Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Maze reviews....

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

i'm gonna send one into cooljunkie, so i won't go into detail...

booth wasn't done... maze fucked it up!

TS was ok at best... Ralph was much better, club was packed for the most part, good vibe, lots of pigeons but TS isn't for maze, his style is more of that underground feel.... His set went no where... and at 3am, we jetted...

had a good time as usual at maze .. thanks to eddy/nelson :) .. tom stephan was ok .. first time hearing him .. RIDE THE SNAKE sounded real good though. Mad props to the UBU boys. Nice to see almost everyone from the Miami scene out supportin' :)

MURK/Southside just to name a few : )

Missed ralphs opening set :( but this was night 3 of 5 of partying. :)

Lookin forward to next week with Ralph and Sheldon .. I have heard many good things about this guy. Let's see if he lives up to it.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by rcrespo

had a good time as usual at maze .. thanks to eddy/nelson :) .. tom stephan was ok .. first time hearing him .. RIDE THE SNAKE sounded real good though. Mad props to the UBU boys. Nice to see almost everyone from the Miami scene out supportin' :)

MURK/Southside just to name a few : )

Missed ralphs opening set :( but this was night 3 of 5 of partying. :)

Lookin forward to next week with Ralph and Sheldon .. I have heard many good things about this guy. Let's see if he lives up to it.

sheldon is going to rock it, the track he will play, no djs play down here.. he is a true nyc dj... he will play it all and just fuck with tracks and use acapellas... more crowd friendly and creates more of that fun vibe then just boring beats like last night... oh and i'm sure hes gonna bust out a classic or two...

Guest saleen351

oh, and edgar v was wasted and doing the Tempts chant....

THE REVOLUTION IS ON TRACK............

ETA SOONNNNNNNNNNNNN...

wasn't into RF's set at all, way to hard and dark for an empty room at 12 AM, monotonous tribal, nothing musical about it, just beats... gotta give the guy respect for producing one of my favorite house tracks years before I even got into house, but haven't heard anything good from him as a DJ yet....

by the time TS came on I was so relieved to hear some actual house music, I think he kept a good balance between underground and mainstream, kept the kids entertained, and me too, which is a rare combination

Guest saleen351

i agree ralph was banging it out wayyyyyyyyy too hard early on, but i'd take his opening set over TS entire set....

enjoyed what I heard of Ralph’s set, he works the room very well. he knows when to lay the hammer down, and keep the energy level way up. I remember the days, when you would go into Maze, and there would be no peepz out dancing on the floor. Tom Stephan’s set is exactly what I wanted to hear, nice hard driving beats. not quite as tribally as I expected, but the shit was tight. I was at maze until almost 4:30 and peepz where still ripping shit up on the dance floor. :cool:

big ups to Nelson and Eddy for the hospitality once again. Eddy bro wtf happen to you kidd?? I saw you for like 5 mins. :(

major props to OG, Edgar V, and Jimmy T for coming out and supporting, shows nothing but pure class. :aright:nice to finally meet Ralph, keep bringing the phat beats dawg.. :)

big how you doing to the CP folks in da house keeping it real.

Originally posted by eKiTeL

wasn't into RF's set at all, way to hard and dark for an empty room at 12 AM, monotonous tribal, nothing musical about it, just beats... gotta give the guy respect for producing one of my favorite house tracks years before I even got into house, but haven't heard anything good from him as a DJ yet....

I totally agree with you on this. The dude can produce some bad ass tracks but as a DJ he wasn't my cup of tea. I like to hear music with a progression of chords, melodies, vocals, changes in tempo yada yada yada. When I checked him out last week it all sounded like the same hard, driving beat. Nothing wrong with that alot of people on the board like that, it's just not for me.

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

I totally agree with you on this. The dude can produce some bad ass tracks but as a DJ he wasn't my cup of tea. I like to hear music with a progression of chords, melodies, vocals, changes in tempo yada yada yada. When I checked him out last week it all sounded like the same hard, driving beat. Nothing wrong with that alot of people on the board like that, it's just not for me.

I think that stuff would've been perfect for Space at around 4:00 AM, or maybe they play even nastier around that time over there, but anyway they were all very solid tracks, calculated to rock the house for sure, but like you said I need some musical content, but not too much either, which is why I don't dig all that deep stuff anymore ("uh, that flute solo really rocks, right?" :confused: )

by the time TS came on I was so relieved to hear some actual house music, I think he kept a good balance between underground and mainstream, kept the kids entertained, and me too, which is a rare combination

Ahhh refreshing to hear some disses finaly! Nice to know people are actually listening. Ok kiddies take out your pencils and papers and jot down these few little do's and don'ts of DJing 101. I know most here aren't DJs and never will be, but its important to know this stuff anyway. #1. Never show up a DJ durring an opening set! This is a no no! As much as you wanted to hear Cher's "do you believe in love" and as much as I was dying to play it, it just should not be done. Maybe Tom would of wanted to rock that track and I would have just stolen the spotlight by playing it. #2. leave the progression of chords, melodies, vocals, changes in tempo for the car ride home on Love 94. and finaly #3. "cup of tea", is for old farts who listen to love 94, dont' drink it!

See y'all next week at Maze / Aug 1st Pacha Ibiza:smoke:

Originally posted by ralphfalcon

Ahhh refreshing to hear some disses finaly! Nice to know people are actually listening. Ok kiddies take out your pencils and papers and jot down these few little do's and don'ts of DJing 101. I know most here aren't DJs and never will be, but its important to know this stuff anyway. #1. Never show up a DJ durring an opening set! This is a no no! As much as you wanted to hear Cher's "do you believe in love" and as much as I was dying to play it, it just should not be done. Maybe Tom would of wanted to rock that track and I would have just stolen the spotlight by playing it. #2. leave the progression of chords, melodies, vocals, changes in tempo for the car ride home on Love 94. and finaly #3. "cup of tea", is for old farts who listen to love 94, dont' drink it!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

good to see you've got a sense of humor about it... please play Cher next time though, I just can't get enough of that woman :tongue:

thnks for those wonderful tips Mr Falcon I'll stick to coffee from now on :blank:

Guest saleen351

I think TS was too dark, too much tribal and it went no where for hours... Insane mixing, but went no where.

Drums for 10 mins

mini build up

into more drums

drums for 10 mins

bigger build up

into drums for 20 mins

kept repeating etc etc etc

went no where...

Ralph on the other hand, banged it out a little too much in my opinion but it was still good, but he dropped the tempo down. At 1130 he was banging it out, then for some reason some time after midnight he brought it down a bit.. Couldn't figure it out...

I think SR next week is really gonna play the way a dj should play, ralph is good don't get me wrong and og is great, but they are not diverse like nyc djs.. SR WILL ACTUALLY PLAY A VOCAL!:eek:

and ralph, PUT DOWN THE BEER BROTHER.. I THINK YOU ONLY DJ FOR THE FREE BEER:D

and your boy og seemed to make it a pt when he asked me about my official review that i include the booth bs.... don't worry, i'm gonna hammer them...;)

ps the lights last night were insane... best in florida hands down.. might be best i've ever seen...

btw eKiTeL , i see you are looking for dirty cash. I went to HS with one of them who did the track, they post on this board. djdeanmassi, you can pm him, or check out

http://www.masimello.com

tell em saleen sent ya...

:) you played the beats that had people on the dance floor. in the end that's what matters. your average clubber, could give two shits about cords, melodies, tempo, etc. people want to hear beats, which get their arse’s moving.

keep tearing shit up for the MASSES. it is very much appreciated..:cool:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: LMAO! I'm a new jack OG smacks me up the board all the time. I knew it was only a matter of time before the other funky green dog was gonna do it.

Thanks to EG & nelson :D

IMO TS was just ok. To long and drawn out for my liking.

On the other hand RF was right on. It was a bitt to loud for the early time but still good shit.

Saleen is right about the light. WOW they were just something else. I never saw those light up top that change from purple to red. I guess they are new :confused: They looked really great.

Originally posted by rcrespo

I want Dirty Cash (David Morales Zone Mix) on vinyl .. ideas saleen? :)

didn't I see you once mention a Danny Howells remix of said track here on the list???? was that a CDR or whitelabel or something?

the thing I like about the Masi & Mello mix it sounds so underground, low-budget bootleg style, super raw, w/too much reverb on the bongos...

Originally posted by sobeton

:) your average clubber, could give two shits about cords, melodies, tempo, etc. people want to hear beats, which get their arse’s moving.

:rolleyes: tell that to all the Trance-Heads on the list

Guest saleen351

the thing I like about the Masi & Mello mix it sounds so underground, low-budget bootleg style, super raw, w/too much reverb on the bongos...

they took over their parents living room and made the closet a singing booth... they produce all their tunes right there...