on an army of smelly tourists and a few drag queens pretend to have a good time in the marlin room where infamous Dj Avery relentlessly beatmatching whatever he can get his hands on. Disco, House or top 40...it doesn't matter! The people who go there don't care much for music anyway, why bother making a real show?

The hip-hop lounge is the worst of them all. Can't complain about the music because i am not into that, but the smell is awful. Seriously, how much trouble is it to use deodorant? Just put it over clothes if you are that lazy!!!! Ok, after walking around a bit we precede straight to the grand ballroom where moody resides on Fridays and is actually decent. The lights guy is pretty good too. Over all Webster hall is not that bad looking. Then the strip tease show comes on. They should at least look at them before letting them go on the stage. Ugly, fat and drunk girls strip for entire hour completely killing the vibe. And what’s up with that auctioneer? He is as funny as a 2-dollar bill.

Now time for the draper to come on with his...ahem ...music. I think the only reason he was ever popular at exit is because music DOESN"T MATTER there much. Webster hall is completely different; people come to dance and not to experience his creative noise making. BOOORING. Even his fans left him!

Overall Fridays at Webster Hall stink (literally)

On Saturdays Corbo does a decent job of warming the place up. But that’s it The music doesn't really go anywhere. In fact I believe that was the reason he was fired. When they had the trance nights, he was being told what to play so it was more or less bearable and now that z100 brought him back with his hands untied he is free to "express" himself as he sees fit. Yuck what a bunch of STUPID, BORING, PLAIN AND UNINTERESTING BEATS. The place empties fast because his sound never changes; it becomes quite annoying around 2 when people start running all over the place in a search of a decent vibe. Around 2:30 disappointed everybody leaves cursing the place out.

To go or not to go?......:no:

Now before this thread gets out of control with all sorts of propaganda, consider this

freelove = draper

mangos = moody

silverbull = corbo

Just FYI - Z100 has nothign to do with bringing corbo back, nor picking what tracks he can/cant play thats all up to the club. Z100 just broadcasts from there on saturday nites, and the music on the radio is all played off a CD back in the studio and dosnt come from teh club.

Originally posted by undergr0und

Lately there have been a lot of posts and discussion about the infamous Webster hall. I think its time to shed some lite on this and along the way perhaps answer a question, to go or not to go?

On Fridays moody has some sort of a KTU type of vibe going on :blown: It is somewhat acceptable for free. While that goes on an army of smelly tourists and a few drag queens pretend to have a good time in the marlin room where infamous Dj Avery relentlessly beatmatching whatever he can get his hands on. Disco, House or top 40...it doesn't matter! The people who go there don't care much for music anyway, why bother making a real show?

The hip-hop lounge is the worst of them all. Can't complain about the music because i am not into that, but the smell is awful. Seriously, how much trouble is it to use deodorant? Just put it over clothes if you are that lazy!!!! Ok, after walking around a bit we precede straight to the grand ballroom where moody resides on Fridays and is actually decent. The lights guy is pretty good too. Over all Webster hall is not that bad looking. Then the strip tease show comes on. They should at least look at them before letting them go on the stage. Ugly, fat and drunk girls strip for entire hour completely killing the vibe. And what’s up with that auctioneer? He is as funny as a 2-dollar bill.

Now time for the draper to come on with his...ahem ...music. I think the only reason he was ever popular at exit is because music DOESN"T MATTER there much. Webster hall is completely different; people come to dance and not to experience his creative noise making. BOOORING. Even his fans left him!

Overall Fridays at Webster Hall stink (literally)

On Saturdays Corbo does a decent job of warming the place up. But that’s it The music doesn't really go anywhere. In fact I believe that was the reason he was fired. When they had the trance nights, he was being told what to play so it was more or less bearable and now that z100 brought him back with his hands untied he is free to "express" himself as he sees fit. Yuck what a bunch of STUPID, BORING, PLAIN AND UNINTERESTING BEATS. The place empties fast because his sound never changes; it becomes quite annoying around 2 when people start running all over the place in a search of a decent vibe. Around 2:30 disappointed everybody leaves cursing the place out.

To go or not to go?......:no:

Now before this thread gets out of control with all sorts of propaganda, consider this

freelove = draper

mangos = moody

silverbull = corbo

LONG POSTS SUCK... :laugh:

I decided to do some investigation on this UNDERGROUND person. If you read all his post's he is just flat out a hater. He never has anything nice to say about anything as a matter of fact he sounds like a promoter.

I dont care about Webster HAll or who goes there but some people have alterior motives in there posts. This person is a HATER.

Originally posted by powerpill

I decided to do some investigation on this UNDERGROUND person. If you read all his post's he is just flat out a hater. He never has anything nice to say about anything as a matter of fact he sounds like a promoter.

I dont care about Webster HAll or who goes there but some people have alterior motives in there posts. This person is a HATER.

yeah, you can clearly see how i PROMOTE Webster Hall here, along with Exit and Draper.

and as to the hater remark, i prefer Realist ! thank you

You have to admit all your posts are negative. Didn't anyone ever tell you if all you have to say is negative things then you should not say them. Are you going to tell me you are the authority on where and how people gave a good time. Can you honestly say that Webster Hall is not the busiest night club in Manhattan. I live three blocks from there and there is a line every thurs-sat. Exit was also a great club.

You flat out have alterior motives

Um well im just gonna make it short and uick. RICK was let go off cause the managemet wanted to go in another direction on sat nights with COMMERCIAL MUSIC thus DJ SMOKEY took over and was scratching the vinyls like it was RAP, and making unnecesarry announcements like "WHERE MY N***ERS AT" cmon please. When the numbers went down MIKE RIZZO was boughtin i believe and things picked up again. SO RICK was boughtback and MIKE was given THURSDAY nights to work his magic. And now CORBO is back onsat playing TRIBAL,PROGRESSIVE,DARK, HOUSE. Whens the last time any of ya have heard rick play live im curious. I understand and agree with most of ya sometimes the crowd isnt necessry the best music crowd around but there having fun. Listen to the way rick plays the tracks, hes one of the only djs around that starts at 10pm and spins till closing sometimes 5 sometimes 6am. Make an effort to come here him one day now dont compare or talk about b4 cause his style ahs changed over this past yr alone that its o much better than hes ever played.

BBBOOOM - For the record, when Rick was let go - that was Webster's biggest mistake. They tried Smokey who was not a good selection for the Ballroom. While he may be good at hip hop and his literature - he wasn't the best for the Ballroom. Mike Rizzo does his thing on Thursday. He was a better selection for a weekday; as they had nothing going on in the Ballroom on that specific day. It works for him. I like Moody - personally. He is a nice guy. The music is okay too.

If you have been to the Ballroom on a Saturday - you would see that Rick's return has been and still is the RESUSCITATION of the Ballroom. (As it had a heart attack in Oct. and came back to life in Feb.) The room does not clear out at 2:00 a.m. When the hell were you there? The room clears much, much later than that - Anywhere between 5:00 - 6:00 a.m. The Z-100 thing is wack. If people lose their minds, that would be because the whole auction crap sucks bigtime. Who gives a **** about that at 1:00 a.m. on a Saturday while people are trying to party. It takes way too long. If they want that - do it much, much earlier. That's all we have. We work hard all week long - when I go to a club I want the lights down and loud, fierce music pumping; which is what Rick delivers. I don't want to get interrupted with who deep throats and how much you'd pay for a chump. PLEASE. I could stay home for that and watch cable. Rick's music is worlds apart from the whole KTU thing. It is not commercial. It actually brings the real club vibe to the club - well, without the interruptions. Z-100 should actually air his sets live. They'd get the true meaning of "CLUB Z"

You sound like someone with a personal issue. Did you work for the Webster Hall owners? Did you get fired? Damn, something about that venue definitely urks you. Life is too short. Leave the crap behind. It's totally not worth it!

Originally posted by chelsea17

Rick's music is worlds apart from the whole KTU thing. It is not commercial. It actually brings the real club vibe to the club - well, without the interruptions. Z-100 should actually air his sets live. They'd get the true meaning of "CLUB Z"

yeah, rick's music is worlds apart from being CREATIVE, DANCEABLE or INTERESTING :blown: