Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The question of the week. Did LP fire the cheese...?

Guest saleen351

Originally posted by ogmiami

The bottom line is that until a club CAN compete with Space34...no club WILL compete with them. Right now S34 is the best club in the country...

20,000+ square ft

24 hour booze

Multiple rooms

Patio

Great Sound and lights

Quality, serious, professional, management

Long term contacts in the industry

Win at all cost attitude

Until someone can claim all that and more, LP is as safe as can be. My advice for all these new places is "Don't try to compete with Space34. Find your own niche and crowd and make them happy. There are people out there who don't go to S34...find a way to attract them."

Cheers,

Dade

Amen to that Dade ... :hat:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by andrewthomas

WRONG AGAIN

country does not = florida for all u spaniards

no way does space even compare to the size of sound factory or exit

Are you kidding me? Have you ever been to Exit or SF? All they have is size. As music venues they cant hold a candle. And by the way, I am not a "Spaniard" and am well aware of the world outside Miami...and I still say that S34 is the "best" club in the country...but what do I know?

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by ogmiami

Are you kidding me? Have you ever been to Exit or SF? All they have is size. As music venues they cant hold a candle. And by the way, I am not a "Spaniard" and am well aware of the world outside Miami...and I still say that S34 is the "best" club in the country...but what do I know?

SF was here before space and will be here after disney 34..

packed to the rafters with no guest djs and 30 dollar covers and great tunes....

disney 34 is a joke... give me old space or give me death!!!

Originally posted by buenagente

NV with have a BIG NAME dj VERY SOON ... :eek:

One big guest DJ does not make a club...

In order for them to compete, they better have at least one decent guest DJ a month, more if possible...along with a strong local resident. Plus the oft-mentioned person or people with good business sense outside of "let's open up a club so I can get laid"...

Originally posted by saleen351

packed to the rafters with no guest djs and 30 dollar covers and great tunes....

disney 34 is a joke... give me old space or give me death!!!

You are missing the evolution Saleen ...

Last Saturday ... you had:

- A dark main room ... with the right light effects ...

- More good looking girls I ever saw at either Space ...

- A vibe even better than when DT came to the old Space back in January 11th ...

And the terrace ... it is simply amazing ... the nite was even a fresh one compared to others ... can you imagine that patio in November - February? :eek:

As to what Dade said ... I'm gonna tell you where to focus ...

You ... AT and a few others insist in the NY/NJ music ... that is a niche ... it won't be easy to establish ... because Miami doesn't have the Newyorikan crowd that NY clubs have ... but it is achievable ...

When season comes ... the snowbirds from the tri-state area will broaden your club base ...

Downtown could do it ... as a matter of fact ... it could drag a few of the "circuit" boyz as well ...

But if this goes thru ... it is called success ... it means growing your own niche ... has less to do with hurting Space 34 ... and that is what Dade implied ...

To hurt a club ... establishd 3 years ago and known by EVERY serious clubber worldwide ... with that monster infrastructure ... with some of the biggest djs locked down ... with two very successful residents ... etc ... it takes a lot more than a big wallet ... it takes knowing the business... it means having the contacts ... it means building the name of your club and gain brand recognition ... aka LOYALTY ...

Therefore ... instead of going after Space 34 ... other venues should try to establish their own formatt ... for how long will a club be willing to lose money ? ... when they can wisely invest those same $$$ and develop their own? :confused: :confused:

Peace :hat:

Space is great & I'm lookin' to take Marcus to dinner sometime this week so we can re-structure my Space legend contract once again..........

People that go to Space put up their arms up for the DJs, so now, they got to bring in more djs and too many are confirming ivano is half sweedish, half italian...

Nerve thing bombed, after OG & Roland tore the place up droppin' bomb after bomb on the dance floor, so tiesto can't play there every week when Space has such great residents like OG & Roland....

it's official, you heard it here first. The Saleen is looking to be a Space Legend again!

He has caved in.

:laugh:

I guess u got lonely?

You are so fake!

You just noticed that no-one was joining your 1 man crew.

Let this be my first serious and honest statement on CP.!!!!!!!

If everything I ever stated about the Saleen was in joke and just for fun, but this is by far sad.

After all the personal attack you made on LP, Markusm and space it self you dear to make the above statement.

I don't know how to put it into words.

You’re a hypocrite... without logic or reason.

Have fun at space.! I think they are going to make you feel out of place there.

:blah::jerkoff::ghey:

Originally posted by nexusgroove

He has caved in.

You are so fake!

You just noticed that no-one was joining your 1 man crew.

Let this be my first serious and honest statement on CP.!!!!!!!

If everything I ever stated about the Saleen was in joke and just for fun, but this is by far sad.

After all the personal attack you made on LP, Markusm and space it self you dear to make the above statement.

I don't know how to put it into words.

You’re a hypocrite... without logic or reason.

Have fun at space.! I think they are going to make you feel out of place there.

:blah::jerkoff::ghey:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I guess you missed the joke.

Originally posted by saleen351

the point they are making is that when u say "Globally" SF and EXIT dont cut it...Space is uttered around the world and country...i just would like to see an "alternative" to Space...and it starts with A KIND AND COURTEOUS STAFF (I.E. Maze)....Maze can revoke their lists and open bar policy, but i will keep going back...b/c of the way i am treated by the staff (bartenders and including the BOUNCERS!!!!!!)