Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Disco House

Originally posted by euphoricgirl

Are there any Disco House fans on here?? Who are you listening to lately? :party:

I am really into Disco House.

Currently listening to alot of David Morales.

BTW Armand Van Helden is not really Disco House.

Milas Elinika?

Originally posted by mane

he's a DJ/Producer has produced some pretty bad ass disco-house, along with a lot of other stuff too.... have you ever heard "Kentucky Fried Flow"????

I am really into Disco House.

Currently listening to alot of David Morales.

Milas Elinika?

yesh yesh ....i speak greek....ti kanis vre? whats new from david morales??

=Armand Van Helden - Let Me Lead You <<<<<HOT!!!!!!!

Originally posted by eKiTeL

he's a DJ/Producer has produced some pretty bad ass disco-house, along with a lot of other stuff too.... have you ever heard "Kentucky Fried Flow"????

Hello

Ekitel

If you consider his most recent albums as a producer most of his work is not Disco oriented however it is more Break Beat and Retro ORiented. Take for example Killing Puritans, from which I consider a total disapointment from the classic material that he used to produce especialy with the Mongoloids. Furthermore his prior album 2 future for U on FFRR only had about 1 disco oriented track.

From a remix perspective I can say he has had more disco stuff but Generally I wouldnt consider "Kentuky FRied Flow" a disco track. If you consider his most recent work on his new Lable "AVH"

tracks like "Let me lead you" feat La RoK is more 80's retro influenced. To further prove that this guy is all over the place consider another recent track released last month called "Everytime I Feel It" which has a very latin feel to it.

EurophoricGirl

Tha se Kano PM yia na milisoume ya kati Komathia pou tha sou

aresoun.

Peace

Mane

To further prove that this guy is all over the place...

no need to prove it, that's exactly what I was trying to say, he seems to put out tons of records, only a few are kinda discoey, and I suppose my definition of disco house is somewhat inexact, I go by Planetxusa.com, and whatever they have listed under hard disco house.... maybe a better definition would be anything that Dimitri from Paris plays, I can't stand that stuff anymore

I always look out for Armand's records, but only end up buying maybe 1 out of 10, a lot of them are like interesting experiments that just didn't turn out very well, last one I bought "wasn't the only" with that BOC loop, I think that one worked out well (though definitely not disco house)

anyway I hope this doesn't look like an argument, just an interesting discussion to me

peace! :)

Eric

Originally posted by eKiTeL

no need to prove it, that's exactly what I was trying to say, he seems to put out tons of records, only a few are kinda discoey, and I suppose my definition of disco house is somewhat inexact, I go by Planetxusa.com, and whatever they have listed under hard disco house.... maybe a better definition would be anything that Dimitri from Paris plays, I can't stand that stuff anymore

I always look out for Armand's records, but only end up buying maybe 1 out of 10, a lot of them are like interesting experiments that just didn't turn out very well, last one I bought "wasn't the only" with that BOC loop, I think that one worked out well (though definitely not disco house)

anyway I hope this doesn't look like an argument, just an interesting discussion to me

peace! :)

Eric

Eric

No argument aswell I guess I mis understood what you were saying. BTW I shop at PX aswell, what do you think of the service. I have been shopping there since the early 90s.

There catergorizations have changed over the years. Before

there was Tribal house gener and now there is only a San Fran

gen. ITs actually funny reading some of the record reviews that

Spike (the owner writes) he is a funny dude.

Mane

service is adequate, the selection is great, I use them as my on-line source for new release news, no matter where I end buying from, though usually from them, but sometimes from my local stores, you can't always tell from the real audio samples the way you can by actually having the record in your hands to drop the needle anywhere you want, or even listen to the whole thing before making the final decision, unfortunately the stores here in Miami don't have the greatest selection

to earlier post regarding disco kandi

I quite like the disco kandi series as well. The latest remix magazine a new zealand dance magazine has a kandi sampler cd complied by mark doyle. I t has about 8 tracks and most of them are quite good. at least 3 new cds are on their way including a new beach house cd, disco kandi and a new base bar. Also in september hed kandi will release a cd for only the australian market as part of their annual tour of australia.

cheers Zade