Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SOS - Save Our Supplements

HAZE

Congress is currently trying to ban/outlaw ephedrine (which is in a lot of dietary pills like Xenadrine, Metabolife, etc.), maybe that's it? The shit's dangerous anyway, I think they should. You might as well do real speed if you're going to take ephedrine b/c it's just as bad.

Originally posted by lizard23

Congress is currently trying to ban/outlaw ephedrine (which is in a lot of dietary pills like Xenadrine, Metabolife, etc.), maybe that's it? The shit's dangerous anyway, I think they should. You might as well do real speed if you're going to take ephedrine b/c it's just as bad.

I think thats a bit of an overstatement. I think ephedrine when taken properly can be beneficial to someone dieting or trying to get energy before going to the gym.

Of course I'm exaggerating slightly, but people have dropped dead from it and it's obviously dangerous enough that the gov't wants it taken off the shelf.

If your referring to the person for the orioles, he should not have been taking the product in the first place due to medical conditions and teamates had admitted that he was taking more than the recommended dose

Originally posted by skince55

If your referring to the person for the orioles, he should not have been taking the product in the first place due to medical conditions and teamates had admitted that he was taking more than the recommended dose

He's not the only person that has died from it though, or this wouldn't be an issue up for debate. Plus, I've been seeing articles on ephedra-related deaths for the past 5 years or so. Like with any substance, you just never know how your body is going to react to it. You can take the recommended dose and still have complications if your heart isn't strong enough (and how can you be sure that it is unless you are aware of a serious condition like a murmur or something.) I just know that I took Xenadrine for about 2 weeks before I was sick of feeling like i was going to pass out, like my heart was going to beat out of my chest and like I was strung out. Others may not experience these symptoms and be able to take it, but until you know for sure if you can (by going to a doctor for an exam where it is then prescribed to you if you are healthy, fit, etc.), it shouldn't be available over the counter.

He's not the only person that has died from it though, or this wouldn't be an issue up for debate. Plus, I've been seeing articles on ephedra-related deaths for the past 5 years or so. Like with any substance, you just never know how your body is going to react to it. You can take the recommended dose and still have complications if your heart isn't strong enough (and how can you be sure that it is unless you are aware of a serious condition like a murmur or something.) I just know that I took Xenadrine for about 2 weeks before I was sick of feeling like i was going to pass out, like my heart was going to beat out of my chest and like I was strung out. Others may not experience these symptoms and be able to take it, but until you know for sure if you can (by going to a doctor for an exam where it is then prescribed to you if you are healthy, fit, etc.), it shouldn't be available over the counter.

I am so glad we have the government to decide what we can and can not take.

And as far as deaths related to ephedra - 99% of them were just looking for a scapegoat. As humans - we always need someone or something to blame (or sue). Ephedra is not much different in its actions than caffiene - so should we also ban caffiene? How about over the counter sleeping pills - I read an article that stated that a girl over doesed on over the counter sleeping pills and died - I guess they need to be banned.

Nautica