Clubplanet Nightlife Community

carl cox @ spundae, july 5th (what's up with carl cox?)

weyes

i know hardly anything about the guy, and, from what i've read (not heard), his style ranges from techno to some kinds of house. i haven't heard anything of his, though (i'm having trouble with soulseek), and i wanna know some specifics. the chances of my going are anorexic to none, but i do hope to at least learn something from this thread :idea: . can anyone shed some light on this for me, please :D ?

i saw him on the 26th here in NY. The guy brings great energy to wherever he spins. he's always really into it and works the crowd. his set started out hard and then it became progressively more funky but it always have a driving beat to it. definitely banging, can't really see too many people being disappointed

Here's a review for the same night from another board:

heavy bass line tech house...then some latin flavor vocals..hells bells...rolling basslines...funky techno...bass drops everywhere...some tweaked synths here and there...and voila..you have a carl cox set.

Cant really appreciate that shit in a small room. but it kicks your ass in a big room.

him and howells together will be nuts. howells got some great reviews from this past saturday. didn't really see any other big names for friday.

got any info on the rubber party saturday?

trying to figure what to hit when i'm out there this wknd

Carlx cox is the foure decks master!! :eek:

I have seen the man fore sevarel times now. He playes mainly techno with a lot of funk. Really if you see him spinning on four decks at the same times, not many djs have the technic this man has.

Originally posted by wideawake

Carlx cox is the foure decks master!! :eek:

I have seen the man fore sevarel times now. He playes mainly techno with a lot of funk. Really if you see him spinning on four decks at the same times, not many djs have the technic this man has.

the two most amazing turntablists i've ever seen are dj craze (he's won technics' battles a couple of times) and dj funk (though he doesn't bill himself as a turntablist). when dj craze does his hip-hop stuff, it makes my jaw drop :woah: , and dj funk can switch records faster and play more in one set than anyone else i've ever seen :eek: .

Originally posted by weyes

the two most amazing turntablists i've ever seen are dj craze (he's won technics' battles a couple of times) and dj funk (though he doesn't bill himself as a turntablist). when dj craze does his hip-hop stuff, it makes my jaw drop :woah: , and dj funk can switch records faster and play more in one set than anyone else i've ever seen :eek: .

That's just because you've never seen me! :rolleyes:

carl cox is truly a master at what he does.

jeff mills is also a ver gifted dj. i tend to think that overall the technique and expertise that the best techno dj's is much better than the best dj's of other genres of music.

i would choose carl cox over digweed anyday of the week.