Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New K movie coming out:

Evan

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/p/partymonster.php

Release Date: September 5, 2003 (NY, LA, CHI)

Studio: Strand Releasing

Director: Fenton Bailey, Randy Barbato

Screenwriter: Fenton Bailey, Randy Barbato

Starring: Macaulay Culkin, Seth Green, Wilson Cruz, Daniel Franzese, Lucy Liu, Natasha Lyonne, Marilyn Manson, Dylan McDermott, Diana Scarwid, Chloe Sevigny

Genre: Crime

MPAA Rating: Not available

Official Website: PartyMonster.com

Review: Not available

DVD/VHS: Not available

Movie Poster: Not available

Plot Summary: Based on the book "Disco Bloodbath" by James St. James, this feature film is a buddy movie with a lethal twist. Its focus is the friendship between Michael Alig (Culkin) and James St. James (Green), two mismatched kids who meet amidst the early 1990s nightclub scene in New York City. Of the two, James is smarter, but Michael is the quicker study. And although it is James who initiates Michael into the New York club life, it is Michael who gathers around him similar souls---the kids who had been teased and bullied in school--and gives them fabulous new Club Kid identities. They are the Lost Boys to his Peter Pan, and help his rise to fame, as he becomes the premiere party giver. Few can resist Michael’s star power, including Peter Gatien (McDermott), the powerful club owner who indulges Michael as though he were his own son. But as the demands of leading the party parade escalate, Michael’s behavior becomes increasingly outrageous and violent, culminating in murder.

Evan

I know someone who saw a screening- he said it sucked. I have been waiting about two years to see this, I'm very disappointed to hear that, but I'll still check it out and make my own decision. I'm not surprised- when a book is that good it rarely translates well into a movie.

But I hear that Seth Green is supposed to make an excellent James St. James.

I started clubbing in 1994, right before this movie took place. I went to school with a big promoter, so I started promoting too. I promoted at Limelight, Tunnel, Paladium and Club USA at the time. I was at Limelight most of the time though.I worked side by side with Michael Alig. There were times I went there 4 nights a week. I knew every person in this movie, especially Angel. Two of my best friends who lived with me at the time, "worked" for Angel. We were hanging out with him the night before he was killed and he came back to our house to chill. I drove him back to his apartment that day and that was the last anyone saw him. A few days later, his brother was calling our house looking for him. About a week and a half after that, his legs washed up in a box on Staten Island. Two days later, the rest of his body washed up. One of my friends was at Michael's apartment while Angel's body was sitting in the bathtub. My friend asked Michael to go to the bathroom, and he told him it was broken.

I can't wait to see this movie.

RIP Angel Melendez :(

Originally posted by DarrellG

I started clubbing in 1994, right before this movie took place. I went to school with a big promoter, so I started promoting too. I promoted at Limelight, Tunnel, Paladium and Club USA at the time. I was at Limelight most of the time though.I worked side by side with Michael Alig. There were times I went there 4 nights a week. I knew every person in this movie, especially Angel. Two of my best friends who lived with me at the time, "worked" for Angel. We were hanging out with him the night before he was killed and he came back to our house to chill. I drove him back to his apartment that day and that was the last anyone saw him. A few days later, his brother was calling our house looking for him. About a week and a half after that, his legs washed up in a box on Staten Island. Two days later, the rest of his body washed up. One of my friends was at Michael's apartment while Angel's body was sitting in the bathtub. My friend asked Michael to go to the bathroom, and he told him it was broken.

I can't wait to see this movie.

RIP Angel Melendez :(

:isok::(

Originally posted by DarrellG

About a week and a half after that, his legs washed up in a box on Staten Island. Two days later, the rest of his body washed up. One of my friends was at Michael's apartment while Angel's body was sitting in the bathtub. My friend asked Michael to go to the bathroom, and he told him it was broken.

That's strange - in the book (Disco Bloodbath) and all the news- related pieces done on the murder, Angel's body was in the bathtub at Michael's apt. for at least 2 weeks and didn't wash up on shore for another 3-6 months.

Originally posted by lizard23

That's strange - in the book (Disco Bloodbath) and all the news- related pieces done on the murder, Angel's body was in the bathtub at Michael's apt. for at least 2 weeks and didn't wash up on shore for another 3-6 months.

Yea, it was in his bathroom for almost 2 weeks and 2 weeks later, it washed up. Not 3-6 months.

Originally posted by lizard23

If I recall correctly- it didn't take that long for it to wash up, but it was months before they actually identified the body.

Sick and tragic. *shakes head*

Originally posted by tastyt

If I recall correctly- it didn't take that long for it to wash up, but it was months before they actually identified the body.

Sick and tragic. *shakes head*

Exaclty, but Angel's brother got a phone call as soon as it washed up. We all had a feeling it was him before the police knew for sure.

New K movie? Everything doesn't revolve around K Evan... This movie and story had alot more in it than K... I mean, Aligs mother bumbed k w/ him, but there was lot more to the movie than K..

Obessive compulsive, need to talk about Kkkkkk

Originally posted by xlr8ted

New K movie? Everything doesn't revolve around K Evan... This movie and story had alot more in it than K... I mean, Aligs mother bumbed k w/ him, but there was lot more to the movie than K..

LOL... I was wondering why the fuck he called it a movie about K...

Originally posted by xlr8ted

The kid loves K!! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Evan

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/p/partymonster.php

Release Date: September 5, 2003 (NY, LA, CHI)

Studio: Strand Releasing

Director: Fenton Bailey, Randy Barbato

Screenwriter: Fenton Bailey, Randy Barbato

Starring: Macaulay Culkin, Seth Green, Wilson Cruz, Daniel Franzese, Lucy Liu, Natasha Lyonne, Marilyn Manson, Dylan McDermott, Diana Scarwid, Chloe Sevigny

Genre: Crime

MPAA Rating: Not available

Official Website: PartyMonster.com

Review: Not available

DVD/VHS: Not available

Movie Poster: Not available

Plot Summary: Based on the book "Disco Bloodbath" by James St. James, this feature film is a buddy movie with a lethal twist. Its focus is the friendship between Michael Alig (Culkin) and James St. James (Green), two mismatched kids who meet amidst the early 1990s nightclub scene in New York City. Of the two, James is smarter, but Michael is the quicker study. And although it is James who initiates Michael into the New York club life, it is Michael who gathers around him similar souls---the kids who had been teased and bullied in school--and gives them fabulous new Club Kid identities. They are the Lost Boys to his Peter Pan, and help his rise to fame, as he becomes the premiere party giver. Few can resist Michael’s star power, including Peter Gatien (McDermott), the powerful club owner who indulges Michael as though he were his own son. But as the demands of leading the party parade escalate, Michael’s behavior becomes increasingly outrageous and violent, culminating in murder.

Evan

Silly me, when I read this I didn't see the plot summary read:

People doing K

If ou bothered reading the book, the intro tells you that this book REVOLVES around K. In fact, it has a little section in the first couple paragraphs on how to cook it.

But yeah. Besides that, I got a little K obsession. I'm working on it.

Evan

Originally posted by Evan

If ou bothered reading the book, the intro tells you that this book REVOLVES around K. In fact, it has a little section in the first couple paragraphs on how to cook it.

But yeah. Besides that, I got a little K obsession. I'm working on it.

Evan

I read the book, and it doesn't say that the book revolves around K, it says to understand the people in the book, you have to understand K. K is not the focus... its a tiny tiny factor.

and good luck with your obsession.

I'll quote the first paragraph in the book:

"Galloping alongside this gripping murder mystery, thus ture murder mystery-is the running commentary of a babbling drug addict-me-and the outpouring of my consequesntial experiences with the drug Special K . It's a ghoulish tale, told with brutal cando, and it's not for the faint of heart ir the weak of stomache.

But if you've paid your money and jumped on board-and you really want tot get to know these people I've laid in front of you, and understand the choiuces they made-you'll need to know something about the drug called K .

Otherwise you'll be lost in sauce as they say.

So let's start at the very beginning (a very good place to start....)

KETAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE is actually:

2-(20-Chlorophenyl 1)-(menthylamino)-cyclohexanone hydrochloride

M.W.-274.2 C13H16CINO-HCI LD50 (IPR-MUS):400MG/kg LD50 (IVN-MUS): 77 mg/kg

White solid with a melting point of 266C

The water solubility is 20g/100ml

And its not flammable"

It goes on and on telling readers how to obtain it, cook it, and sniff it. What the effects are, etc.. I suggest you read the book before seeing the movie.

Evan

Did you read beyond the first paragraph??? :idea:

Obsession seems to be an understatement! :laugh2:

Of course not, the first paragraph got him so worked up he went out to look for K...

Just because that is what the first paragraph says, does not mean that it is the focal point for the remaining 300 pages.

Did you read beyond the first paragraph??? :idea:

Obsession seems to be an understatement! :laugh2:

There was more beyond the first paragraph??? LOL. Yeah. I didn't mean that this whole book is ABOUT K. But K is a factor in this movie. And I haven't seen any other movie with K in it (besides a 3 second clip in Armageddon where they say one of the oil drillers is on K) so I got a bit excited.

Evan