Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who will be the new "King Of The Crobar 24 Patio"?

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

Well, CPers it is official. You finally got your wish. No more LP running the Patio. LP has left Space 24 to go on to "disney themed pastures"(space34). Who will be the new "KING OF THE PATIO"? Who will have sovereign supremacy over "Sunrise Sessions?" Suggest now or forever hold your comments. Or should we burn Space 34 down with Jewish lighting and concede that Crobar 24 will beat the piss out of us? Let the posting begin...

NC

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by saleen351

Well, CPers it is official. You finally got your wish. No more LP running the Patio. LP has left Space 24 to go on to "disney themed pastures"(space34). Who will be the new "KING OF THE PATIO"? Who will have sovereign supremacy over "Sunrise Sessions?" Suggest now or forever hold your comments. Or should we burn Space 34 down with Jewish lighting and concede that Crobar 24 will beat the piss out of us? Let the posting begin...

NC

Back and forth ... last I heard this afternoon is that it ain't a closed deal but ... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by livin42nite

crobar 24 resident patio dj, cedric gervais :laugh: I kid about this by the way, cedric i think is overbashed here and though a lot of times he does play like crap, I've also heard him kick ass so he has potential.

:blank: :blank: :blank: you're joking right???

I hope crobar goes in a different direction with their downtown venture. I don't want to see crobar south beach replicated downtown. Something original is needed...

BTW, crobar 24 is just a code-name for now, a better name is slated for the club.

Originally posted by pod

I hope crobar goes in a different direction with their downtown venture. I don't want to see crobar south beach replicated downtown. Something original is needed...

BTW, crobar 24 is just a code-name for now, a better name is slated for the club.

Well, what other tools do we have in the toolbox?

Let's see, we have a Crobar... but that's taken at the Cameo.

Then we have Level... oh wait, nope that's being used.

I say we name the new club HAMMER or LADDER:idea:

Or Screwdriver? WRENCH!!

THATS IT:laugh: ----> WRENCH!:laugh:

Originally posted by livin42nite

crobar 24 resident patio dj, cedric gervais :laugh: I kid about this by the way, cedric i think is overbashed here and though a lot of times he does play like crap, I've also heard him kick ass so he has potential.

:blown: :blown: :blown:

THIS HAS TO BE A FUCKING JOKEEEEEEEEEE......THAT GUY HAS HIS HEAD IN HIS ASS FIRST OF ALL ....AND HE IS THE WORST DJ EVER....HIS MUSIC SELECTION SUCKS....HE IS THE MAIN REASON WHY A LOT OF PEOPLE HAS STOPED GOING TO CROBAR ON THURSDAY NIGHT...I KNOW AT LEAST 50 PEOPLE THAT HAS DONE SO...HE HAS NO RESPECT FOR THE CLUBBERS

Juan'd be decent, actually. I'd like to see him get a prime residency there. Let Cedric and Stefan handle the beach crobar, and let Juan have the downtown...Stefan'd do OK downtown as well, I was impressed with his skills on the decks at our tent during Ultra 2003. He's an FS user, too.

Considering what they are doing here in NYC, does anyone think Crobar may over-expanding?

Last time I was at their SB place it was empty, why open another?

And,... I love you guys down there but I hope this downtown thing doesn't distract them from doing the right thing in NYC. You guys are in a clubbing golden age and we need a serious venue here.

Originally posted by blendprod

:blown: :blown: :blown:

THIS HAS TO BE A FUCKING JOKEEEEEEEEEE......THAT GUY HAS HIS HEAD IN HIS ASS FIRST OF ALL ....AND HE IS THE WORST DJ EVER....HIS MUSIC SELECTION SUCKS....HE IS THE MAIN REASON WHY A LOT OF PEOPLE HAS STOPED GOING TO CROBAR ON THURSDAY NIGHT...I KNOW AT LEAST 50 PEOPLE THAT HAS DONE SO...HE HAS NO RESPECT FOR THE CLUBBERS

This sounds like a personal issue you got going with Cedric. I am at Crobar every Thursday, and you obviously have no idea what you're missing. The place is always out of hand packed, crazy, out of control, with people chanting Cedrics name at the end of the night!!! All I have to say is DON'T BE HATIN' :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by avenue33

This sounds like a personal issue you got going with Cedric. I am at Crobar every Thursday, and you obviously have no idea what you're missing. The place is always out of hand packed, crazy, out of control, with people chanting Cedrics name at the end of the night!!! All I have to say is DON'T BE HATIN' :mad: :mad:

u got a pic?

To each their own ... Dope is not a music nite ... it is cheese music to satisfy the crowd ...

IMO pathetic music ... selling yourself musically to satisfy a crowd ... no respect :rolleyes:

Happy B-day!!! :blank: :blank:

As my esteemed colleauge vipnerd said, bear in mind the kind of crowd there...chesse-fest. I'm sure if Cedric put his mind to it, he could do a decent set, but he doesn't. Compared to other locals like Oscar, Roland, Ralph, and many others, he can't hold a candle.

Sure the crowd is chanting, but ya know what, they were chanting for Hitler at Nuremberg too...i.e. just because the crowd likes it doesn't make it good.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh NEVER MET THE GUY ...I JUST KNOW THE FACTS...THE MUSIC IS HORRIBLE...... TERRIBLE DJ.....

:idea: It's funny that you guys think Cedric's sets are cheesy, and he plays to please the crowd. Yet, you're suggesting Juan Mejia for crobar24. I mean he's a nice guy and all, but the most underground he plays is "Eddie Amador". I could go to Blue on any night and listen to the same music. As far as the other guys, I could just listen to 93.1 and hear the same music. You’re not showing me anything with those names you're throwing out. If you guys are going to put someone down, at least compare them with people worth a shit. :idea:

I agree with you, there’s definitely a personal thing going on there. For someone who’s never met a person and gives their opinion speaks for itself. Any normal person awaits their personal opinion of a person from personal experience. I mean, just listen to the crap they’re talking.:mad::eek: