Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Spundae Party Orchid @ Grand Avenue Any Good???

The Grand Opening will be this Friday with Ashley Casselle (Gatecrasher) and Joshua Ryan (System Recordings) ... I have never been to Grand Avenue and am not familiar with these DJs; does anyone think this will be a decent party?

Hows Grand Avenue?

Anyone know the style and sound of the DJs and what to expect?

Thanks!

i liked ashley casselle, but only saw him once and don't remember his style enough to describe it. i guess that's telling, in a way. he's trance of some sort.

but, unless they renovated since june 2002, grand avenue blows. i went to see pvd there last june and i barely heard pvd because it was so damn hot in there that all i could stand to do was stay outside. and consider this: the gig was from 3am to 11am, and the late morning l.a. summer sun was still cooler than inside of that damn club. the downstairs was entirely separate from the rest of it, and there was no flow in that joint.

but i would hope something's been done to fix some of those issues by now.

I was just there a couple months ago and it wasnt that bad because it wasnt completely packed. I went a different time when it got packed and i could not stand it.

I hope they clean the place up because it was the filthiest club i have ever been in.

Even though it was hot and dirty in there, the DJs and the vibe those nights made it worth my drive from SD.