Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyplace open after 2AM?

there are loads of places! there are a lot of just afterhours places, but i don't know anything about those (except for a.d.); you should ask lalate. my two favorite clubs are spundae and red, and they both go till four.

but check out our sticky, always at the top of the page. there's a lot of info there, as well as a shitload o' links ta help ya out :) :

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=136874

o, and when giant has their events, which has become more and more often, they go till 5 or so. giant only brings in big name talent; danny howells is coming on next friday, the 18th, @ the palace, in hollywood.

well, the cp search engine sucks and i couldn't find one of my spundae lovemaking sessions, but i'll try and be brief and say that it has, by far, the best vibe of any club i've ever been to. the door guy hugs almost everyone who comes in (most bouncer types don't even smile), which starts the night off right. people are genuinely friendly, and the place is so image-UNconscious that people wear what they feel like - no conformity or uncomfortable dress code. the patio is l.a.'s largest, with tables, seats, and benches, and there's free fruit, if you get there early enough, as well as some cookin' for sale. it's got a waterfall... it's gorgeous.

the club is never overcrowded or too hot (seriously!!! that's impressive), and the music isn't so loud that your ears ring at the end of the night, even without earplugs. and, most importantly, it consistently brings in good talent.

i always recommend buying tix in advance, but i do that no matter where i go. if you do that, the most you'll ever wait is 3 minutes.

i :heart: spundae forever :D !!!

Originally posted by weyes

i always recommend buying tix in advance, but i do that no matter where i go. if you do that, the most you'll ever wait is 3 minutes.

i :heart: spundae forever :D !!!

Unless a popular DJ is there, then you'll be lucky to get in before 2:00am even with pre-sale. I've waited in line over two hours on several occasions (with presale) and usually just give up and go somewhere else.

Originally posted by lostin310

Unless a popular DJ is there, then you'll be lucky to get in before 2:00am even with pre-sale. I've waited in line over two hours on several occasions (with presale) and usually just give up and go somewhere else.

lostin310, i have no idea what you're talking about :confused: . i have NEVER, and i mean NEVER waited longer than 10 minutes - that was at their new year's party - at spundae. the only way i can possibly imagine that you'd have to wait with presale tickets is if you show up late. my friends and i always get there around 10-10:30 and only wait for around 2-3 minutes, sometimes less.

spundae is the name of the night; it is saturdays at circus, on 6655 santa monica blvd., at las palmas.

red is also the name of the night; it is fridays and has just moved to the los angeles entertainment center, 333 s. boylston st., in downtown l.a.

spundae is generally house and trance, while red leans more towards trance (though it's been known to have house every now and again).

I usually show up between 11:00 and 12:00... The worst wait I had was Tiesto last year. The only reason I got in at all (with presale) was that I was on crutches - after over an hour in line I jumped out and crutched up to the front and the guy cut me some slack. Gemerald was standing in line with me and apparently they finally gave up and went somewhere else...

Must be because you're a chick ;)

Originally posted by lostin310

...Must be because you're a chick ;)

it's gotta be because you get there too late, lostin310; i have never, in my whole two years of going to spundae, gone with a girl (my crew is all boys), and, devastatingly hot though i may be ;):tongue::D , i don't think i alone get the 3 or 4 of us in ahead of the rest of the crowd.

always buy tix ahead of time, get there early, and you won't have a problem - i tell you true.

Originally posted by sandiegino

I have never had a problem getting into the club quickly with presale. Its usually when DJs like Tiesto and Armin come to Spundae that it gets superpacked - so i stay away from those nights.

You know, that's my problem. Now that I think about it, I only go on those nights...

I want to tip a few after hours. . .I'm from DC and I can't seem to find anyplace that stays open after 2AM

:boohoo:

WTF??

I havent been to L.A. but DAMM

isn that supp to be a bad ass city?

u guys close down at 2 am?? :unhappy:

WTF????

n second. U from DC? :peeleft:

PULEAZE! everyhting over there

ALSO closes at like 2 or 3am....

I never knew L.A was as wack as DC :zzz:

Thank god I dont live there.......

See U on the patio at Space at 11am sunday!!!

UHAUHAHUAHUAUHAUAHAHU!!

PEACE MIAMI!!! :bowdown:

lomenus - alcohol is no longer served after 2am. Clubs are still open. Depends where you go but its usually between 4 - 5 in the morning. Then we have a couple after hour spots that close between 8 - 10.

LA wack - i dont agree. We do what we can with what we have. Even though we dont have a place with 24hr liquor license, we do have a massive amount of locals and tourists filling our clubs and a very unique and friendly vibe.