Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ever notice that... The Dif. btwn Hip-Hop and House

Ever notice that when you go to a house club... that people are there for the music... at least a good portion of the... and you NEVER hear the same song twice.

When you go out to these lounges... it's all about image and shit... but you hear the same 5 hip-hop tracks all night long...?

What's up with that? Hey, I am all for going to Suite 16 or Suede or any of those other stuffy place... I do, but what I can't stand is hearing Magik Stick, Crazy in Love, Lumidee, In da club... and all the other hot this minute hip-hop tracks 5 times in one night... and if a new DJ comes on, it's like the same set gets played... doesn't anyone in the hip-hop scene have originality as a DJ... or some creativity perhaps?

At least house has some logevity... Heaven Scent always a fav... a classic. Strings of Life... another.

You guys know what I mean?

yea thats a negative ..... i hear the same house song being played

And if u think the commercial house crowd isnt about image..... ur getting "played"

Frankly I think very few people on this bored have ever listened to real "Hip Hop" and real "House"

most of u listen to "Club" and "Rap"

go to clubradio.net

ull see club music isnt even listed under the HOUSE section cuz its not true HOUSE

jack had a groove

It's definitely a commercial vs underground thing, not really house vs hip-hop. I've been to a couple of parties where the dj was spinning house, and I heard a couple of songs (Rapture... It's not Over... Safe From Harm :rolleyes: ) played over... and over... and over.

I can't really speak for non-commercial hip-hop parties; I've never been to one.

Originally posted by sleep1souljerz

I don't know about that. With the exception of the few cheesy parties I just mentioned... I've never noticed it happening.

And if u think the commercial house crowd isnt about image..... ur getting "played"

Frankly I think very few people on this bored have ever listened to real "Hip Hop" and real "House"

go to clubradio.net

ull see club music isnt even listed under the HOUSE section cuz its not true HOUSE

jack had a groove

EXACTLEY! :bowdown:

-iliana

:cool:

Originally posted by uk2usa

Ever notice that when you go to a house club... that people are there for the music... at least a good portion of the... and you NEVER hear the same song twice.

When you go out to these lounges... it's all about image and shit... but you hear the same 5 hip-hop tracks all night long...?

What's up with that? Hey, I am all for going to Suite 16 or Suede or any of those other stuffy place... I do, but what I can't stand is hearing Magik Stick, Crazy in Love, Lumidee, In da club... and all the other hot this minute hip-hop tracks 5 times in one night... and if a new DJ comes on, it's like the same set gets played... doesn't anyone in the hip-hop scene have originality as a DJ... or some creativity perhaps?

At least house has some logevity... Heaven Scent always a fav... a classic. Strings of Life... another.

You guys know what I mean?

Yea.. I hear what you're saying, but because you don't hear those club tracks on the radio, you probably don't realize that house dj's as well play the same tracks over and over week after week.

Whoever said that there's it's commercial vs. underground and not hip hop vs. house hit it on the head. I have been to house clubs where things have been played more than once, but they are cheesy shit clubs and I went there knowing that to start out with.... but any decent place, that probably won't happen. I have only been to hip hop parties where they play commercial shit but I am sure they must exist out there in a more underground form, you just probably won't find it at Suede.

As for DJ's playing the same thing week after week - well duh, that's going to happen! Playing the same thing more than once in a night, however, is lame unless you have a really good reason (i.e. breaking a song, etc.) Could you imagine the expense if, every week, a DJ had to replace all his/her records so s/he would never play the same thing two weeks in a row? yeah right... but really, when I was at Luann's (sp?) two weeks ago, I heard the jump off like 3 times and that awful R Kelly thing 5... isn't that overkill?

BTW - Boom, can you please take that girl and her nasty cunt off your signature? It's really a bit excessive and I don't want to block everyone's signature. Unfortunately, there isn't an option to choose. Thanks.

go to clubradio.net

jack had a groove

um.. yeah, that's a negative.. i know i personally never go to a cheesy club.. i'm a snobbier clubber, in that i will leave a club if i've heard a song on the radio.. (with the exception of a bar or lounge)

but i must ask, what do you consider real "Hip-Hop" and real "House"?

I'm not talking week to week. I am talking about hearing

Wayne Wonder

50 Cent

Lumidee

Sean Paul

Beyonce......... 5 TIMES IN ONE NIGHT!!!

You hear those songs multiple times a night from the same or different DJ's.

Don't get me wrong, I am not hating on hip-hop... I like it as well.

I am just saying you'd never hear "Elements", "Be Yourself", "Heaven Scent" 5 times a night... unless you are Jonathan Peters and then you'd hear it for 45 minutes.

I am just saying that all the hip-hop DJ's have little identity, nothing that makes them different from the next guy.

I mean all these hip-hop DJ's that play at the hype parties... who are they? Not that it really matters... they are all playing the same records!

Sure I heard Rapture week in week out forever when it was hot, but I never heard it played by 2 different DJ's on the same night within an hour of it's last play!!

I'm not talking week to week. I am talking about hearing

Wayne Wonder

50 Cent

Lumidee

Sean Paul

Beyonce......... 5 TIMES IN ONE NIGHT!!!

You hear those songs multiple times a night from the same or different DJ's.

Don't get me wrong, I am not hating on hip-hop... I like it as well.

I am just saying you'd never hear "Elements", "Be Yourself", "Heaven Scent" 5 times a night... unless you are Jonathan Peters and then you'd hear it for 45 minutes.

I am just saying that all the hip-hop DJ's have little identity, nothing that makes them different from the next guy.

I mean all these hip-hop DJ's that play at the hype parties... who are they? Not that it really matters... they are all playing the same records!

Sure I heard Rapture week in week out forever when it was hot, but I never heard it played by 2 different DJ's on the same night within an hour of it's last play!!

You probably like the Vengaboys

"You probably like the Vengaboys"

No, but I like to party...

What a fucking IDIOT!

I've logged more hours in clubs all over world than you have getting fucked by your gay uncle...

Are you the guy who thoughts house music was cool when he heard the 45 minute JP mix of my love is your love on his first hit of E with all the other meat sticks at the sound factory... Now, you need a belt and wear a throwback jersey, talk like you never made it out of the 2nd grade, spent all you money tricking out your Dodge Neon and now you have no money so you still live with your mom?

I figured you and your fellow guido friends would be staying in mom's house getting fat sucking down Chef Boyardee watching all your Sopranos and Godfather DVD's... dreaming about how your gonna be like John Gotti someday?

I know... You got my Cosa Nostra right here!

Are you the guy who thoughts house music was cool when he heard the 45 minute JP mix of my love is your love on his first hit of E with all the other meat sticks at the sound factory... Now, you need a belt and wear a throwback jersey, talk like you never made it out of the 2nd grade, spent all you money tricking out your Dodge Neon and now you have no money so you still live with your mom?

LMFAO- that's seriously one of the funniest things I've read in a long-ass time... just not for the reason you think it is.

You gotta love assumptions... :laugh: :laugh: