Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Garfield euroooooooooooooo trashhh review...

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

So we hit downtown lauderdale.. I thought it was sean rudnick who was suppose to start at alure saturdays last night, but it wasn't, so i'm fucked at the door, then out of no where, garfield walks out of the club to get his keys from the valet, and BAM hooked up! So we go in with him, and the place is some what packed at like midnight...

I hated all his music, but it wasn't that bad, just not my cup of tea, however, i must give it up to the guy, he packed place. At 2am it was packed out!!! I'd say our S&G party had a few more heads but not by much... Garfield def brings in a eurooooooooo trash crowd. That guy has a following.. And he interacts with the crowd, and man, they all love him... I had a great time, didn't like the tunes too much, but thats the crowd and his style...

I think it was a one off event. And now sean takes over... So i'm told... Alure is shaping up, they are getting better....

PS thanks Garfeild and nice seeing your wife again....

Great seeing Mr. & Mrs. Garfield... thanx for the hook-ups guys;)

I wasn't into the music much either but I still had a great time. Allure is a cute lil' space and I hope they do well... Good luck to Sean Rudnick - hope he packs em' in..........:D

Lola:eek:

back in the late nineties when the only thing you would hear in a club was uptempo music (138+ BPM), Garfield was throwing some of the sweetest trance tracks north of countyline road.

i remember club stereo would be so packed i thought the entire second floor would collapse like that club in tel aviv.

and yes he does indeed have a following... a few weeks before club/restaurant entrepeneur chris pacello was arrested for (allegedly) racketering, and murder (a-hem!), he was getting his groove on to Garfield.

On top of that, aside from Acosta, Garfield is the only DJ i know of down here who has wowed an audience of more than 50 thousand people in Europe. Garfield did God's Kitchen in the UK (it was a while back) and then of course Acosta did the Love Parade in Berlin, which they said had a record number of about 1 million people that year.

i thought garfield retired? is he making a comeback.

Originally posted by spinstar

i remember club stereo would be so packed i thought the entire second floor would collapse like that club in tel aviv.

I'm sure you didn't mean to, but You've gotten two events that happened within 2 weeks of each other confused.

The building that collapsed was in Jerusalem and happened at a wedding. About 25 people died, and hundreds were injured, as the 3rd floor collapsed. You can watch the archived video of how it happened here, but I should warn you that its not a pleasant site to see:

http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/meast/05/27/israel.mourn/index.html

2 weeks after that, a terrorist blew himself up near a club in Tel Aviv called Pacha. 19 people, mainly girls who were 16-17 years of age, died in that bombing.

Guest saleen351

well, i asked him about a comeback, and they quickly told me its a one time event...

But he looked like he had sooooooo much fun up there...

though he didn't play my only trance request since he plays all trance

kiss airspace vengboys:mad:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by alluregirl

He will be doing another event on Sat 30th August,

he aluregirl, i'm still waiting for your club to call me.. I have to huge name djs ready to play and I and my partner are the ONLY ones ever to pack that venue in the last 14 months...

Your competition opens this sept.... clock is ticking...

And who would be these huge name DJ,s?

and if you are the ONLY person to pack the place in the last 14 months what was i looking @ last saturday? an empty club?

Garfield brought them in

Anyhoo,, we have Shaun Rudnick every Saturday now and we know how you like your house music Saleen

Also by competion do you mean Loft 120?

Guest saleen351

And who would be these huge name DJ,s?

and if you are the ONLY person to pack the place in the last 14 months what was i looking @ last saturday? an empty club?

Garfield brought them in

Anyhoo,, we have Shaun Rudnick every Saturday now and we know how you like your house music Saleen

Also by competion do you mean Loft 120?

yea garfeild did a great job of packing them in, but he fell short of our party, but i'm not disminishing what his party did, but its a one time event and for a one time event S&G party is still king...

and my djs are not to be mentioned until i have real business men who know the club world talk with us... Tired of playing games with clueless people with no business background. To many clubs hire children to run there shit...

And sean should do fine, i won't be there this sat, i might come down on friday though...

and yes Loft 120 should be up by sept...

S&G ----> people that know, know.

No need to name drop on CP. When the party is set, the dj's will be announced...

Question is, are you a promoter for Allure club, Alluregirl? Just curious... I plan on swinging down to check out Shawn one of these weekends...

Garfield is a trip;)

:D

Guest saleen351

allure girl, s&g are famous.... We brought the one and only Oscar G to lauderdale... Packed that placed out... We have other djs that will only work with us....

Its a first come first serve basis...

People know and will show... And we use our own money

btw i have a feeling alluregirl ='s michele or kat....

Guest saleen351

Meow...

sorry mate ..could'nt resist it

I can put forward the S&G night for you

gimmie the weekend

Cheers

thanks

Hi Jeffy

"play some new stuff?"

I think you have missed the point of the event it advertised as

a night of anthems..The best tunes of the last 5 years..It was a classics night hence the old stuff

:laugh: I guess Classics didn't ring a bell:laugh:

Hey alluregirl, garfieldwas good 3 years ago when he was at play he is a great guy respect him for what he did before,but i will tell you his music selection sucks,if he is that great why is he not working.I"m pretty sure he would like to be rocking the house somewhere...as far as what you preach,i think you know nothing about music d"js or anithing else you are full of shit:blown: