Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HIP-HOP ..will it ever FUCKIN end!

Guest funkysoul

Guest funkysoul

Sup everyone,

Every fuckin club I go into..Hip-Hop seems to rule now.

Every fuckin car that has a fuckin boomin system....Hip-Hop.

People I ask you...what the fuck happened to Trance?

I went to a party hip hop was playing as usual, then I overheard someone make a request for trance.

The Dj played it & then *poof* THE PEOPLE CLEARED THE FLOOR FASTER THAN ROACHES!!!

Anyone know any good progressive trance clubs in NYC besides EXIT (which is not good anymore)...*sigh*

Peace,

Funkysoul

I don't get the attraction to the hip hop thing.

The heads at parties getting down to it now are because they have had it fed to them from MTV, 24-7. The beats are too slow to dance to, unless all you want to do is grind.

The message is negative 90% of the time. (And don't give me that "The lyrics are just a product of the artists daily reality" bullshit) And to top it off it's either about bling bling, gangster posing, or I'm gonna bust a cap in your ass.

You don't have to worry about drivebye's, weapons, what colors your wearing etc., at a trance party.

I DJed in the Simi Valley(that's in the Los Angles area) for a couple of years and the club I worked was primarily an R&B and Hip Hop club. they had shootings in the parking lot like every other month. My first hand experience says that the crowd that is into that stuff can't party without engaging in some stupid behavior.

Bottom line, I would rather have 12 year old, ravers, househeads, or tranceheads any day over a hip hop crowd.

Originally posted by laraver

I DJed in the Simi Valley(that's in the Los Angles area) for a couple of years and the club I worked was primarily an R&B and Hip Hop club. they had shootings in the parking lot like every other month. My first hand experience says that the crowd that is into that stuff can't party without engaging in some stupid behavior.

im guessin u were prob djing at some ghetto shithole......cause i know here in new york there are alot of upscale hip hop parties goin on and with harldy any violence.

just my 2 cents:cool:

Originally posted by daveespa

im guessin u were prob djing at some ghetto shithole......cause i know here in new york there are alot of upscale hip hop parties goin on and harldy any beey at all.

just my 2 cents:cool:

I guess you have never been to LA. Simi Valley is pretty expensive. The Galleria is there, a lot of Hollywood types live up there, so it pretty far from being ghetto.

its just a question of what most people prefer.. In the city most lounges play hip hop because they like it more, its plain and simple. If you go to miami though, its a different story, i mean they play DARUDE in CHINA GIRLL for god's sake.

Originally posted by funkysoul

Sup everyone,

I went to a party hip hop was playing as usual, then I overheard someone make a request for trance.

The Dj played it & then *poof* THE PEOPLE CLEARED THE FLOOR FASTER THAN ROACHES!!!

Anyone know any good progressive trance clubs in NYC besides EXIT (which is not good anymore)...*sigh*

Peace,

Funkysoul

:nopity::rolleyes: Trance is bla, house is the shit and hip-hop rocks

Originally posted by fierydesire

Yo Saturday its on, I'm looking for a venue but I could use some help here . . . :idea:

PS1 ---> pre-game at my house ---> hiphop lounge? what do you think? :tongue:

you better invite me bitch!;)

the problem is that people associate hip hop with being a ghetto ass. Hip Hop parties are better than a house , trance , tech , breaks etc etc party. the problem is what kinda crowd there is..

if you go to any upscale venue in nyc..where theyre somewhat selective with their crowd..its 100% a hip hop party...the reason is that they know everyone pretty much listens to hip hop..and with select clientele they dont have to worry about gettin shot the fuck up ...

im all for electronica...but i was raised on hip hop..and ill take a good hip hop party over a house party any day...just as long as i dont have to wear a vest

Originally posted by nychunk

its just a question of what most people prefer.. In the city most lounges play hip hop because they like it more, its plain and simple. If you go to miami though, its a different story, i mean they play DARUDE in CHINA GIRLL for god's sake.

I totally agree about the lounge part. All lounges play hip hop in the city and all your "superclubs" play house/trance/dance music. And they might have a small room for hiphop/rap/reggae

I love house but I'm a hip-hop dj and every Saturday, I rock hip-hop for over 1000 people (and its not a ghetto club)....to those of u that want a hip hop spot to party at, come to MATRIX in Poughkeepsie, NY.

www.matrixnightclub.net

Hit me up with an e-mail for guest list info.....this sat. is a siiiiiick pool party/foam party with sexy models coming through and representin!!

Originally posted by techny

i agree hip hop sux balls

Hip Hop started in the underground just like house. I don't know why there is so much hatred for something that had to fight to get attention. I remember listening to rap music late at night just so I could hear groups like epmd, de la soul, and BDP etc... Even people like Dr Dre, P Diddy, and Busta Rhymes have paid there dues many times over. It's popular now ok... When I was young there was no hip hop stations. Hot 103/97 back then played dance, pop, and freestyle. While there were people like me listening to Red Alert and Chuck Chill Out late night in the mix. So yes alot of clubs play hip hop but it payed its dues. Now if you think it sux that's ok cause that is just an opinion. But to be confused as to why there are hip hop clubs abound in NY and not trance ones considering NY was the birth place of hip hop you should easily understand.

Peace.

Originally posted by funkysoul

Sup everyone,

Peace,

i fuckin HATE all hip hop rap whatever that shit is, centro-fly has h/h rooms, but stay in the dance room, the always have a good line up of djs and play all diff. kinds of tech.

Funkysoul

Originally posted by laraver

I don't get the attraction to the hip hop thing.

The heads at parties getting down to it now are because they have had it fed to them from MTV, 24-7. The beats are too slow to dance to, unless all you want to do is grind.

The message is negative 90% of the time. (And don't give me that "The lyrics are just a product of the artists daily reality" bullshit) And to top it off it's either about bling bling, gangster posing, or I'm gonna bust a cap in your ass.

You don't have to worry about drivebye's, weapons, what colors your wearing etc., at a trance party.

Bottom line, I would rather have 12 year old, ravers, househeads, or tranceheads any day over a hip hop crowd.

Amen my brotha, AMEN

Originally posted by destinyschild

Hip Hop started in the underground just like house. I don't know why there is so much hatred for something that had to fight to get attention. I remember listening to rap music late at night just so I could hear groups like epmd, de la soul, and BDP etc... Even people like Dr Dre, P Diddy, and Busta Rhymes have paid there dues many times over. It's popular now ok... When I was young there was no hip hop stations. Hot 103/97 back then played dance, pop, and freestyle. While there were people like me listening to Red Alert and Chuck Chill Out late night in the mix. So yes alot of clubs play hip hop but it payed its dues. Now if you think it sux that's ok cause that is just an opinion. But to be confused as to why there are hip hop clubs abound in NY and not trance ones considering NY was the birth place of hip hop you should easily understand.

Peace.

my friends luvs hip hop/ the old stuff is cool, but all that new shit sux, hardcore sux