Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Have you never been clubing by yourself?

coolpet

this topic comes up every now and again :) . my views on it have changed over time.

when i went home to new york after college and didn't have any friends who liked to go out dancing, i didn't go out for 6 months. it took a rave with a particularly interesting lineup to get myself out and brave a party alone (i'm gonna talk about that party tomorrow, actually; it was a pivotal night in my life, 3 years ago tomorrow :D ).

after that night, i went out alone all the time. but i kept running into the same people, and always had fun talking to new people, too.

but now that i live out here and go out with my friends whenever i go out, if no one wants to go out to an event or just out on a night that i do, i tend not to go at all. i think it's just 'cause i've been spoiled. and people aren't as approachable in clubland as they are at raves; i think that has something to do with getting older and putting up walls. i find it's a lot harder to start up conversations with strangers when they're older, even though it's definitely easier in l.a. than it is in new york.

but if it's a dj that i really love, i'll go alone :cool: .

well, I guess I am having the same problem as you. all my friends are not really into clubbing. a lot of time, I really want to go, but I end up staying at home and do nothing, cuz I guess I just don't really like to go out all by myself.

Great topic/thread. Could write volumes on this subject. Here's basically a highlight of thoughts.

Partying solo

Good for:

- forces you to be more outgoing to meet people because you didnt come to the club with someone you can talk with.

Bad for:

- referencing. This town, wrongfully so, is allll about referencing. People always ask you when you are out "who did you come with" which is and isnt relevant. It IS because your friends are a reflection on you. It ISNT because if you like the person you shouldnt care (initially) about what their friends are like.

Finally ...

No matter what, if you want go out, go out. Dont stay home because you know what ? .... you're going to meet someone special and next time you wont have to party alone :)

- signed Dr. Phil (just kiddin)

i go out alone quite a bit.. and strangely enough it is when i go out alone i have the most fun! i get nervous about it sometime and am rather bored when i first arrive, but i'll go if i know other ppl who are going, and i always end up runnin into them and meeting new ppl etc. i would have missed out on some really amazing nights if i had decided not to go just because i didnt want to go alone. :)

Originally posted by girlhopeful

i go out alone quite a bit.. and strangely enough it is when i go out alone i have the most fun! i get nervous about it sometime and am rather bored when i first arrive, but i'll go if i know other ppl who are going, and i always end up runnin into them and meeting new ppl etc. i would have missed out on some really amazing nights if i had decided not to go just because i didnt want to go alone. :)

Way 2 go! Big up ya! I think the end of your statement said it all... you'll never know what you're going to miss out on, if you don't get out of the house and attempt some fun!:hat:

Originally posted by diabolique007

until I fell in love I went out all the time bymyself...it's great! NO one to deal with, you can be completely selfish

Originally posted by diabolique007

now when I go out by myself it feels weird to be alone...

exactly.

I think the key is to become a regular at your favorite hotspots, then you'll always run into ppl you know. I prefer going out alone actually..like I said...the night belongs to you and you alone

at least you know who you're going with at the end of the night. :tongue: