Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SpaceWars...............review

mursa

Guest saleen351

hey jenna, sorry i never got back to you, i've been so buys with my new job....

but as you can tell, miami folk thing space and their clubs are the best.... they think they are better for some unknown reason.. Fact remains, miami clubs suck now... Space 34 is a joke....

I"m hoping and praying, we get Stryke at NV for a techno night.... with the lights and vid screens, it could be huge!!!!

i'll hit you up later...

ps i have some summer of 98 compliations... sick shit.. but i'm all about 1997;)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by saleen351

but as you can tell, miami folk thing space and their clubs are the best.... they think they are better for some unknown reason.. Fact remains, miami clubs suck now... Space 34 is a joke....

Yea, Disney 34 sucks.....

So all you who went there on Saturday night, 2000+ are dumb f*cks according to above named refference :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dude, keep on knocking Space34; they enjoy it. :D

Disney 34...where the magic lives...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by xxgrooveericxx

Yea, Disney 34 sucks.....

So all you who went there on Saturday night, 2000+ are dumb f*cks according to above named refference :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dude, keep on knocking Space34; they enjoy it. :D

Disney 34...where the magic lives...

how many house heads were in the main room? 2000? way off... more like 1000....

Space has been here for 5 years... NV pulled 700 people at 40 dollar cover... if you lower that cover to 20 bucks, i bet you 1400 would have showd up... shit, i know 1400 would have showed up... so many people asked me for a list, and nv is just dumb... they let LP walk all over them...i'm sure they learned alot and will come out swinging this week... NV is a better club with a much worse sound system..... fix the sound and it's a winner... trust me...

it's dark, and greg (former lights guy from space) only had 1 day to tune it... give him time, and old space's will rise from 11st

Space has been here for 5 years... NV pulled 700 people at 40 dollar cover... if you lower that cover to 20 bucks, i bet you 1400 would have showd up... shit, i know 1400 would have showed up... so many people asked me for a list, and nv is just dumb... they let LP walk all over them...i'm sure they learned alot and will come out swinging this week... NV is a better club with a much worse sound system..... fix the sound and it's a winner... trust me...

it's dark, and greg (former lights guy from space) only had 1 day to tune it... give him time, and old space's will rise from 11st

I was talking about total, not just main room.

If NV was $20, probably get a lot more, no doubt. But then after NV they go to Disney 34...LP still wins

Greg is great light tech, and hopefully he does well at NV.

Disney 34 will still pull a majority of the clubbers in Miami, imo. I guess time will tell.

My 2 pennies....

QUOTE]

What a crock of shyt!! :laugh: :laugh: All I read from you folks from up north is how you bash the Miami scene and brag about how much better the scene is up there.Thats why your here and not up there. :D

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

no more FREE VIP TABLES for me...i am still hurting and its Monday...got there early and hit the open bar...i was putting good use to the open bar, but then "some" bartenders started saying open bar was closed, at 1230? i thought it said 3? well it was only one bartender, the others pretty much followed the rules...but then when the mainroom opened and u went to hit the open bar (its 115 am right about now) "all" the bartenders started saying that open bar was closed, unless u had a band...WTF?? well considering that most of my sisters friends came with little money...they dipped early...and missed a great set by Roly and of course Oscar G...Roly just destroyed the main room before OG got on...chilled with Roly up in the booth as he worked his magic on the decks (whats up with u wearing the Orioles batting jersey? MARLINS BABY!!!)....feeling scared and threatened by being sandwhiched between to rooms of hip hop ("Hip Hop to the right of me...Hip Hop above me..") i searched for Biz who took care of us for the VIP TABLE...just as promised i had a bottle of Grey Goose waiting for us....got pretty bent on the VIP (i am convinced...House music is of God and liquor is of the Devil!!)...dipped the VIP for a moment and went down stairs and bumped into some CPers (Steffy and Sobeton), chilled with them for a while and hit the booth to go bother OG...OG was laying one sick track after the other....disgusting set by OG....one of the best nights at Space that i have with just the locals...i even saw a "blow up doll" being thrown around the main room...they threw it into the booth and Roly grabbed "her" and then the doll pulled the train horn during a OG blow up (no pun intended)...chilled with steffy, meli and sobeton the rest of the night...hit the patio for some Roly patio funk (Thank God the Hippty Hoppers had left by then)...left Space at 615 and staggered to the car, hurting but not broken....OG and Roly really layed down the good stuff on Saturday-Sunday....and a big THANK YOU to LP for providing the bottle and the table...thanks to Biz for taking care of us...we were already finished with our bottle, when Biz asked us if we could "give up" our table for Oakie...i said sure, but i need to take a picture on Oakie's lap with a sign saying: TRANCE SUCKS....couldnt find Biz or Oakie after that comment...but it was still a great night....great hanging with: meli, steffy (great seeing u out..had a blast with ya), sobeton (i could tell u were dead..u werent ur self at Space), Nmotion and Candy (u guys are like Batman and Robin...partners in crime)...hell of a night at Space...

Nice, nice to see everyone had a great time wish i couldve been there but fuck it they'll be more parties to attend to soooooooooo till next time.

Btw Matas did that "someone" you wanted to avoid show up @ SPACE 34?

Originally posted by happyface

QUOTE]

What a crock of shyt!! :laugh: :laugh: All I read from you folks from up north is how you bash the Miami scene and brag about how much better the scene is up there.Thats why your here and not up there. :D

You took the Thought right out of my head .. :idea:

Originally posted by steffy27

Then Candy and NMotion finally arrived hours later (brian I want those pics btw ;) )

Ooops, I deleted them by accident :laugh: (j.k.)

Candy & Nmotion (was that you guys waking me up at 9am?? ;)

Lol... maybe :tongue:

space has not been around for 5 years. unless NV gets a decent resident they are f*cked. without some clear direction they are going to get smoked by Space.. ;)

Guest saleen351

oscar was playing a gay club before he went to space.... < he was a no body... (still is to most in miami)

give it time, and if the owner stands up to LP and fixes the sound they have a shot, but i woudln't bet the farm on it..

oscar was playing a gay club before he went to space.... < he was a no body... (still is to most in miami)

Look Saleen .. Oscar and Ralph have been making music and dj'ing since the early 90's playing everything from MIami to Ibiza. I'm sure they were known locally except it is the fact that we have a new generation of clubbers who may not know MURK , funky green dogs or liberty city .. but only oscar g and ralph falcon. As this new generation of clubbers (myself included) embraces MURK (their new album will give this name a face again) oscar will not be a nobody .. ask your self this question? What drives people to Space? Its obviously their residents Oscar and Roland so I do think they are somebody in Miami.

give it time, and if the owner stands up to LP and fixes the sound they have a shot, but i woudln't bet the farm on it..

HEY SALEEN !!

attachment.php?s=&postid=1612220

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

The jersey scene is light years ahead of us. IMO the Jersey has the best vibe in the country.

Thank You!!! You can't explain it. I'm not knocking space because I thought the music was insane. It was just that "feeling" was missing. In any event I'll def visit again. :D

hey jenna, sorry i never got back to you, i've been so buys with my new job....

I"m hoping and praying, we get Stryke at NV for a techno night.... with the lights and vid screens, it could be huge!!!!

i'll hit you up later...

ps i have some summer of 98 compliations... sick shit.. but i'm all about 1997;)

OMG I love you!!! ha ha! I guess the best part about space is the sunrise sessions. We need Surf to do that or have Temps put a roof deck on :) I'll def be back to Miami...soon very soon. 3 days is way too short to squeeze everything in. Looking forward to Crobar opening in NYC this fall.

and yes 97 was great too. You'' have to hook me up with some of those compilations. Good luck with NV, place could rock!

Originally posted by happyface

QUOTE]

We just like a change of scenery one in awhile :bootysha: