Clubplanet Nightlife Community

wheel question??

joeg

yeah, i had checked out HRE, they have a nice one i was eye'ing up... wasn't sure of the weight, though...

racinghart was too rich for my blood... ($600-700/wheel)

i'll checkout ray's...

do any of these companies make the wheel in black with a polished lip(dish)? kinda like the ones in my sig...

if i have to pay so much for the right wheel, i'd hate to still have to have someone powdercoat it...

Guest brwneydtrouble

The HRE's are 3 piece, heavy and are known to bend easily. Not to mention they average about $4-5 grand for the set.

Personally, I like Roja, Motegi, or especially the OZ Racing wheels. The Superleggeras and the F1 Cup are really nice. Take a look!

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

The HRE's are 3 piece, heavy and are known to bend easily. Not to mention they average about $4-5 grand for the set.

Personally, I like Roja, Motegi, or especially the OZ Racing wheels. The Superleggeras and the F1 Cup are really nice. Take a look!

HRE's are a little heavier than some other wheels but in general they are not heavy. And who told you they bend easy? Forged wheels are as strong as you can get. Speaking of F1 cups , they are a very nice wheel. I should know , i have them.

fc0439eb.jpg

fc0439f3.jpg

Guest brwneydtrouble

I'm a bad ass... .;) Being that they are super expensive, the S2K peeps like to put them on their cars. A friend of mine that has them has bent his rim twice on the inside already. Although they were expensive, he said their customer support was excellent, they sent him a new wheel both times at no charge, with no hassle.

I was looking at the OZ site again and the Superleggeras Forged III are BAD ASS. Super deep dish.

Originally posted by atomicapples

get shmidts... (sp?)

if i were you, i would get 16x9 on your car...

no, needs to be 17" to accomodate calipers...

plus i have a set of tires sitting around that are basically new that are for 17x7.5/17x8's...

dont get rays on a audi , thats taboo. Thos SSRs are real nice , email fikse and kinesis to see what they say. Schmids are as euro as it gets but there not light. HRE's arent all there cracked up to be they have alot of stress crack and fracture issues. If i did a tt i would also look in to ROH modenas heavy but strong as fuck , you can get away with 19's on the tt and not worry about bending . Also simmons makes alot of real nice wheels.

Originally posted by barslut

dont get rays on a audi , thats taboo. Thos SSRs are real nice , email fikse and kinesis to see what they say. Schmids are as euro as it gets but there not light. HRE's arent all there cracked up to be they have alot of stress crack and fracture issues. If i did a tt i would also look in to ROH modenas heavy but strong as fuck , you can get away with 19's on the tt and not worry about bending . Also simmons makes alot of real nice wheels.

i agree with the volks...

btw : racing hart is fucking rice..

get their other lines of rims...

Guest jroo

im begining to like the oz supperleggra's more and more. i was thinking about the bronzeish one's for my black rex, i also have my window's tinted to 20%. i dont want to look like im just driving around on rims though. i want the rims to be subdued, if you know what i mean.

basically what are some thoughts about the bronze 'leggreas on a black car?

front_wheel_006.jpg

either that or something in a gun metal.

oz's write up on the bronze supper

Built to minimize weight and optimize strength, the Superleggera’s multispoke design borrowed heavily from what was learned in the development of the OZ Formula 1 wheels. The wheels design underwent the most strenuous CAD/CAM modeling and FEM Analysis of any wheel to date. A titanium enriched alloy was used for its superior strength and remarkably low weight. The result is an alloy street wheel that tips the scales at a scant 7 kg in 17â€, and 8 kg in 18â€. Featuring a competition gold finish, this rally inspired color scheme is sure to make your Subaru stand out in the crowd. The Gold Superleggera is available in a 17x7 (offset 48) and 18x8 (offset 51) sizes exclusively for Subaru brand vehicles.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by barslut

Only problem is the oz's look much better off cars then they do on cars , its not the most flattering wheel out there.

i cant really find one i like for my subee. the rota subzeros are nice, but thats all ive really found.