Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Back to The Edge! Friday night July 25th

meng

It's about fucking time, folks! Hallucination Recordings presents "Beyond The Edge" Friday night July 25th at the good ol' Edge in Ft. Lauderdale (the chili pepper). Here is the lineup:

JACKAL AND HYDE

jh.jpg

Jackal & Hyde have been called "the purveyors of the hardcore-electro sound" (electro-core), a combination of industrial laden electro beats, and psychotic keys. Jackal & Hyde was formed in 1998 by partners Scott Weiser, and Todd Walker in an effort to combine a harder edge sound with the dancefloor sensibility of Electro or "Techno-Bass". Besides their original work, Jackal & Hyde's sound has been requested for multiple remix productions including Kid Rock, Love & Rockets, and Biochip C. Scott Weiser, who is most recognized for his work in I.B.M. (Industrial Bass Machine), and the duo Dynamix II, who have written such dancefloor classics as "Give The DJ A Break" and "Feel The Bass", has been writing and producing dance music for over a decade. Scott's influences range anywhere from classic Industrial to Classical, while partner Todd Walker's influences come from Miami Ghetto Bass and Industrial Dance. As Jackal & Hyde, Scott and Todd push the boundaries of dance music and set the standards for the new school of electro.

DJ MONK

monk.jpg

From small dark clubs to massive outdoor festivals, turning it out week in and week out - it is here where you, the subterranean public may encounter The Monk...... the Mack-Of-All-Trades, DJ/producer/artist and overall hustler of culture. Banging out a soundtrack of underground party music that jumps from ghetto house to slamming disco-tech and twisted techno, to drum and bass rinse-outs, the dreadlocked Monk punishes the DJ mixer crossfader as he works one record against another in a style that owes more to hip hop than to conventional club DJ'ing. See it for yourself and you'll understand why he has a strong following of enthusiastic party people around the country. If Monk can't make yo' booty move, yo' booty must be dead!

DJFX & Sean Bauzay

image016.jpg

This is going to be our third event with Hallucination and nothing can be better than to play with these guys at the old Edge. This is a show that you should really not miss!

:party: :party: :party:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by meli2444

So many memories of that place......Has it been remodeled or is it still the same?

It's been remodeled several times since it changed to the Chili Pepper in the late nineties but it's basically the same main room with the stage and the two floors; and the patio is still there also. This party is going to kick ass, no doubt about it.

Originally posted by clubchikee

Wasn't that some other club recently after it was the Chili Pepper??? But anywho, I'm glad they changed it back to the Edge, had many great nights there!

They didn't change it to The Edge again. This is just for this event.

Originally posted by clubchikee

AY Meng! Always enlightening me! Thank you OB1!

The force is strong with you. :D

You will be at The Edge that evening.....oh yes you will.....*uses jedi mind trick*

Originally posted by phrankadelic

heard there's no more pit area (in front of the stage). not sure if that's correct or not.

not sure but I heard that the main room is the same with the pit in front of the stage and the two floors.....with so many changes that have gone on at that place it's probable that the pit was removed and possibly added back....who knows...

Originally posted by fliptoniaaa

AAAAAHHHHHHHH memories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u know i may be to messed up to remember any of my edge partying days....heres to the good olden days coming round again!!!!!!!!!

Sunday mornings were quite memorable at the Edge even if you were messed up. ;)

Back then it cost 3 dollars to get in to the Edge and at 11am the bartenders would place cups with water and ice on the bar so people could just take them....imagine free water.....

hey....nice pics from bunnysworld.com! That party was out of hand--anyone see the booty and Jackal & hyde boobies? all compliments of a hot schoolteacher--woot woot! Of course I'll be there to cheer on Meng and DJFX. They rocked the house so good last time, everyone was too pooped to yell & carry on by the time housewrecka came on. I'm so proud! :D

:party:

Guest saleen351

Its called Venue/Starbar...

pit is gone, sound is ok at best, lights are .... well there is lights...

club is big, its nice, star bar is cool, they just can't seem to get anyone to pack it..

major issue is getting people to walk over that way.. its in the corner and reg traffic doesn't wander that way... If you do a party, you must rent those light trucks.. Take is from someone who threw the best party down there and is a lauderdale whore;)

also, since it's a friday, you will compete with voodoo and alure for the clubbing crowd...

You wont beat voodoo, no one can, we came close but still didn't top them, alure does alright, but i don't see this party working at all, but good luck, get your hype machine and phones working asap... lauderdale is a tough sell...