Clubplanet Nightlife Community

renaissance resident dj marcus james

jcbliss

for those of you not familiar, across the pond in the UK at a superclub called renaissance, they have a wicked resident dj named marcus james - today I recieved my advance copy of the sound of renaissance mixed by marcus james and I was completely blown away.. the fucking cd is amazing and its no wonder such a talent has earned the honor of resident dj at one of the finest club nights in the Universe.. here is marcus's bio just for you too take a peek at - pretty damn impressive if i do say so myself...:idea:

MARCUS JAMES

BIOGRAPHY

D.O.B: Too long ago!

Sex: Male

Residence: Nottingham

Profession: What's work?

Weight: Hey mister, get off the scales!

Star sign: Virgo by birth, Leo by nature

Most used phrase (not including swearing): Top

Fashion: Avoiding anything with a collar like the plague

Smokes: Marlboro Lights

Drink: Red wine or vodka, preferably lots of either

Marcus James began DJing on the sunny shores of Blackpool during the halcyon days of the North West boom in 1990/91. Instantly captivated, a set of decks in the form of a birthday present lead to hours of bedroom turntablism. Today this timely investment is paying dividends as, alongside guesting at some of the finest clubs around the country, Marcus is one of the Renaissance residents.

Marcus's professional career initially began via a number of competition successes in 1996. First was the opportunity to spin at the Hacienda's 'Young, Gifted and Slack', a night devoted to exposing the best up and coming DJ's from around the UK. However, it was shortly after this the real breakthrough came in the guise of Muzik Magazine's (then relatively new) Bedroom Bedlam. This national exposure was highlighted further the following July when the magazine included him in the 'Cream of Bedroom Bedlam', a feature article pinpointing six previous winners who were most likely to explode onto the club scene.

Since then Marcus has remained true to the article's promise and his CV now includes Cream, Ministry of Sound, Basics, Gatecrasher, Golden and, of course, Renaissance. He has also been developing his international profile and has played as far afield as Miami, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore (Zouk), Brazil (Sao Paolo), Amsterdam, Germany, Beirut, Montreal (Angel Moraes’ Stereo club), Hungary, Romania, Denmark, Ibiza and Harrogate to name but a few.

In a statement to Muzik Geoff Oakes said, "...listening to his tapes I get the same feeling I had when I first heard Digweed." This compliment truly sums up Marcus's versatile musical style, being as comfortable playing deep US/UK house as he is with the more commonly associated peak time progressive fare.

Outside of the DJ circuit Marcus has started a monthly one-hour radio mix for the 'Renaissance Clubland Collective', which is broadcast weekly on the Ministry of Sound's Digital station. This is also streamed through to their award winning web site, currently averaging 500,000 hits a month!

In June, 2001 he teamed up with fellow Renaissance resident Nigel Dawson to do a mix CD for Muzik's Ibiza cover mount, which was the year's best selling issue. Last year Marcus completed his first full mix album - 'The Sound of Renaissance', a 2 x CD compilation set, now on general release. On the subject of this Marcus says, "I think all at Renaissance were keen to produce an album that people would want to listen to. My sound has always been slightly housier and vocal, so the album gave me the perfect canvas to express this."

Marcus has just finished the follow-up to ‘The Sound of Renaissance’, which is out now. On the subject of the mix, Marcus says, “It was great to have the opportunity to continue the ‘TSOR’ series. It was a repeated challenge which I hope people will have as much fun listening to as I did mixing it.†The album has since been released to critical acclaim, picking up ‘Album of the Month’ in M8 and Ministry, Australia!

In the midst of all this Marcus also finds time to work in the Renaissance office, where he generally lounges around listening to music on the pretence of running the Renaissance/USR record labels. So, if you hear any tracks on either which don't appeal, direct all complaints to him!

With production a high priority, continued exposure and bookings throughout the year the future for Marcus is both bright and exciting…

get this cd people - its absolutely mind blowing... this is the guy too look out for~

:D:cool: :cool:

Originally posted by andrewthomas

euro trashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lolololol

j/k

-not even close bud - lol - i had the privledge of playing with this kat last year in the UK - he is the bomb! simply amazing!!!

Originally posted by jcbliss

for those of you not familiar, across the pond in the UK at a superclub called renaissance, they have a wicked resident dj named marcus james - today I recieved my advance copy of the sound of renaissance mixed by marcus james and I was completely blown away.. the fucking cd is amazing and its no wonder such a talent has earned the honor of resident dj at one of the finest club nights in the Universe.. here is marcus's bio just for you too take a peek at - pretty damn impressive if i do say so myself...:idea:

MARCUS JAMES

BIOGRAPHY

D.O.B: Too long ago!

Sex: Male

Residence: Nottingham

Profession: What's work?

Weight: Hey mister, get off the scales!

Star sign: Virgo by birth, Leo by nature

Most used phrase (not including swearing): Top

Fashion: Avoiding anything with a collar like the plague

Smokes: Marlboro Lights

Drink: Red wine or vodka, preferably lots of either

Marcus James began DJing on the sunny shores of Blackpool during the halcyon days of the North West boom in 1990/91. Instantly captivated, a set of decks in the form of a birthday present lead to hours of bedroom turntablism. Today this timely investment is paying dividends as, alongside guesting at some of the finest clubs around the country, Marcus is one of the Renaissance residents.

Marcus's professional career initially began via a number of competition successes in 1996. First was the opportunity to spin at the Hacienda's 'Young, Gifted and Slack', a night devoted to exposing the best up and coming DJ's from around the UK. However, it was shortly after this the real breakthrough came in the guise of Muzik Magazine's (then relatively new) Bedroom Bedlam. This national exposure was highlighted further the following July when the magazine included him in the 'Cream of Bedroom Bedlam', a feature article pinpointing six previous winners who were most likely to explode onto the club scene.

Since then Marcus has remained true to the article's promise and his CV now includes Cream, Ministry of Sound, Basics, Gatecrasher, Golden and, of course, Renaissance. He has also been developing his international profile and has played as far afield as Miami, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore (Zouk), Brazil (Sao Paolo), Amsterdam, Germany, Beirut, Montreal (Angel Moraes’ Stereo club), Hungary, Romania, Denmark, Ibiza and Harrogate to name but a few.

In a statement to Muzik Geoff Oakes said, "...listening to his tapes I get the same feeling I had when I first heard Digweed." This compliment truly sums up Marcus's versatile musical style, being as comfortable playing deep US/UK house as he is with the more commonly associated peak time progressive fare.

Outside of the DJ circuit Marcus has started a monthly one-hour radio mix for the 'Renaissance Clubland Collective', which is broadcast weekly on the Ministry of Sound's Digital station. This is also streamed through to their award winning web site, currently averaging 500,000 hits a month!

In June, 2001 he teamed up with fellow Renaissance resident Nigel Dawson to do a mix CD for Muzik's Ibiza cover mount, which was the year's best selling issue. Last year Marcus completed his first full mix album - 'The Sound of Renaissance', a 2 x CD compilation set, now on general release. On the subject of this Marcus says, "I think all at Renaissance were keen to produce an album that people would want to listen to. My sound has always been slightly housier and vocal, so the album gave me the perfect canvas to express this."

Marcus has just finished the follow-up to ‘The Sound of Renaissance’, which is out now. On the subject of the mix, Marcus says, “It was great to have the opportunity to continue the ‘TSOR’ series. It was a repeated challenge which I hope people will have as much fun listening to as I did mixing it.†The album has since been released to critical acclaim, picking up ‘Album of the Month’ in M8 and Ministry, Australia!

In the midst of all this Marcus also finds time to work in the Renaissance office, where he generally lounges around listening to music on the pretence of running the Renaissance/USR record labels. So, if you hear any tracks on either which don't appeal, direct all complaints to him!

With production a high priority, continued exposure and bookings throughout the year the future for Marcus is both bright and exciting…

get this cd people - its absolutely mind blowing... this is the guy too look out for~

:bounce::D ... Marcus James' Renaissance CD is awesome ... have never sen him spin live :D ... can't wait to listen to the new one :eek: ...

Renaissance ... at NERVE? :eek::D :D :D

I <3 this little club ... :hat:

Originally posted by vipnerd

:bounce::D ... Marcus James' Renaissance CD is awesome ... have never sen him spin live :D ... can't wait to listen to the new one :eek: ...

Renaissance ... at NERVE? :eek::D :D :D

I <3 this little club ... :hat:

anything is possible right marco?? hope too see you tonight for the playboy event.. happy 4th my friends - :cool:

:rock: first heard a renaissance cd with marcus james & nigel dawson back in 2000. it was wicked. would be nice to hear him @ nerve sometime. i just love everything about the renaissance era. the way i call it...the renaissance era was a special place in time. where love was pure and true. and where beauty was found in many different places such as the arts, music, family, and most of all like i said before true love such as true marriage and true relationships. not like now, where u r fortunate to find a partner that will truely love u for u and not ur money or your house and shit like that. that is the meaning of renaissance for me.

sorry to get so carried away but the word "renaissance" means a lot to me. kind of like back in May 5th 2001. U remember jon. U & Dave Seaman @ Crobar for the Renaissance:Project Eros Night. Where the night in shining armor courted his fair lady on one of the stages. I will never forget that night. The true meaning of Renaissance. I would love to see a renaissance party @ nerve sometime.

Peace;)

Originally posted by mrmovement33

:rock: first heard a renaissance cd with marcus james & nigel dawson back in 2000. it was wicked. would be nice to hear him @ nerve sometime. i just love everything about the renaissance era. the way i call it...the renaissance era was a special place in time. where love was pure and true. and where beauty was found in many different places such as the arts, music, family, and most of all like i said before true love such as true marriage and true relationships. not like now, where u r fortunate to find a partner that will truely love u for u and not ur money or your house and shit like that. that is the meaning of renaissance for me.

sorry to get so carried away but the word "renaissance" means a lot to me. kind of like back in May 5th 2001. U remember jon. U & Dave Seaman @ Crobar for the Renaissance:Project Eros Night. Where the night in shining armor courted his fair lady on one of the stages. I will never forget that night. The true meaning of Renaissance. I would love to see a renaissance party @ nerve sometime.

Peace;)

Heard that Renaissance CD as after hours yesterday morning ... it's amazing ... :D :D :D

I wanna listen to the new one Jon :mad::eek: :eek:

Renaissance is back ... as Jon stated in his original post ...

Here is a link to the new release ... one that brings back the beauty of what Renaissance means in the dance music industry ...

http://www.renaissanceuk.com/eflyers/tsor_vol2/eflyer.html

T/L :

Disc: 1

1. Spirits (Reprise) - Schmoov

2. Midnight (Dub) - Solaris Heights

3. Greedy Planet - Blue Haze

4. Turning It On (Acapella)/(Low End Specialties Mix) - Mara

5. Thru 2 You (Nova Scotia's Concrete Mix) - Echomen

6. Sexophobia (Original Mix) - Niquid

7. Nosferatu - Dr. Kucho

8. Prophecies (Main Mix) - Innervision

9. Again & Again - Phil Drummond

10. Wild Luv (Superchumbo Roach)/Are You A Freak? (Acapella) - Roach Motel

11. Respond - Sidekick

12. Dancing Queen (You Know What I Mean?) - Polekat

Disc: 2

1. Release Yourself - The Robo Tourist

2. Herweijer - Devils Dance

3. Turn To Try - Gardener & Thomas

4. Everlasting Life (Percussion Mix) - Jon Carter

5. Be Free (Chus & Cebellos Mix) - Andy Caldwell

6. Dirty Sticky Floors (Lexicon Avenue Vocal Mix) - Dave Gahan

7. De Morra De (Ashes Mix) - Casa Flava

8. Solid Textures (Original Mix) - DJ Vibe

9. Little Fluffy Clouds (Danny Tenaglia Detour Mix) - The Orb

10. Jesus Or The Devil (Freeloader Mix) - Kwirky

11. Strings Of Life - DJ Ramirez Presents Kela

For more info on the release ... and to listen to some samples... http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00009WNPE/ref%3Dsr%5Faps%5Fmusic%5F1%5F1/202-5508644-4943860

:D :D