Clubplanet Nightlife Community

AVB & Markus Review

Candy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by livin42nite

Went last night to this one and ima gonna have to disagree with you all on this one. AVB was a dissapointment, maybe its cause to me you can't play that type of banging trance at opium, it just does not go along. Either that or my trance days are coming to an end and im officialy a househead. Well not totally yet still have hopes with some acts I've heard coming here and tiesto still does it for me.

when we were at Opium for WMC when Johan Gielan was there...

I just couldn't get into it and he is one of my fav euro trash DJ's

(a la saleen). was it hot or what? glad you all had fun though!

much love,

TW

Originally posted by tranzwhore

much love,

TW

it was a sauna in there but i did not mind.. the sounds of avb were far more important ..and yeah, for someone not to have enjoyed armin's set last night is probably a sign that they are into trance much anymore.. :hat:

Originally posted by tranzwhore

much love,

TW

that was a SICK FAWKIN NITE..the club is off the hook..but i dont know what the deal wit the system is..i think my car stereo bumps louder then that club..

Originally posted by waaaaa

that was a SICK FAWKIN NITE..the club is off the hook..but i dont know what the deal wit the system is..i think my car stereo bumps louder then that club..

sad to say i agree with this :mad: hanging around the booth was your only hope for a decent sound...

This is What I could come up with:

11:15-2:00 Markus Schulz

Gobo Vegas- Unknown

On A High dub with Solarcoaster Accapella

Flying- Valentine (Sultan & greek Remix)

I Wanna Thank= G&D

You are Sleeping- PQM (Luke Chable Remix)

Intuition- Jewel (Markus Schulz Coldharbour Remix)

A Break in the clouds- James Holden (Makus Schulz Reconstruction)

Dirty Sticky Floors- Dave Gahan (Lexicon Ave Remix)

As The Rush Comes- Motorcycle (Markus Schulz Remix)

Activator- Whatevergirl (Filterheadz dub)

Serenity- Castor & Pollux (JF Sebastion Remix)

Little Wonders- Eclipse (Fictivison & C-Quence Remix)

Locust- Kubik

Into the Sun- Weekend Players (Riva Remix)

Indigo- Ferry Corsten (Markus Schulz Reconstruction)

2:00-4:15 Armin Van Buuren

4:15-4:45 Markus Schulz & Armin Van Buuren Tag Team

Symbols- Fictiviosn & C Quence (Mesh Remix)

Rollerball- Albini (Markus Schulz Reconstruction)

Mindcircus- Way out West (G&D vs Orissa)

ID

ID

ID

You Won't See Me Cry- Markus Schulz (Deepsky Remix)

Rapture- Iio (Armin Van Buuren Remix)

Thatas a great track there !! ( THE ID ).. loved the back to back, those security guards should be taken out of the surface of this planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, for that one person saying it sucked.. MmmMmmMmmmMmm what?!?..

Well, here is MY review of Armin van Buuren @ Opium Garden:

Came in around 12:00 w a considerable group of ppl, we were a party of 8, and we went in through Privé rather than Opium's main entrance. They had closed the list apparently cause there was a lot of ppl inside already, so they insisted in charging everyone cover. We got reduced admission and a couple of free drinks anyway, so cannot fully complain in that department. So we get upstairs and there was plenty of room towards the second bar. After a couple of drinks and some fine tunes by the DJ who was spinnin up there (which I have no clue of who he was, but was digging his style..) we venture down to Opium’s floor.

We find Markus really working the crowd, I walked around the place for a while and everyone was feeling Markus’ set. It was ridiculously hot and humid out there, so I decided to go upstairs into the a/c. Luckily, on the way up, I walked over to the booth area and saw Armin getting ready to take over; so I went back down to the floor to catch the beginning of his set. Thank god they had the Kryogenics in full effect last night, and as soon as AvB began, the freezing gas cooled off the dancefloor for a quick couple of minutes. I must say I was impressed by the energy of Armin up in the booth. From the very start of his set he was totally enthusiastic, and he constantly kept on feeding off of the crowd’s response. I kept waiting for a weak tune to take a break and go upstairs, but prolly about 45 mins went by and I was still jumping. I couldn’t take the heat and humidity anymore so I went upstairs and, needless to say, I was completely drenched. I met the rest of my crew up in Privé and the partry was ON… This DJ was working up the Privé crowd like crazy!! The room was much more crowded, and there were sooo many hotties!! Oh my lord!! Hehe

So the night went on and Armin kept laying one good track after another… He pranced through some fast paced trance tunes, blending it w some techy house, and the occasional techno beat… I am not a track spotter these days, but those of u keeping track of the tunes might confirm the diversity in sound… He played on ‘till around 4 15 am. I hung out behind the booth for most of the latter part of his set. The music was great, and the vibe at Opium was superb. Spotted Edgar V hanguin out, chillin around the back of the booth towards the end of the night. Exchanged a few words and he said he had just had a good time at Maze… After Armin layed his last track, Markus took over to close the venue. Armin walked around talking to ppl, shaking hands… Very nice person, very humble and very approachable. We talked for a couple of minutes and he said he liked the setting and the energy at Opium Garden; and he also mentioned how he had a great time at the Roxy, in nyc the night before…

I read some ppl saying how sounds like Armin’s didn’t belong at Opium, but I have to say the setting and the music were a good combination. It is good to hear one of the top DJ’s in a place other than Space34. They say good taste is in variety, and that is exactly what we need in Miami these days, variety of venues when top-notch talent comes to town.

It was a great night overall… you just cant go wrong when all the variables come together… A combination of great music, great vibe, wonderful company, in a nice venue always makes for a Great Saturday night. Next time I’ll make sure to try and meet some more CP’ers and TA’s… Apparently we were side by side w/o knowing… anyway, until the next time…

Peace!

Miguel.

Glad to hear that most of you fellas had a good time,wish I couldve gone but couldnt.Really dont like Opium so I wasnt crazy to go,I know the sound system sucks ass except for the room upstairs thats acroos the DJ booth where Sander K spun for WMC it was banging!!Would like to see AVB but at another venue,maybe like @ Space or @ MAZE,where TRANCE sounds alot better in these.Also looking foward to seeing Markus Shulz,keep hearing all these great stuff.Maybe next time.PEACE.

Originally posted by happyface

Would like to see AVB but at another venue,maybe like @ Space or @ MAZE,where TRANCE sounds alot better in these.

Well rumors are that Armin will come to Space34 next month.

Originally posted by fredz21

dayum is all I can say. Armin is da man. Good first impression(I'd never seen him spin live) I had a blast, and next time, wear name tags. I didn;t have any idea who was who :mad:

anywho, here are some pics I got

DCP_0897.jpg

DCP_0898.jpg

DCP_0900.jpg

DCP_0901.jpg

-.fred:

Didnt know Suzy and Brian were gonna be there :( ....looks like you guys had a great time :D

Guest saleen351

what i was told is that LP is up in arms over the price of djs he has to pay. Maze and crobar are jacking up the prices on him, and hes pissed off, so now they are booking the cheaper acts....

Originally posted by steffy27

Didnt know Suzy and Brian were gonna be there :( ....looks like you guys had a great time :D

hey steffy,

do u know brian, the guy in the red shirt sitting on the left side of the table, right next to the girl in white shirt, on the second pic from top to bottom?!!?

I need to get in touch w him....:(

thanx!

Mig.