Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pioneer CDJ800 vs. Denon S5000?

zeeker

Originally posted by pumavisor808

Shouldn't you be comparing the new cdj1000mk2 to the Denon???

No, not at all. The two I mentioned are in the same price range. I'm not about to shell out a grand for a damn cd player.

If I do settle for the 800, it'sd because it's almosty $200 cheaper than the Denon.

By any chance, do you know how precise the Denon's pitch change is? I tested one of the 800's out, and the most precise pitch change it makes is .05%. I know the CDj changes like .02% or something like that. I'm not sure about the s5000 though. Thanks.

Originally posted by christianjay

cant compare them,

one is a tray loading cd unit with a controller and the other is a tabletop unit with vinyl feel jog wheel

depends what u want

the denon has wayyyy more features though

and also is known to have problems with the cd drawer's

haha my bad, i got mixed up with the d9000

id take the pioneer over denon tabletop though

Originally posted by djmattreid

ived used the 5000 before and there just to much stuff on it that you dont use. that piece gives me a headache. i rather use the 2600 or even the 2100. and i also like to pioneer 3000 rackmont cdplayer to. check out those pieces.

yeah, I have the Pioneer CMX 3000 cd decks...but I fucked them up somehow. Every so often, when I put a CD in, the buttons freeze and I can't stop, play, cue, or do anything to a track. I'm actually sending that back and am thinking about getting just one table top cd player instead of another dual.