Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For your reading pleasure...

macboy

It is a shame indeed ... this was a monster complex which had great potential ...

First ... the Latin Grammys was the typical Miami political BS ... a shame ...

But even worst was the unfortunate mistiming of events ... those that are called "exogenous" variables by economists (elements outside all logical variables affecting an analysis) ... and this was September 11 ...

It happened at the peak of the nitelife for South Beach ... killed tourism ... killed locals pockets ...

The north end of Ocean Drive was meant to boost with European $$$ ... just picture across the street the Hugo Boss retail store ... the 3rd in Sobe ... today ... the one on Washington and the one on Lincoln Road are gone ... even the 24 collection is gone ... Tommy Hil suspended his store on Collins halfway done ...

What once was a high demand for real estate is gone ... the retail complex on the corner across from China Grill still has vacancies ... the top designer complex a few blocks south never happened ...

With all this facts ... it was obvious the biggest complex would fail ... not even the Guerra brothers were able to do anything about it ...

It is a shame ... but I would bet top $$$ that without September 11 ... that tip of Ocean Drive would had been hot ... and with it Billboard ... :(

The main issue with the venue was that it tried to be too many things at once, nightclub, restaurant, and concert venue. It could do the first and the last, but not the second...

The nightclub side wasn't done too well, either. The sound system was horrid, no low end whatsoever. Their DJ lineup was tepid at best, and when they did have good DJs, the talent would get dicked over...Sean had an experience with that once.

As my esteemed colleauge in the photo world said, "it was the disneyland of clubs..." Saleen, take note...you think Space 34 is Disney 34? You never saw Billbored Dead.

If I had a say in the matter, I would have designed the place in a totally different fashion...as a matter of fact, I would have split the place into dedicated club and concert areas, the club part being the smaller of the two...south beach could not support another megaclub...live concert venue, yeah, but not another megaclub.

I remember their opening night...it was horrid. No guest DJs of note, the best they could do was Perry Farrell trying to DJ. I went to crobar that night for Juan Mejia and Teri Bristol..crobar's marquee said "crobar live, the best game in town!" And they weren't lying.

BBL dead, good riddance.

I'd love to buy the space though. Divvy it up like I said before...hell, take 3,000 sq. ft. for the club, and sell the rest.

Their DJ lineup was tepid at best, and when they did have good DJs, the talent would get dicked over...Sean had an experience with that once.

That was actually courtesy of the infamous "Fever crew". :rolleyes:

It was fun opening up for Edgar in the VIP room those couple of times, though.

Guest saleen351

Still, Billboard magazine supports the venue, and a handful of people, until last week, believed the club could rise from the ashes. Among the believers was Michael Storms, a DJ and co-owner of another South Beach club, Nerve.

Storms was planning to launch a series of Saturday night parties at the club, but on Friday conceded that the club's lockdown ``wasn't looking good.''

WTF is this????????

First off, and eddy is my witness, that guy saw me at maze, and bolted the opposite way.... He couldn't pack a 400 person club...

:laugh: :laugh:

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by saleen351

WTF is this????????

First off, and eddy is my witness, that guy saw me at maze, and bolted the opposite way.... He couldn't pack a 400 person club...

:laugh: :laugh:

If I saw you coming I'd bolt the opposite way too!