Clubplanet Nightlife Community

All you tourist hater/bashers......

As ya all may know i love goin to WEBSTERHALL on sat nights. Mostly all the people say WEBSTERHALL SUCKS ITS ATOURIST TRAP, FILLED WITH FOREIGNERS. Anyhow i like the music not the people for the 1billionth time. So i guess you can make a case the if your not from NYC then all of you people from other statesand countries are tourist when you coMe down to NYC. Im from BROOKLYN baby born and raised. So what gets me is how all ofyou TOURIST HATERS, Are wetting your pants with excitement about these FOREIGN CLUBS set to open soon. SPIRIT a club from DUBLIN, CROBAR a CLUB from MIAMI. And all of ya are waiting for INTERNATIONAL (TOURISTS, FOREIGNERS) DJS to play for you at any club especially these NEW ONES. While i go and listen to NYC DJS LIKE RICK CORBO, DANNY TENAGLIA IM supportin my town not foreign stuff. So all ofyou who hate FOREIGN/TOURIST STUFF SO MUCH, think about whos RIDING THE TOURIST TRAIN, Me or ya.Theres a movie/documentary thats gonna come out soon, called MAESTRO its about NYC UNDERGROUND MUSIC SCENE (HOUSE) where it all began. Hopefully their will mentionsof how people from ALL OVER THE WORLD WOULD WANT OR CANT WAIT TO GO THERE (PARADISE GARAGE).

Originally posted by tunnelbandit

Oh for the love of fuck. Do you ever get tired posting the same dribble.

I wonder what the ratio is: his posts to the number of times he mentions Webster Hall. In all caps. I'm betting it's something like 1:7.

Originally posted by tunnelbandit

WEBSTERHALL WEBSTERHALL WEBSTERHALL CORBO CORBO CORBO NYC HOLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It reminds me of Trent Beef Pile and his love of Johnny "fawking" Viscious. At least Trent he was an imposter. :cool:

Originally posted by destinyschild

Great intelligent responses guys.

Posts like this one dont deserve a response. Its not even that he's talking about Webster Hall (which sucks) or that hes writing something in regards to how we regard non new yorkers (which is a stupid argument), its simply the fact that his sentences are harder to understand than my 7 year old sisters.

i just dont feel like wasting my time translating that crap.

AnD WhAT THE FUck IS wiTH YOUR CApiTALIZATION?

Originally posted by silverbull

As ya all may know i love goin to WEBSTERHALL on sat nights. Mostly all the people say WEBSTERHALL SUCKS ITS ATOURIST TRAP, FILLED WITH FOREIGNERS. Anyhow i like the music not the people for the 1billionth time. So i guess you can make a case the if your not from NYC then all of you people from other statesand countries are tourist when you coMe down to NYC. Im from BROOKLYN baby born and raised. So what gets me is how all ofyou TOURIST HATERS, Are wetting your pants with excitement about these FOREIGN CLUBS set to open soon. SPIRIT a club from DUBLIN, CROBAR a CLUB from MIAMI. And all of ya are waiting for INTERNATIONAL (TOURISTS, FOREIGNERS) DJS to play for you at any club especially these NEW ONES. While i go and listen to NYC DJS LIKE RICK CORBO, DANNY TENAGLIA IM supportin my town not foreign stuff. So all ofyou who hate FOREIGN/TOURIST STUFF SO MUCH, think about whos RIDING THE TOURIST TRAIN, Me or ya.Theres a movie/documentary thats gonna come out soon, called MAESTRO its about NYC UNDERGROUND MUSIC SCENE (HOUSE) where it all began. Hopefully their will mentionsof how people from ALL OVER THE WORLD WOULD WANT OR CANT WAIT TO GO THERE (PARADISE GARAGE).

now THERE is a blast of pure reason :blown:

P.S I'll bet you like Knock-Knock jokes

this topic isnt even about websterhall. Im just trying to make a point about ya regards to TOURIST AND FOREIGNERS. Why not respond about that. And i guess your life is now in danger cause i mentioned RICK and DANNY in the same sentecne again (big deal). Rick looks up to danny as shuld everybody else. So did anybody see my point about NYC and these CLUBS that will open soon with non NYC owners and non NYC djs.

Originally posted by silverbull

this topic isnt even about websterhall. Im just trying to make a point about ya regards to TOURIST AND FOREIGNERS. Why not respond about that. And i guess your life is now in danger cause i mentioned RICK and DANNY in the same sentecne again (big deal). Rick looks up to danny as shuld everybody else. So did anybody see my point about NYC and these CLUBS that will open soon with non NYC owners and non NYC djs.

OK I will toss you my two cents on that one...

I really think no one here has any problems with tourists, provided they respect us and our scene. I personally have no problems with foreigners or tourists (provided they respect a few basic guidelines as will be elaborated below). I was living in Italy up until last week and there, I was a foreigner - what I saw in Firenze, which was where I was living - was quite enlightening. Firenze is FULL of tourists - the better part of the economy depends on them. But there are more than just one type of tourist/foreigner. There was my type - we speak the native language, respect the people who live there and make a point to experience and learn their culture courteously. There is the type that can't speak the language but are respectful and try their best to get along even when it is difficult to explain themselves. Then there is the type that end up in a foreign country and want everything to be the same. They show up in Italy and stay at the best western and eat dinner at McDonald's, speak english to everyone and can't even make the effort to great people with "ciao" or "buon giorno" instead of "hi". Then, there are various degrees in the middle. IMHO, those who come to other countries and want everything to be the same as their home countries should stay home, and those who come to other countries to hit on and harass the people who live there should really just crawl in a little hole and stay there till they get a clue. As many have said, the tourist types at Webster Hall tend to be grabby, clueless, etc. Okay if they can't speak English, cause if I took a vacation to China I sure as hell couldn't speak Chinese, but a bit of courtesy and general respect would be nice. If the crowd at Webster isn't acting that way, that is not good, plain and simple. If the crowd at Vinyl, which I know includes a fair amount of tourists, experienced the same problem, then I would say the same for vinyl.

Well said and i agree, with the crowd at websterhall being a pretty funny one. But im always saying to go on a sat b4 the afterhours begin and hear RICK spin. I only say go for the music never go to websterhall cause its thegreatest place tobe no. Go to hear the music. But then when people say ah F websterhall im not goin in there cause of TOURIST then that sounds funny to me. But i thanksfor responding to me like an ADULT, cause some of the people hear are just chlidsh. See ya around one night maybe, and welcome back.

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

OK I will toss you my two cents on that one...

I really think no one here has any problems with tourists, provided they respect us and our scene. I personally have no problems with foreigners or tourists (provided they respect a few basic guidelines as will be elaborated below). I was living in Italy up until last week and there, I was a foreigner - what I saw in Firenze, which was where I was living - was quite enlightening. Firenze is FULL of tourists - the better part of the economy depends on them. But there are more than just one type of tourist/foreigner. There was my type - we speak the native language, respect the people who live there and make a point to experience and learn their culture courteously. There is the type that can't speak the language but are respectful and try their best to get along even when it is difficult to explain themselves. Then there is the type that end up in a foreign country and want everything to be the same. They show up in Italy and stay at the best western and eat dinner at McDonald's, speak english to everyone and can't even make the effort to great people with "ciao" or "buon giorno" instead of "hi". Then, there are various degrees in the middle. IMHO, those who come to other countries and want everything to be the same as their home countries should stay home, and those who come to other countries to hit on and harass the people who live there should really just crawl in a little hole and stay there till they get a clue. As many have said, the tourist types at Webster Hall tend to be grabby, clueless, etc. Okay if they can't speak English, cause if I took a vacation to China I sure as hell couldn't speak Chinese, but a bit of courtesy and general respect would be nice. If the crowd at Webster isn't acting that way, that is not good, plain and simple. If the crowd at Vinyl, which I know includes a fair amount of tourists, experienced the same problem, then I would say the same for vinyl.

imo, i think the sluggos and the juiceheads in the ny metro area, are a way bigger turn off , than tourists