Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Eurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooo trash DJs... Lets discuss...

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

sorry guys, i've really gotten back in touch with my roots this weekend.. i'm all about some local djs... It was great chilling with og and denny and meeting other djs and promoters and no one was crying about tiesto or other euroooo trash djs, cause we simply don't care.... No issues with markus, or sneakers, or guest lists, or comps, or booths or who edgar is opening or closing for, or set times, etc.......

2 no name djs destroyed the shore, Denny and Klo and oscar had the place jumping... No one cares about the lights, or the price of booze, or the cover charge.. No club trying to put one another out of business by being a dick (LP)..... The promoters know your name, they speak english, they buy you a brew and a shot, they make sure the club is rocking, and at the end of the night you got your monies worth... And the bartenders know your name, and they know your drink........

proof that eurooooooooo trash djs need not apply at the NJ shore... We don't care, and by supporting our locals we stay in touch with the scene... I see that same heads at tempts that i saw back in 1997... Its not about guest djs... something miami can't figure out and thus this scene will always be about Show and no GO!!! NJ is not a follow the leader state, we are in our own world and can give two fucks about what others do....

You losers all plan your month around which euro trash dj is at space so you can go see them, instead you should be avoiding those nights and going to see oscar and roland and ralph etc...

If i was doing the bookings at space, i would only book guests on friday and on the patio on saturday nights. Leave the main room from 1am till ??? in the hands of oscar.... and oscar only!!

so keep your euro trash, i'll take my locals........

My hats off to Denny and oscar, it was the best for me... We had such a blast, and my man sergio has the hottest party in the summer in America... Place was bumpingggggggggggggg!!!

One thing that really made me smile, was the fact that me and og never got a chance to talk about our lauderdale party.. He was shocked how well it did and how many came out... Thus why i love lauderdale... Shitty sound system, horrible lights, early closing times etc... Its perfect cause its about the music and just having a fucking good time without doing drugs....

And on a side note, i'm not sure what i'm gonna do, but i have 2 huge name djs all ready to go, in the lauderdale area... Both told me they would love to play up there... So a club called me today, and when i get back, we might do it, or i'll broker the deal with guyman of course and the club can handle the party... Either way, our party in lauderdale will be "classic";)

You can't forget my boys Adam and Bill who do the party with Sergio at Surf. If you thought they had hot girls at Surf, you should try Sand Bar on A friday night. 3000+ people every Friday night. Right on the Hudson river in jersey city.

Man, I've said it before, and I will say it again.. someone or something will have to help this saleen guy take his head out of his ass... In a forum where everyone expresses their opinions, this guy really, truly believes that whatever he says is the way it is.. the die hard truth.. the only way... well let me tell u man, ur OPINION, -cause that's all it is- is no more than ur take on the issues discussed here. Your name calling, labelling, stereotyping, etc. of trance heads, techno heads, eurotrash or whatever you use, does nothing but undermine ur argument... all the controversy w space and all that shit ur always bitchin about is nothing but hot air.. u are simply a jersey guido out of place trying to figure out why the world surrounding you in south florida is not like it is up in ur stinky jersey shore... tryiong to measure everything lik it is in jersey...

In response to what is going thru ur head right now, being that u r back where u came from.. u feel like it hasn’t changed.. u say ppl know each other, u talk about familiar faces from wayy back in 97, u say promoters know u by ur name, they buy u drinks, etc etc etc… well that’s the way it is for anyone who comes from Suburbia, USA, moves out to a thriving metropolitan area, and then gets to go back.… Hasn't it occurred to u that if u still see the same faces, they still listen to the same dj's, they know everyone’s name etc etc etc.. is because they cant see past their noses?!!? U even say u all in Jersey are in ur own world, u don’t give two fucks about anyone else… the Fact of matter is that the whole entire World is watching and listening to the djs who are trendsetters, the ones pushing genres forward, bringing the music to the people, those who u love to call eurotrash... when u cant even realize that the real trash in all this is not Euro its American, and from Jersey to be precise... that has got to be the most inbred, hickest rationale that I have ever seen on these message boards…

Granted that the big dirty corporate machine has taken control of the way in which the music gets to the people; be it thru big record companies or especially on the big cities thru massive monopolist clubs (space and lp etc); but the fact of the matter is, that second of all, after the Music, is the MONEY.. and nowadays, that thin line that separates these two usually vanishes, and ultimately it is $ that fuels the machine and everything invlolved... If there were no money involved, not even the local scene would thrive and it is thanks to this major machinery that up and coming talent is able to showcase what they're made of in front of the world and not just the few overly enthusiastic local groupies…

Now I give u props for making it happen w ur Lauderdale parties and whatever ur doing.. that’s the best way to try and make a difference.. actually doing things for the scene, but u don’t have to be the biggest fucking prick about it… Remember that it is just your OPINION, your perspective not the solid facts… thank god u found ur thing up there so u can keep ur negativity and ur bad vibes away from those who decide to enjoy the shows… and those who wish to enjoy the locals performing at the big shows....

Now I know this rant may only fuel ur overinflated ego, and it might trigger a drama explosion, but all I have to say is open ur mind and absorb the big picture.. I’m sure that at this point u probably can hardly wait to start ripping my response and coming up w smart ass jersey shit to put me down, but I know u are made for this shit.. so that’s why I wont take you up on your childish debates.. I post very occasionally on this board, as I post in several others, but I do lurk around a lot and I certainly don’t have the time or am in the mood to engage in hot air discussions.

I just wanted to let you hear it from someone who doesn’t kiss ur ass on the boards, or frankly doesn’t give a fuck.. it just gets to a point where someone has to tell it to ya straight up… and this was it. I hope u make good of it…

Much Respect to everyone who respects.…

:cool:

Originally posted by saleen351

proof that eurooooooooo trash djs need not apply at the NJ shore... We don't care, and by supporting our locals we stay in touch with the scene... I see that same heads at tempts that i saw back in 1997... Its not about guest djs... something miami can't figure out and thus this scene will always be about Show and no GO!!! NJ is not a follow the leader state, we are in our own world and can give two fucks about what others do....

Same faces of 97? Dam what was that a high school reunion? The fact is you cant compare NJ shore night life to a Miami night life,NEVA!! Miami has to offer DJS from all over cause they can . Yes support your LOCALS, I do but @ the same time enjoy all the talent thats comes across the sea. ;)

sorry guys, i've really gotten back in touch with my roots this weekend.. i'm all about some local djs... It was great chilling with og and denny and meeting other djs and promoters and no one was crying about tiesto or other euroooo trash djs, cause we simply don't care.... No issues with markus, or sneakers, or guest lists, or comps, or booths or who edgar is opening or closing for, or set times, etc.......

2 no name djs destroyed the shore, Denny and Klo and oscar had the place jumping... No one cares about the lights, or the price of booze, or the cover charge.. No club trying to put one another out of business by being a dick (LP)..... The promoters know your name, they speak english, they buy you a brew and a shot, they make sure the club is rocking, and at the end of the night you got your monies worth... And the bartenders know your name, and they know your drink........

You losers all plan your month around which euro trash dj is at space so you can go see them, instead you should be avoiding those nights and going to see oscar and roland and ralph etc...

If i was doing the bookings at space, i would only book guests on friday and on the patio on saturday nights. Leave the main room from 1am till ??? in the hands of oscar.... and oscar only!!

so keep your euro trash, i'll take my locals........

My hats off to Denny and oscar, it was the best for me... We had such a blast, and my man sergio has the hottest party in the summer in America... Place was bumpingggggggggggggg!!!

One thing that really made me smile, was the fact that me and og never got a chance to talk about our lauderdale party.. He was shocked how well it did and how many came out... Thus why i love lauderdale... Shitty sound system, horrible lights, early closing times etc... Its perfect cause its about the music and just having a fucking good time without doing drugs....

And on a side note, i'm not sure what i'm gonna do, but i have 2 huge name djs all ready to go, in the lauderdale area... Both told me they would love to play up there... So a club called me today, and when i get back, we might do it, or i'll broker the deal with guyman of course and the club can handle the party... Either way, our party in lauderdale will be "classic";)

Saleen ... Saleen ... :rolleyes:

... one day a woman took her son to Ghandi ... she asked Ghandi to ask her child to stop eating sugar ... Ghandi asked her to go home with her child and come back two weeks later ... when the woman returned after two weeks Ghandi looked at the son and told him to stop eating sugar ... confused :confused: the woman asked Ghandi why didn't he just say that two weeks prior ... he told her "because two weeks ago I ate sugar" ;) ...

To each their own bro ... you will start to understand after three years in South Florida ... I have faith in you :hat:

The only concept I will agree on is that some people on this board get way worked up over the tinest issues sometimes...even I'm guilty of it, but what I get real frustrated about is when people get all bent out of shape over shit like openings and closings, and guestlist times...

Basically, I've felt that the scene down here throws the messageboard folk a bone 99 percent of the time...but then it comes down to "give 'em an inch, they take a mile..." Guestlist ends at 1 AM? Some twat wants it till 3 since his girlfriend works at Club Madonna and it takes her two hours to remove the dollar bills from her g-string after she finishes at 1, then they can go out to the club. Open bar till 2? Some idiot wants it till close, so he can get trashed on 20 bucks and go commit some of the ultra-violence on the populace...

What gets me the most though is when people whine about the bookings...they fail to realize that a club is a business foremost. It exists to make money....even when the club or promoter books the DJ that someone wants, there's still issues...and then half the people who wanted him or her to play, don't even bother to show!

As for guest DJs vs local DJs, in this town, both can co-exist...the clubs are open long enough to give the locals their respect, and let the guest play to...especially at Space 34...Oscar could play till 3, and then Guest DJ can play until whenever.

The promoters know your name, they speak english, they buy you a brew and a shot, they make sure the club is rocking, and at the end of the night you got your monies worth... And the bartenders know your name, and they know your drink........

"Where everybody knows your name, and their always glad you came"

Nice post NORM!

Guest saleen351

memorex i didn't read your whole post cause you failed geography in hs....

NJ= most densily populated state in the country

My town is right by NYC... I should know, i use to work on wall st and on broadway in midtown right next to the espn sports zone, across from mtv right in the heart of times sqaure 2 blocks from bryant park.......

So after you comment about living in suburbia, i stopped reading.. THE NJ SHORE IS ANOTHER BORO OF NYC IN THE SUMMER.. Its all nyc and north nj people..... We can all go into the city to see all those big name djs, but fact is the smaller clubs in nj and staten island and long island do better...

and the nj shore in the summer truely is "be yourself" no rules, no dress codes no nothing. The clubs make plenty of money to book the big name guys, but why? makes no sense...

I love my "International" and local DJ’s and support the same. I am fortunate to be in a scene that’s constantly evolving. I could give two fucks what they do in NJ, because I live in Miami and support my scene . . :)

Originally posted by happyface

Same faces of 97? Dam what was that a high school reunion? The fact is you cant compare NJ shore night life to a Miami night life,NEVA!! Miami has to offer DJS from all over cause they can . Yes support your LOCALS, I do but @ the same time enjoy all the talent thats comes across the sea. ;)

I agree, its apples and oranges.

Why is Saleen so concerned about other ppl and how and when they chose to go clubbing. It's ignorant to generalize everyone in Miami the way he does.

By calling any non-US DJ Eurotrash, you just show your own stupidity and close-mindedness. Why do you care what everyone else does anyway, we dont give a shit about what you do :confused:

Originally posted by memorex

Fact of matter is that the whole entire World is watching and listening to the djs who are trendsetters, the ones pushing genres forward, bringing the music to the people, those who u love to call eurotrash... when u cant even realize that the real trash in all this is not Euro its American, and from Jersey to be precise... that has got to be the most inbred, hickest rationale that I have ever seen on these message boards…

:rofl::lol3::stupid: