Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BMW 6-series: another ugly BMW

the new 6-series is based on the 5-series sedan. It will use a 333 hp 4.4 liter V8 initially, with a 272hp 3.5 liter V8 and 231hp 3.0 I6 coming sometime after launch.

an M6 will also be available, with a 500 to 550 ho V10.

a convertible will be offered as well.

it will weigh about 3500 pounds (50% front, 50% rear)

0-60 time for the 645Ci is estimated to be 5.6 seconds.

prices arent released yet, but i would expect the 630Ci to start in the mid-$40s (a bit less than the CLK).

attachment.php?s=&postid=1568922

for the money, i'd rather have a Corvette or CLK500 :rolleyes:

they're trying to become too trendy with their styling and i think it's going to hurt them. Whoever is their designer ought to be fired.

BMW's were always known for clean, CRISP and ORIGINAL lines.

this stuff looks less like a car and more like an art abstract.

Or maybe a combo of a Chrysler nose section and a Porsche tail end with some rims in poor taste.

Yea I gotta admit that some of the new model bimmers needs some work done. The only thing Chris Bangel (BMW main guy behind DESIGN) haven't messed up on yet is the M6 which is due out sometimes next year together with the new V10 //M5, expect both cars to be around 80k+ when released. I currently role around in a 3series, I did some work on that car to remove it from the crowd a bit. I don't think I might get another BMW.

Originally posted by barslut

Yes GM has all the hype now , photoshops of camaros , oh and that new impala SS , soooo dope , dont forget the malibu , that bitch is slammin.

don't forget the cavelier... theres a great aftermarket with tons of riced out body kits for it... its the only american RICER i can think of... ;)

Originally posted by saleen351

ummmmmmmmmmm

z06????

CLR

XLR

500hp C6

i think GM does just fine....

on the high end, maybe

but on the low end, high volume segment (which supports GM's riskier luxury ventures)...GM is in the dark ages. Never a good thing.

not to mention that GM is killing Saab. Starving it of investment and firing its engineering staff were two brilliant moves. Saab's reliabilty rating have been in freefall since GM took over. Look for GM's Saab SUV to make things much worse.

thats also not mentioning Fiat.....

the z06 is the only GM car i have any interest in...

that wouldn't be too bad if they didn't own like 10 different brands...

i actually had a thing for the WS6 firebird for a long time... i was sad to see that go...

i think chevy should just scrap its lineup and only make the vette...

move anything that makes money to another name... i don't think the vette should be on the same roster as the cavelier and the tahoe, and whatevadafuck else they make these days..

Originally posted by barslut

love it

the old six looks better than the new... personally these new bmw stylings by chris bangle are a lil too aggressive/quasi-futuristic for me... maybe im not ready for them maybe this is the way of the future... but if thats the case i hope it isnt... however i must admit the new seven series is growing on me, however i will always have a certain aversion to it because of that hideous trunk...

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

attachment.php?s=&postid=1568922

Beamer really went overboard with the styling. You would think with all the negative reviews the 7 series got they would actually do something about it. Unless the bigwigs decided to wait it out hoping the look would grow on people. The front is trully hideous :shake: