Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
teklord310

Brake fluid ?

I did the rotors/pads on the Volvo a few days ago and today I bled the system with SuperBlue. It was my first time doing it, I have a pressure bleeder tank to use. Everything went ok... a little messy though. Obviously brake fluid is highly toxic, i got some on my hands and it burned like hell. I rinsed with lots of water immediately. I did have 2 fresh small scrapes that came in contact with the fluid.

Any specific concerns?

Originally posted by teklord310

I did the rotors/pads on the Volvo a few days ago and today I bled the system with SuperBlue. It was my first time doing it, I have a pressure bleeder tank to use. Everything went ok... a little messy though. Obviously brake fluid is highly toxic, i got some on my hands and it burned like hell. I rinsed with lots of water immediately. I did have 2 fresh small scrapes that came in contact with the fluid.

Any specific concerns?

\

you should be ok. just ash your hand with hand cleaner afterwards...

1.) Don't lick it.

2.) Wash it off when you're done

3.) Of course its warm. Pour vodka on your arm, that's kind of warm too.

4.) Brake fluid in your bloodstream is no big deal. Look at me, I turned out just fine.

Thanks.

I just finished up the Volvo.. brakes are done. I bedded them in too.

Did 8 60-10mph medium stops on the highway. By the 3rd or 4th they started to smell. One caliper looks a bit green now. After a few hundred miles i'll really test them out. Supposedly the 850 stops shorter than the 944.

Originally posted by teklord310

Thanks.

I just finished up the Volvo.. brakes are done. I bedded them in too.

Did 8 60-10mph medium stops on the highway. By the 3rd or 4th they started to smell. One caliper looks a bit green now. After a few hundred miles i'll really test them out. Supposedly the 850 stops shorter than the 944.

your supposed to blead them, drive around then blead them again.

Originally posted by weed247

wouldnt they say something??

i dont even know him

just unscrew the brake fluid container and put some olive oil in there... it works for cooking... it'll work for your brakes...

Originally posted by joeg

just unscrew the brake fluid container and put some olive oil in there... it works for cooking... it'll work for your brakes...

i put break fluid in already

im talking about break lining